• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Thanks for the suggestion; I checked but no dice. I also find it strange how my CC hasn't been charged for it, despite getting a confirmation email from eBay.

Guess I'll wait another day or so.

I am waiting on mine too. I curious whether you got the promo code (available only this weekend) on your mobile app that I posted about earlier (5 bucks discount for purchases over 10 bucks in total).

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Friends are in states, what are some good US only things they can pick up for me. I had a list but can't find it, now I'm drawing a blank. (NYC specifically)

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It shouldn't be that long. Did you check your spam just in case or other tab like promotions etc
Ordered a psn card when they first went live last week and got it in minutes. Then I ordered another one on Thursday, for Xbox this time, and still nothing yet.
I am waiting on mine too. I curious whether you got the promo code (available only this weekend) on your mobile app that I posted about earlier (5 bucks discount for purchases over 10 bucks in total).
Finally got it at ~4AM EST. My CC still hasn't been changed for it, strangely enough, but sometimes CC payments are slow to process on the weekend with my bank.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
We don't have Rainbow Chip frosting up here anymore? I used to buy that stuff and eat it straight back when I first started getting money. Cheapest sugar I could buy. But I guess I haven't touched it in a decade or 2.
Yeah they stopped selling it up here. We have the rainbow Chip mix but not the frosting. I used to put it in fridge and have a small spoonful as a dessert after dinner lol

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I forgot to ask this when you quoted me. Is there at least a pending transaction on it? Maybe it just takes time for your CC to post.
No, but I also pre-ordered an iPhone this week and that hasn't shown up either. Sometimes my CC is just slow to show certain charges, especially on weekends. I got the code though, so I'm sure I'll be charged for it sometime next week, during the business week.

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone- I'm looking to get a micro SD card for the upcoming switch lite - any good places to get at least a 128 gb for a decent price in Toronto? I was going to use amazon as long as it is shipped and sold by amazon but I heard even that will get you fakes still, so I'm looking to buy from a physical store now.

zeitgeist

Oct 27, 2017
Hey everyone- I'm looking to get a micro SD card for the upcoming switch lite - any good places to get at least a 128 gb for a decent price in Toronto? I was going to use amazon as long as it is shipped and sold by amazon but I heard even that will get you fakes still, so I'm looking to buy from a physical store now.

I'm looking for one too but will probably wait until Black Friday. They always have good micro SD sales then.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking for one too but will probably wait until Black Friday. They always have good micro SD sales then.

I don't know what decent price means to you guys but 400GB will go sub-$100 for sure.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Where, as a Canadian living in Toronto, should I be buying a new CPU and/or GPU for my PC? (As a PC layman who had my current rig built by Canada Computers in 2016, I still need to do some research to understand where the biggest bang for buck would be on an upgrade)

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Where, as a Canadian living in Toronto, should I be buying a new CPU and/or GPU for my PC? (As a PC layman who had my current rig built by Canada Computers in 2016, I still need to do some research to understand where the biggest bang for buck would be on an upgrade)
Does it need to be a B&M in Toronto? You can use pcpartpicker.com to get the biggest bang for a buck. It shows which merchants give the cheapest price for a said item. This is how I bought my first PC and when I upgraded it last year.

Oct 25, 2017
Just check Canada Computers, Newegg, Memory Express etc... all the computer stores and check prices?

If you need a place with a BM location then maybe try some of the computer stores around College and Spadine (I assume they still exist)

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

If you can't wait till black Friday, just get it from Amazon and use programs to detect if it is a legit card (if you have an sd or micro sd card slot on your computer). H2testw is the main windows program (it also works VERY slow), FakeFlashTest is much faster but less thorough (it even says when it's done analyzing a card to double check with h2testw). Not sure about any non-windows programs

If fake, yell at amazon for trying to scam you and return it

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

Costco has the 128 and 256, I vaguely recall it being $29 and $49, respectively.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

You got the right idea. Personally prefer CC in store for CPU and Motherboard, and then everything else wherever it's cheapest.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
cancelled my Links Awakening order with Amazon. They don't even have an estimate for when it'll ship and I'm not dealing with the bullshit. They're appalling

amprsand11

Jan 12, 2018
Canada
I've been paying 51.95 for 50/10 DSL for a while. Maybe the DSL price wasn't affected? I dunno... no sign of a change in my account portal either.
Yeah nothing for me. I'm 50/10 DSL for $57.

I'm with Start, have been paying $50 for 25/10. I got the email this weekend that I'm getting bumped to 50/10 for the same price.
Their fiber has also been lowered to $50/mo for 1000/50, which I'll be jumping on as soon as it's available at my apartment.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, I don't post here often but I read this thread a lot. I finally live in a province where there are trains. Tuesdays are the best day to buy train tickets, right? That's what I was told.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Walmart STILL hasn't even shipped my Gears 5 order. CSRs keep passing the ball and telling me to wait 3 days then recontact. Then when I do recontact, they just tell me the same thing- wait 3 more days and recontact. Ridiculous nonsense. They tell me excuses like "the reason it's taking so long is due to a system update" or "the game is really popular". Complete BS, it's in stock! If I reordered it at full price I bet I'd get it the next day, as the estimate says.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Two things I guess one would be what bank would yall recommend, and I'd be safe to assume we're not getting the snes controllers.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I bought one too... 7$ shipping for a small super light thing like that and that still takes 6 to 10 days to ship is kind of bullshit but whatever

Muaddib

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure it's worth it, honestly. it ends up costing 53 bucks for a controller that only works on the switch. Might as well get an 8bitdo.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
8bitdo controllers are always the way better deal, fyi. Better value and more functionality.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
Walmart STILL hasn't even shipped my Gears 5 order. CSRs keep passing the ball and telling me to wait 3 days then recontact. Then when I do recontact, they just tell me the same thing- wait 3 more days and recontact. Ridiculous nonsense. They tell me excuses like "the reason it's taking so long is due to a system update" or "the game is really popular". Complete BS, it's in stock! If I reordered it at full price I bet I'd get it the next day, as the estimate says.
cancel that, bruh. play Gears on Gamepass

Hubologist

Nov 1, 2017
Are those 8bitdo Bluetooth USB dongles legit? I've got a Wii U Pro controller I've barely ever used. I think it's compatible with PC too, so I could use that and my DS4's there as well. Anyone have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.