• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Bocchi

Oct 25, 2017
if you pick up fire emblem warriors, atleast buy the fe fates dlc pack, otherwise the only lance users are flying units, which die really easily to bow units

fates pack gives you oboro.azura and niles(bow unit) and speaking of bow units, i believe there are only 2 in the base game, sakura and takumi,

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Fire Emblem Warriors has fallen into the price threshold that Nintendo games so rarely do: So cheap, it doesn't matter that I have no interest in playing it.

I'll skip it, I already own the infinitely better Hyrule Warriors, but that's a dope price.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also realizing Starlink for $30 is pretty tempting as well. I mean considering it came out two months ago.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
What an amazing deal. Trade in my PS4 and get the Switch for $200? WOW. Who the hell does these trade ins?
A launch PS4 for $180 is about as good as you're gonna get. Might be able to squeak out $200 on craigslist, but you'd have to get lucky. The Spider-Man 1TB PS4 Slim on Black Friday was what, $260? PS4s are cheap, I don't know what you expect

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
That's right, you also only pay tax on the Switch on the remaining balance, which depending on where you live (like here in Vancouver), is like another $20 saved. Plus, the Switch comes with Mario Party.

I dunno, seems like a fair deal to me, considering it takes away the bullshit of dealing with Craigslist.

PlainOldJosh

Nov 4, 2017
Shenmue I & II is $9.99 on amazon.ca. PS4 version.

tVzFWi8.png

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
A launch PS4 for $180 is about as good as you're gonna get. Might be able to squeak out $200 on craigslist, but you'd have to get lucky. The Spider-Man 1TB PS4 Slim on Black Friday was what, $260? PS4s are cheap, I don't know what you expect

Wow didn't think they were going for that cheap. I don't really follow the resell market but I see that slims sell for $380 atm. I guess they would also take original PS4's which are worth far less at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
La Résistance Country
Valkyria Chronicles 4 is damn tempting but I've got enough games as it is.

I ended up contacting Walmart about my Smash order that never received a tracking number. "Due to high volume of orders" yadda yadda yadda "you should receive your order on January 3rd". Great. It also turns out that I was charged for the game back in November with my Spyro order.

Amazon is consistently a week late on my orders, but at least they're consistent. Walmart was great up until this Smash order.

I was wondering what was up with my Smash pre-order. January 3rd? Dang Christmas is ruined.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I still haven't even played my copy of Shenmue, now it's ten bucks.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So did shenmue bomb? I was waiting till I had enough time to play it and suddenly it got to impulse buy price point.

Culgan

Oct 27, 2017
Valkyria Chronicles 4 is damn tempting but I've got enough games as it is.

I was wondering what was up with my Smash pre-order. January 3rd? Dang Christmas is ruined.

Fun update on that. My Walmart order was just cancelled tonight, no information given. I was definitely charged for Smash back in November for god knows what reason. I was okay with the late delivery, now I gotta fight them tomorrow. Ugh.

Oct 25, 2017
La Résistance Country
Fun update on that. My Walmart order was just cancelled tonight, no information given. I was definitely charged for Smash back in November for god knows what reason. I was okay with the late delivery, now I gotta fight them tomorrow. Ugh.

I literally got the same email moments after I made that post. But my order had a canceled card so I thought that was the reason. Last time I called, in which I was on the line for well over half an hour, they told me all my orders would be processed. Sigh, I don't wanna deal with them again...

If I take a look at the order page, it still says "order in progress" though. So I don't know what's going on.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017

Sorry to hear that, Walmart.ca is the worse, this happened to me last year with Battlefront 2 pre-order(I had a big discount but it was a blessing in disguise). Dealing with Walmart.ca is like dealing with people that just discovered the internet, and think it's still a new thing, and also think it's perfectly fine to be bad at it... because it's "so hard".

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
So did shenmue bomb? I was waiting till I had enough time to play it and suddenly it got to impulse buy price point.
Well, it just got stealth released last August, so....
Between that trophy leak thing (data predates the Japanese release I believe) and confirmed Japanese sales of over 50,000, it's sold 160,000+ on PS4 alone.

Probably did fine. Well enough for stock shortages at retail.

TheSix

Nov 1, 2017
Toronto
I haven't found anything I like just yet, here's hoping. I think I'm at a point where I don't need anything for gaming but who knows, a good deal is hard to pass up!

OP
OP
BRSxIgnition

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So I spoke more with Best Buy and they offered 10% off ($45) the Sony WH1000XM3 for the inconvenience of misguiding me about my price match working (I was told on the phone it would, ordered them, then was denied the price match.)

Should I keep them or return and wait for a better sale? I have $75 in gift cards I could out towards it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.