• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
My E3 preorder haul:

• Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled - $30
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - $65
  • Fire Emblem 3 Houses - $65
  • Astral Chain - $65
  • Pokemon Sword/Shield - $125
  • Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - $
  • Cyberpunk 2077 - $55
  • Marvel's Avengers - $55

Plus some outstanding preorders from years past:
  • Death Stranding - $50
  • Final Fantasy 7 - $50
  • Metroid Prime 4 - $40 (and here I thought this would release before Death Stranding and FF7R lol)

Discounts on the Nintendo stuff isn't the best but its not like they go on sale often.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
My E3 preorder haul:

• Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled - $30
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - $65
  • Fire Emblem 3 Houses - $65
  • Astral Chain - $65
  • Pokemon Sword/Shield - $125
  • Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - $
  • Cyberpunk 2077 - $55
  • Marvel's Avengers - $55

Plus some outstanding preorders from years past:
  • Death Stranding - $50
  • Final Fantasy 7 - $50
  • Metroid Prime 4 - $40 (and here I thought this would release before Death Stranding and FF7R lol)

Discounts on the Nintendo stuff isn't the best but its not like they go on sale often.
Missed out on the E3 deal this year!

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Missed out on what? Or do you mean you missed out?

There definitely weren't any E3 trade glitches this time around!
He means you did by not buying cheap games and trading them to EB. Bunch of us used that as a supplement to the other deals to get games that weren't on sale for $40-50 + tax.

Last edited:

jetscanfly

Jan 19, 2018
What's wrong with GOG as a platform that I'd need to worry about that?

And are there no other options aside from CDkey?

No problem that I'm aware of other than a consumer being a Steam purist (not accounting for CD Projekt moral issues). I'm not aware of any other site that has the game on sale for preorder on PC either.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
What fuzzy said, we got a bunch of games for 45-56

Oh right, I considered that but its been a busy few weeks so I didn't bother, especially with EB viciously trimming the eligible titles for Trade 2.

The only thing I wanted but didn't get is Doom Eternal and Wolfenstein Youngblood (thanks Best Buy for selling out instantly)

Fairxchange

Oct 30, 2017
EB trade tracker said Dragon Quest Heroes II was $15 on Sunday, on Monday it was $9. They got me.. I bought two copies for trade in now I need to return them. Seems the game is decent so maybe I'll keep one.

Gerhalt

Oct 27, 2017
Is Costco the best place to get live gold? They have 12 month codes for $60 online which is the best I have seen. Do they sell them in store or just the Xbox cash cards?

Last edited:

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up. Our favorite games retailer Amazon.ca just launched their new MasterCard which has 2.5% back on Amazon purchases but 5% up to $3000 spent for 6 months. There is no fee so I might get for just my amazon purchases.

Unless you do all your shopping at Amazon, there are better no-annual-fee cards out there.

Tangerine, Rogers, etc.

keakster

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
2G0oeW5.png

Has anyone seen anything about Link's Awakening Dream Edition being available for pre-order?

Seems to be up on BestBuy's US site, but no trace of it on any of the dot CAs that I've checked

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

They're owned by CD PROJEKT RED who have garnered a significant amount of controversy through various transphobic media posts made on GOG's media accounts and reports of dubious business practices pertaining to the treatment of their employees i.e. crunch but I don't know if that's what the original poster was referring to.

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon sending me some bullshit email asking me if I want to cancel cyberpunk for PS4 lol.

They're like "were trying to get the game, but if you want to cancel, its simple. Just click this link bro!!!11"

I don't know what kind of shit they are trying to pull here. Game is a year away. I don't think they like that I got it for $55.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That seemed sarcastic, why was he banned wtf

What? That was pretty shitty sarcasm then...
even Einreich has no idea.

Did I miss something? Did I say something wrong?

These are Einreich 's last few posts in this thread so not sure even if it was a joke what the hell he was talking about.
At least ohlawd should quote what they are referring to if they going to have that type of "sarcasm".

What will you trade?
I shouldnt preorder any with the GamePass, but.. hard to pass. I will sell them with profits.

We'll see when he's unbanned what it was about I guess.

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

See above re: transphobic social media and whatnot, but presumably if you're okay with getting Cyberpunk 2077 you're probably okay enough with buying on GOG too, given that the same parent company owns them.

Regarding where to buy it, it is on sale on some other storefronts--Steam, Epic, etc.--but I don't think it's on any key resellers like Green Man Gaming or Fanatical (neither of those sites have The Witcher either). No other storefront has it on discount, either. CDKeys is your only real option if you don't want to pay full price. CDPR did mention that they're looking into ways to bring a physical edition of Cyberpunk 2077 PC to North America (or maybe just the U.S.) if you want to hold out for that possibility.

EDIT: Sorry, my bad, didn't realize they'd already announced details on physical pre-orders:

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion | OT3 | Our Only Deal is 30% off Drama (Prime Only)

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up. Our favorite games retailer Amazon.ca just launched their new MasterCard which has 2.5% back on Amazon purchases but 5% up to $3000 spent for 6 months. There is no fee so I might get for just my amazon purchases.
I miss the chase card. This isn't as good as others out there right now. 😭

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone participated in the latest Air Miles Mega Miles promotion, the bonus Air Miles finally posted. $140 worth of air miles that only cost me like $15.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Ughhhh. Judgment physical for $69, or Judgment digital for $79, but I get to play tomorrow?

Why is the digital version $10 more, that's silly

giphy.gif

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
BB and their shitty checkout system borked my Doom order. not going to deal with that anymore so someone can have the voucher they sent me.

$5 voucher - BBY1W9256J

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think that a $500 USD next-gen console would sell in Canada for $650 CAD so over 700$ after taxes ?
Yes, they might give a slight discount like $50, but if it's too low they're just creating a grey market opportunity for Canadian consoles in the US.

It's funny thinking back to how the price ended up rising over what I paid at launch, one of those times getting in early really worked out.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
The PS3 was 599 if I recall, not sure if they would do that again.

Sounds like they might. Let's just hope it's $450 USD or something.

Yes, they might give a slight discount like $50, but if it's too low they're just creating a grey market opportunity for Canadian consoles in the US.

It's funny thinking back to how the price ended up rising over what I paid at launch, one of those times getting in early really worked out.

I guess it makes for them to keep the price equity than. However, it'd probably be a big blow the Canadian game market right ? The consoles probably wouldn't move much at that price. I'm especially scared of them upping the game prices to $70 USD. That'd be $90 CAD + taxes which is crazy expensive.

And yeah I remember that. I got fucked by that price increase hahaha. It delayed my purchase by a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.