• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
East side of SJ was apparently out. West side (where I went) still had like six or something.

I used this tool to check stock: https://stock.ga/ and it seemed accurate. Used UPC 4549659016 for the Pro Controller.

EDIT: Somewhat unrelated note, but the D-Pad is not great on these things at all. I can see now what people have been complaining about. Great controller otherwise.

Amazing site! But I can't get Best Buy to work at all, says there are no best buys in my area.

Weird I just checked the site and said was available snd ran to my walmart but still sold out. Maybe they all in the back still

For what it's worth, there are a ton of Walmart's in the Brampton area that have them available, if you live anywhere near it or know someone who lives there and can buy it for you

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Glad Walmart put Spyro on sale. It was the only thing I wanted to pick up this week.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it was already mentioned but Costco has a great deal on XBL 3 month codes. Currently on for $16.49, but also comes with a $15 Xbox Live Gift Card. This is on their site.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
Very happy today. Went into Walmart for some pens and markers but happened to stop by the electronics department just in case they restocked.

AND THEY DID!

Switch pro controller and switch joycon charging grip right off the shelf!

I'm a very happy boy.

Gerhalt

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it was already mentioned but Costco has a great deal on XBL 3 month codes. Currently on for $16.49, but also comes with a $15 Xbox Live Gift Card. This is on their site.
Wow this is an amazing deal, so 3 months of live for essentially $1.50. I should be able to buy three of these and add 9 months of live and $45 to my account, no issues with that I assume.

MarkRJR

Oct 25, 2017
Such a good deal but Costco's site seems kinda bad. I tried to order but a few hours later received an email stating they couldn't confirm my information... I don't think I've ever experienced that from an online store before since I triple check my information when I order something.

Looked over my information attached to the order and it was all correct, not sure what the deal was.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing site! But I can't get Best Buy to work at all, says there are no best buys in my area.

For what it's worth, there are a ton of Walmart's in the Brampton area that have them available, if you live anywhere near it or know someone who lives there and can buy it for you
Sadly i dont know anyone and i live in winnipeg haha I know WINNIPEG!!!

JK-Money

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very happy today. Went into Walmart for some pens and markers but happened to stop by the electronics department just in case they restocked.

AND THEY DID!

Switch pro controller and switch joycon charging grip right off the shelf!

I'm a very happy boy.
Where in Canada?

Muffinnutz

Oct 28, 2017
Wow this is an amazing deal, so 3 months of live for essentially $1.50. I should be able to buy three of these and add 9 months of live and $45 to my account, no issues with that I assume.

I ordered 3 of them. I got the 3 month codes, but so far nothing for the $15 codes. It's been 23 hours now. I'm getting a little worried the $15 codes aren't coming. I've had codes from Costco.ca take 8ish hours previously, but not this long. I'm not sure how a refund or dispute process with costco.ca will work in this case. I took a screenshot of the offer page. I'll update if/when they come through.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Crazy deal. Just made 3 orders. $45 credit and 9 months for $49.47 is excellent.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
actually, it's 3+1, which comes down to a full year if you ordered 3

you have to turn on auto billing when you redeem, and after you're done with all codes, you can turn it off

Nice, the image just shows 3, so I never knew it included an extra month. I remember having to turn off auto billing when I redeemed a few 12-month codes some years back.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
You never had to be a Costco member to order from their site before, but they changed it last year from what I remember. It's too bad because that's a great deal.

Gerhalt

Oct 27, 2017
actually, it's 3+1, which comes down to a full year if you ordered 3

you have to turn on auto billing when you redeem, and after you're done with all codes, you can turn it off
Are you saying these are what are essentially 4 month cards? so 3 cards will equal 12 months? Also, sorry I am not sure what you mean when you mentioned turning on and off the auto renew function and what it has to do with this offer.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Or realize that being on only the 3rd chapter after 2 months that maybe the game isn't for them and just give up.
No I really love RDR2 I just was swamped with work October to the Holiday break! I am stoked to go back and play it. Just I leave the school I'm teaching at at the end of January and my work friend is into Dark Souls and wants to hear my impressions so was contemplating jumping into that before finishing RDR2.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Are you saying these are what are essentially 4 month cards? so 3 cards will equal 12 months? Also, sorry I am not sure what you mean when you mentioned turning on and off the auto renew function and what it has to do with this offer.
Microsoft gives 1 free month if you redeem a code and go from previous state of no auto renew -> auto renew. So if you do that 3 times you can get 12 months

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
My backlog after this week is gross. Where should I begin my Canadian friends?

Wolfenstein 2
Witcher 3
Red Dead Redemption 2 (currently on Chapter 3)
Dishonored 2
MGSV
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Shenmue 1&2
Dark Souls 1,2,3 (never played these)
Shadow of War
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
AC: Odyssey
South park 1/2
Divinity: Original Sin

Kingdom Hearts 3 and Resident Evil 2 come at the end of January too. But KH3 I want to play the previous games first.
Witcher 3 is still the Game of the Gen so that one

Muaddib

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, the image just shows 3, so I never knew it included an extra month. I remember having to turn off auto billing when I redeemed a few 12-month codes some years back.
I don't think it's advertised because it might be YMMV.

When entering each of the 3 months code, I got a message asking me to turn on auto billing to get a free month.

After I entered all 3 codes, I turned off auto billing and had a total of 12 months added to my account

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
My backlog after this week is gross. Where should I begin my Canadian friends?

Wolfenstein 2
Witcher 3
Red Dead Redemption 2 (currently on Chapter 3)
Dishonored 2
MGSV
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Shenmue 1&2
Dark Souls 1,2,3 (never played these)
Shadow of War
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
AC: Odyssey
South park 1/2
Divinity: Original Sin

Kingdom Hearts 3 and Resident Evil 2 come at the end of January too. But KH3 I want to play the previous games first.
Lmfao, your like a skinny teenager who blurts out how disgustingly fat they are after a grande frap at Starbucks lol.

Anyways, I highly recommend D:OS or Witcher 3 if you like to be totally engrossed.

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
Spotify is $0.99 for three months for new subscribers. I'm checking out to test the integration with the consoles. Apparently ps+ members get 10% off too. I'll be comparing it to google play since I have a founder plan with that service.

Last edited:

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Lmfao, your like a skinny teenager who blurts out how disgustingly fat they are after a grande frap at Starbucks lol.

Anyways, I highly recommend D:OS or Witcher 3 if you like to be totally engrossed.

He has lots of good games to choose from. Dishonored 2, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and the first South Park are probably the best of the bunch so I'd start there (and save The Witcher until after RDR2 is done). But I'd throw Wolfenstein 2 into the trash and not bother with it, because it's crap.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
He has lots of good games to choose from. Dishonored 2, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and the first South Park are probably the best of the bunch so I'd start there (and save The Witcher until after RDR2 is done). But I'd throw Wolfenstein 2 into the trash and not bother with it, because it's crap.
Wolf 2 is that bad eh? Okay I'll put it at the bottom of the list. Lol.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone want 14 days of Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass? Trial codes came with the new Xbox controller, keep in mind that the Game Pass one works for new subscribers only.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I know, I wasn't trashing the games. Just that he feels like his backlog is massive is funny to dummies such as myself who have hundreds lol.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Wolf 2 is that bad eh? Okay I'll put it at the bottom of the list. Lol.

I didn't enjoy it, and I didn't seem to be alone based on a thread here.

The difficulty is extreme and terribly unbalanced, it's full of choke points and has terrible forced stealth.

I know, I wasn't trashing the games. Just that he feels like his backlog is massive is funny to dummies such as myself who have hundreds lol.

No. I know. I just didn't see his original post to quote, and was too lazy to search.

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty happy that eBay coupon landed today. Got myself a Fender bass that I was going to have to order from Long and McQuade or something anyway, saved $128.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I ordered 3 of them. I got the 3 month codes, but so far nothing for the $15 codes. It's been 23 hours now. I'm getting a little worried the $15 codes aren't coming. I've had codes from Costco.ca take 8ish hours previously, but not this long. I'm not sure how a refund or dispute process with costco.ca will work in this case. I took a screenshot of the offer page. I'll update if/when they come through.

I haven't received my Gold or promo codes, yet. I ordered about 6 hours ago. How long was it, after you ordered, before you got your Gold codes?

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
...but you just bought 3 Switch consoles a couple of days ago?

When i wrote that, Walmart had put some on the side for me when I called them. When i got there I was told that they don't do hold off's for "HOT ITEMS" . So i was kinda mad when i got there. I spent my entire day with the kids looking for them today. 1 for me, my daughter and my son. Had to go to 2 different Walmart as 1 had a limit per customer and the other didnt. bleh Now i'm way to tired to even play haha

JK-Money

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's probably not 100% accurate. Did you try the photo center? I've seen people saying some Walmarts had them at the photo counter...for some reason.
Went back to check 3 hours later because the wife needed something and low and behod they were back in stock! Thanks for this managed to grab one!

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Lord forgive me, for I have sinned: today I low-balled on a kijiji listing.
In my defence, it did list OBO.
OBO always means you'll get less as a seller. If I see a listing with this I'll always haggle. Best is when you are face to face with a seller, you can get really low prices because most people suck at haggling or just want to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.