• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, thanks. 9 by my place. I hope I can try it first but we'll see.

EDIT: reading tons of negative opinions about stiff ass padding and non-adjustable back

For the money it's a hard chair to beat.

I'd recommend browsing Kijiji and checking out office surplus stores for better used chairs if you have the patience. I got a Steelcase Leap for $200 off Kijiji. I got a really nice adjustable mesh chair for my girlfriend for $80 from an office surplus store.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Guess if we want one we have to order from Amazon.com or Amazon.co.jp. Both are basically ~$150 CAD after import fees and shipping.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone recommend me a list for new computer? Mine is going to be 18 next month.

I thought I'd ask here looking for a better sale (Of course, I highly doubt it because of price and tax) but I guess it's worth to try.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone hating on the turbografx design vs pc engine but that TG-16 design is totally retro nostalgia for us poor folk playing NES while the rich dude down the street had the turbografx and turbo express.
Luckily I never knew any rich TG-16 kids. Only SNES people. The odd Genesis kid but nobody went to their house to play that junk.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
More or less, but this machine is still kicking. :P

Honestly, I'm kind of in awe. You are clearly better at squeezing every last drop out of a computer than the rest of us.

What do you want out of a new computer? Pretty much anything you buy will be a massive improvement, so it's worth thinking about whether you want something as cheap as possible, or something to play games on, or if you want a laptop, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

What do you want out of a new computer? Pretty much anything you buy will be a massive improvement, so it's worth thinking about whether you want something as cheap as possible, or something to play games on, or if you want a laptop, etc.

I'm thinking of both gaming and performance, but I can't come up with these because there are so many various and it's hard to tell which is compatible for newer computer (And cheap if possible). That's what I'm looking for it.

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
After extensive research for a new computer desk chair, I settled for a DXRacer chair.

Gaming chair companies are the one segment in the market that offer reasonably price chairs that are catered to different person sizes depending on the model. Unlike all those regular non gaming chair that are just made for a large public.

Don't buy an IKEA chair, nonadjustable arm rest are a no no!

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

I'm thinking of both gaming and performance, but I can't come up with these because there are so many various and it's hard to tell which is compatible for newer computer (And cheap if possible). That's what I'm looking for it.

The Microsoft Store is a pretty decent source of prebuilt computers, and they're running a two-day sale to counter Prime Day: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/b/sale

Dell's doing the same: https://deals.dell.com/en-ca

As for what to buy, it's hard for me to say because I build my own systems and so don't have a great sense for what's good pricing and what's terrible. I would recommend that if you go for, say, one of the Dell gaming desktops, to think about a graphics card upgrade--the GTX 1050 isn't the greatest card, I'd probably want at least a GTX 1060. I'm also not sure what the hell a GTX 1660 is but I suspect it's a newer-gen card that might actually be slower. You may want to just look at some gaming benchmarks, compare them with the specs you see, and decide on a suitable price/performance balance.

And honestly, pretty much anything you buy will perform better than your current system, so if you're okay with how your current PC performs then you should be happy with most configurations. Hell, I think Raspberry Pis might be competitive with your current rig based on what you've said, and that's a $50 hobby computer that fits in your pocket.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
After extensive research for a new computer desk chair, I settled for a DXRacer chair.

Gaming chair companies are the one segment in the market that offer reasonably price chairs that are catered to different person sizes depending on the model. Unlike all those regular non gaming chair that are just made for a large public.

I'd buy an IKEA chair everytime over a $400 gamer chair =P. There are plenty with adjustable arm rests

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017

But gamer chairs...look like that. Having to look at one of those things in my home is an absolute deal-breaker haha.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Goddamnit the TV I ordered just had to be delivered by Purolator. They never leave stuff with my building's security, which means going all the way out to Kipling to pick this thing up. UGH. I hate Purolator so much it hurts.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamnit the TV I ordered just had to be delivered by Purolator. They never leave stuff with my building's security, which means going all the way out to Kipling to pick this thing up. UGH. I hate Purolator so much it hurts.

Phone them (purolator) asap with the tracking number. Tell them you want it delivered to a purolator pickup point near your postal code.

I have one near me that doubles as a office supplies shop. It's odd but super convenient.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What other deals are there to post? This might very well be it until black friday :/

Status
Not open for further replies.