• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome, I'm still slightly sad you can't unlock the dismemberment code but playing Jedi Academy on the go will be fun.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Cool! I hope more people check out these games.

Hope it also has bot support for MP, I remember that being a lot of fun.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Bot support was in Jedi Outcast, HD version of the game lacks multiplayer completely.

Jedi Academy did not have bot support neither on Xbox or PC.

Huh, interesting, I never knew that.

I played Jedi Academy with bots on the PC but I had this mod that added levels from the films so it must have also have added bot support.

That's a shame, the singleplayer itself was good (I think Outcast was better) but MP was also good fun, but I guess it's probably too much for a port rather than something like a remake.

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah this has been known that it was coming out, just not when. I only put in about 20 minutes into Jedi Outcast, damn that game is hard!

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
This better not have the bug from Outcast where you can't erase save games and the saves game limit gets hit do you can't save any more.

Last edited:

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I feel like there was supposed to be a direct announcement today but with Covid probably was hard to get trailers out of a lot of places
Idk, maybe. At this point there is no way to know what is going on. The investor meeting is may 7th, so nintendo has to do something by then....either a direct or announcing that stuff is delayed in flux and they can't show it. Investors won't be happy, but better than just being radio silent.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
No, this is not evidence for a Direct. Third parties can shadowdrop Switch games on their own. Thronebreaker was shadowdropped in January.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Wait but that would mean...
aww-yeah-gif-5.gif

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Jedi Academy did not have bot support neither on Xbox or PC.
It definitely has bot support on PC, either that or I've been wasting my time all these years making botroutes for my custom maps. I haven't played the Xbox version in ages though but I can't imagine why it wouldn't.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is this so expensive. The Jedi Outcast port was half the price.

Just because it has MP? The Xbox One backwards compatible version is $9, in 4K and has all the original content.

This is ridiculous pricing. There better be some massive updates and changes to make double the price make sense.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
It definitely has bot support on PC, either that or I've been wasting my time all these years making botroutes for my custom maps. I haven't played the Xbox version in ages though but I can't imagine why it wouldn't.
PRETTY sure it had bot support on PC.

Yeah, I found out myself, it indeed has bot option. But I remember Jedi Academy Xbox not having bot support so I had to boot up Outcast instead... Could be wrong though, we'll find out tomorrow.

OP
OP

Deleted member 7217

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is this so expensive. The Jedi Outcast port was half the price.

Just because it has MP? The Xbox One backwards compatible version is $9, in 4K and has all the original content.

This is ridiculous pricing. There better be some massive updates and changes to make double the price make sense.

That's Canadian pricing for ya.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
This is a straight port of the old game? I used to play it on PC as a kid and it was IMMENSELY fun. Definitely looking forward to it.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap what a confusing naming scheme here, I was wondering why they re-released the second game before the first... Looking at the wiki, these are actually sequels to the Dark Forces games which means Jedi Knight II is the third game, and Jedi Academy is the fourth, not the first

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap what a confusing naming scheme here, I was wondering why they re-released the second game before the first... Looking at the wiki, these are actually sequels to the Dark Forces games which means Jedi Knight II is the third game, and Jedi Academy is the fourth, not the first
It's not that confusing. Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, JK2 Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 version is out in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, etc.:

Trailer: https://vulcan.dl.playstation.net/i...Qgiv_hH_Tkmrj6Hoc32tBEic-qpFnHi807IAFxf-T.mp4

Resolvable link: https://store.playstation.com/?resolve=EP1875-CUSA17820_00-STARWARSACADEMY1

PlayStation Store Description said:
mQmxA4Q.jpg

The online multiplayer classic comes to PlayStation 4 with trophies and modernized controls! Take on the role of a new student eager to learn the ways of the Force from Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.
  • Play with up to 32 online players in six online multiplayer modes including: Siege, Capture the Flag, and Free for All.
  • Customize your character by defining both look and gender before entering the Academy to learn the power and dangers of the Force.
  • Construct your own Lightsaber from handle to blade. As you progress, discover the power of wielding two Lightsabers or the ultimate double-bladed Lightsaber made famous by Darth Maul.
  • Interact with famous Star Wars characters in many classic Star Wars locations as you face the ultimate choice: fight for good and freedom on the light side or follow the path of power and evil to the dark side.

My Switch is set to U.S. region, so I can't check if the Switch version is out in the Europe, Australia, New Zealand, etc. eShops, but I imagine it is as well.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I coulda sworn they said it was a summer title when i looked up infi and i got super salty about it

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Oct 31, 2017
Huh, interesting, I never knew that.

I played Jedi Academy with bots on the PC but I had this mod that added levels from the films so it must have also have added bot support.

That's a shame, the singleplayer itself was good (I think Outcast was better) but MP was also good fun, but I guess it's probably too much for a port rather than something like a remake.
PC version had bot support out of the box. The person you replied to made a mistake.

Apr 30, 2019
The og Xbox version definitely had bots. I played it all the time back in the day and sometimes still do. Will this have matchmaking though? I play the backwards compatibility version on Xbox one online with xlink Kai, but it would be awesome for it to have Xbox live support again if they release this version on xbox one.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Anyone have any OT ideas lol. I have a couple from last year but thought I would ask again.