• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
My Wal-Mart in store pickup preorder has arrived, that's twice now they've come on time.

But yeah, I'm not even sure I want it now because it looks kind of boring.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I got the entire Fatal Frame PS2 series from the delivery today and I was so yearn for them, since they're bunch of rare items which I couldn't find them anywhere. $35 for each game was pretty worth, imo.

I looking forward to play it at night.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sweet god I got day one shipping for my copy of Death Stranding with Amazon, order page was telling me to expect by next Friday by the earliest.

I live like 20 minutes away from a distribution centre but that has never swung in my favour before lmao

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Death Stranding was delivered. I saw mention of pre-order codes. Does Walmart not provide them because I don't have any.

EDIT: Nevermind I just got my code in an email

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well yea, I love his content but it was very obvious he wasn't going to like it since he didn't like RDR2 or BOTW.
IIRC, Jim did like BOTW. He said it was a great game (maybe not 10/10) brought down by a constantly annoying and immersion-breaking "weapon fragility" system, to the point where he could only call it a "good" game and gave it 7/10 (a figure which he considered to be a positive, because Jim's scale goes from 0-10, unlike the common industry review scale which goes from 5-10 due to fear of offending, which skewed "average" over to 7.5/10 and turned 7/10 into an insult). Bear in mind, we also live in a world where Nintendo fans lost their shit when GameSpot gave a Zelda game a mere 8.8.

For RDR2, Jim railed about how time-wasting and up-it's-own-ass Rockstar got.

And Jim loved Kojima's previous games, but Death Stranding seems to combine the things he disliked in both BOTW and RDR2, minus the things that he liked about those two games (and Metal Gear). Seems worth mentioning.

Brivs

Creative Director, BancyCo
Verified
Nov 4, 2017
Toronto
Well, I got the entire Fatal Frame PS2 series from the delivery today and I was so yearn for them, since they're bunch of rare items which I couldn't find them anywhere. $35 for each game was pretty worth, imo.

I looking forward to play it at night.

Oh, fantastic scores! Hope you dig 'em; I ordered all three last year and played them one after the other. Would love to know what you think. Those are damn good prices; I paid $70 apiece for new, unsealed copies.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking I'll sell my copy for whatever I paid for it, I don't even remember what tier I backed. All I know is that I'm at least getting a steelbook.

Oct 27, 2017
What's the best place to get a Steam Controller in Canada? Valve doesn't seem to ship them here for some reason and Amazon prices are nuts.

Micro

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone have experience ordering from VGP? They're having a sale right now. I ordered the four original Yakuza games. Likely not worth jumping into these versions, as I hear the Kiwami games replace the PS2 games nicely and 3 & 4 can be found on PS4 now, but they're a nice addition to the collection. Working through Yakuza 0 and it is fantastic.

Yakuza (PS2) - $25
Yakuza 2 (PS2) - $25
Yakuza 3 (PS3) - $50 (same price on Amazon, not currently on sale)
Yakuza 4 (PS3) - $30

I've been in-person a few times, but never ordered anything online.

Link for anyone interested.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Anyone have experience ordering from VGP? They're having a sale right now. I ordered the four original Yakuza games. Likely not worth jumping into these versions, as I hear the Kiwami games replace the PS2 games nicely and 3 & 4 can be found on PS4 now, but a nice addition to the collection. Working through Yakuza 0 and it is fantastic.

Yakuza (PS2) - $25
Yakuza 2 (PS2) - $25
Yakuza 4 (PS3) - $30

Use Paypal, please. They have horrible security on their site.

ReddishGUI

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have experience ordering from VGP? They're having a sale right now. I ordered the four original Yakuza games. Likely not worth jumping into these versions, as I hear the Kiwami games replace the PS2 games nicely and 3 & 4 can be found on PS4 now, but a nice addition to the collection. Working through Yakuza 0 and it is fantastic.

Yakuza (PS2) - $25
Yakuza 2 (PS2) - $25
Yakuza 4 (PS3) - $30

PAYPAL ONLY

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
do tell! Looking for impressions from the non Kojima clique. Looks utterly dull but so did BOTW from videos and it turned out to be stellar.

The story is moving much faster and making a lot more sense than I expected. It's quirky as fuck, but it's not like nothing makes sense. There's tons of exposition.

As for the gameplay, it's just fun to move Sam around. Controlling him is actually challenging, constantly looking for the best path, avoiding rough terrain, managing your balance, stamina, the load you carry, and fighting the elements, then there's also avoiding the BTs and avoiding making too much noise. Helps that the world is beautiful, and the soundtrack truly sublime.

I never played anything quite like this, but it works.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
The story is moving much faster and making a lot more sense than I expected. It's quirky as fuck, but it's not like nothing makes sense. There's tons of exposition.

As for the gameplay, it's just fun to move Sam around. Controlling him is actually challenging, constantly looking for the best path, avoiding rough terrain, managing your balance, stamina, the load you carry, and fighting the elements, then there's also avoiding the BTs and avoiding making too much noise. Helps that the world is beautiful, and the soundtrack truly sublime.

I never played anything quite like this, but it works.

that is sounding really good! Trick question time (no trick, just answer honestly if you can), how did you feel about the last guardian? And RDR2? Please and thank you for the helpful impressions.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
that is sounding really good! Trick question time (no trick, just answer honestly if you can), how did you feel about the last guardian? And RDR2? Please and thank you for the helpful impressions.

RDR2 I didn't play yet past the intro (I was impressed by the technical wizardry on display, but I can't really speak to the game any more than that). The Last Guardian I enjoyed quite a bit, though not as much as SOTC.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
RDR2 I didn't play yet past the intro (I was impressed by the technical wizardry on display, but I can't really speak to the game any more than that). The Last Guardian I enjoyed quite a bit, though not as much as SOTC.

Thanks! Based on your prefs, DS will be my black friday purchase :)

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Got my WM Death Stranding order on the day of release.... Incredible. I also can't play it for a few weeks so it doesn't matter anyways lol.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
How easy is it to return Wal-Mart pre ordered games? I'm not sure I even want Death Stranding now. It's only one of three games I picked to get this year though.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
How easy is it to return Wal-Mart pre ordered games? I'm not sure I even want Death Stranding now. It's only one of three games I picked to get this year though.
They fixed whatever broke their system so it's pretty easy. Of course you need to have your order number because for some stupid reason they don't include it on the invoice they put in the packaging. lol

xKirbz

Apr 12, 2018
Anyone else not get their preorder bonus from amazon for death stranding? I emailed them and their response was that I got my game when I specifically wrote preorder bonus in the email. So annoying.

xKirbz

Apr 12, 2018
They took the preorder bonus off the game description section which was there yesterday. I hope someone took a screenshot of it.

Edit: never mind it's still there.

If anyone is looking for an OLED, Gibby's Electronics has placed their Black Friday pricing up early...

B9 55" $1498
B9 65" $2398

C9 55" $1698
C9 65" $2698

This is the cheapest I've seen them... and I've been looking for the last few months as I've been jumping between QLED and OLED sets... I just snagged a B9...

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is looking for an OLED, Gibby's Electronics has placed their Black Friday pricing up early...

B9 55" $1498
B9 65" $2398

C9 55" $1698
C9 65" $2698

This is the cheapest I've seen them... and I've been looking for the last few months as I've been jumping between QLED and OLED sets... I just snagged a B9...
Where you see that? Online C9 is listed at $2198

Status
Not open for further replies.