• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Well this looks fucking dire
That wouldn't have been such a bad poll result in January. It's absolutely horrific just a week before the election.
Thankfully, single polls can be treated as outliers. So long as they remain that way. At least this isn't from Nanos or someone reputable.

That one isn't really cryptic, people are going to be pissed about those cuts (if they actually hear about it).
Why would they hear about it? The Conservative mainstream press sure won't talk about them.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Voted today after work.

GF accidentally voted for libertarian instead of liberal because she didn't read the ballot twice, so we had a good laugh about that one.

My riding is squarely liberal so not too concerned about her errant ballot.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Ah. Ok. Makes me feel a little better anyway. Election season is always so depressing in Saskatchewan. Nothing but Con support out here.

Thankfully I managed to change my riding from my shit hometown in rural sask to my current location in Saskatoon pretty easily. If I had to vote in my hometown I may as well have just wiped my ass with the ballot. Would have been more useful that way. At least there's a chance it might do some good now.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
If the Conservatives measures are so unpopular in Ontario, why are there 40+ projected seats for the Conservatives there? Coupled with the Ford fatigue, if there is any. A sad state of affair.

Still haven't received my voter's card, I'm starting to get worried. Had some issues with my mail recently and thought it was sorted out.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Friday evening of a long weekend too

I'm surprised they even bothered releasing one, Ford didn't and he won big
It's then telling that the biggest benefactors of identity politics are those who most bitched about it. Conservatives here in Ontario released nothing and won on vague promises instead of hard platforms.

If the Conservatives measures are so unpopular in Ontario, why are there 40+ projected seats for the Conservatives there? Coupled with the Ford fatigue, if there is any. A sad state of affair.

Still haven't received my voter's card, I'm starting to get worried. Had some issues with my mail recently and thought it was sorted out.
Yeah, you should have had that by now. Follow up with the government soon so you won't be screwed come election day.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Unfortunately there is alot of conservative support north of Toronto. My riding always votes heavily conservative sadly.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
You don't need it. Look up on the Elections Canada site where you're supposed to vote and bring whatever valid ID the site lists and go. If you don't vote it's because you're being lazy.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
You don't need it. Look up on the Elections Canada site where you're supposed to vote and bring whatever valid ID the site lists and go. If you don't vote it's because you're being lazy.

I've never not voted in my adult life, you can kindly fuck off with your last phrase. Just never not received my voters card before.

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
horrifying! the ndp is full of stupid idea like reopening the negotiation of the new nafta(cusma? usmca? t-mec?)or canceling tmx which would see china sue the shit out of us

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Turns out my neighbor somehow received my voter's card! Had to go buy groceries, so went to vote by anticipation before.

Let's see how it goes.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like maybe there is NDP enthusiasm but.. the actual results won't show it. Not enough for them to prop up a Liberal minority alone, anyway. It'll be a tough election.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I think we're looking at a conservative minority. With the vote split between the ndp and liberals and bloc and liberals. They no longer have a plurality.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
It's hard to say - but I increasingly feel like a result similar to 1972 is just more and more and more likely - a Trudeau minority where the Liberals and CPC have near identical results but the NDP props them up for two or three years. The DART poll honestly isn't very credible, but those Nanos numbers aren't bad, and if the CPC craters in the 905 because of their awful platform reveal, I think a Liberal minority is incredibly plausible. But who knows.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think we're looking at a conservative minority. With the vote split between the ndp and liberals and bloc and liberals. They no longer have a plurality.
Yeah prolly. A problwm with Scheer is that he doesn't really seem like someone we should be scared of with everything going on south of the border. I imagine it will take a few terms, before people finally get their shit together and stop splitting the vote.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Fuck Trudeau for not getting rid of FPTP, if the country goes back to the Conservatives, its all on him.

Yeah totally - once again a lot of people love trying to blame the NDP for the possible results but if last election was *actually* the last election with FPTP this wouldn't even be slightly frightening, which is entirely on the Liberals for their arrogance.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Hard to imagine that, for all his faults, Trudeau is not Ignatieff, and the Liberals are way better off than they were back then. It basically took a decade of the Liberals sucking for that to happen. To be honest I question how much the increase in NDP vote so far will even help them, they're still far from the others everywhere.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017

This would create chaos in our lab since we've spent over a year re-aligning our business model to treat it as a taxable commodity. I can imagine it being true in other departments.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah prolly. A problwm with Scheer is that he doesn't really seem like someone we should be scared of with everything going on south of the border. I imagine it will take a few terms, before people finally get their shit together and stop splitting the vote.

Scheer is just as bad as anything down south. He's just better at hiding it.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Scheer is just as bad as anything down south. He's just better at hiding it.

Yah, why are people downplaying a scheer government. He has ACTUAL ties to oil companies, his campaign manager founded the rebel (and would be part of the PMO if forming government), is a social conservative and will lead to 58 billion dollars in cuts. He's the Mitch McConnell of Canada.

Are kidding me?? Are there more sources on this?

Haven't found another source. It was an interview on CTV.

KyouG

Oct 26, 2017
Got our early voting done. The location was a pain to find after Google Maps lead us astray~

Oct 27, 2017
Cannabis is one of the few things I wouldn't worry about with the conservatives. Those wishy washy statements are aimed at the older crowd, but it would be a practical nightmare to re-criminalize it.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
It's a practical nightmare to recriminalize/remove a lot of things (abortions, same sex marriage, etc) but the conservatives do and will try with all their crooked hearts.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017

The rule is that regardless of whoever gets the plurality of votes, the incumbent government (ie. the Liberals) have the right to form government, so there's no possible way to get a Conservative Minority unless the Liberals give up and can't make a deal with the NDP, Greens or Bloc. (Hope that the Bloc do poorly enough that they don't need to be involved).

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
The Conservative cut heavy platform is very bad for cities... You like public transit? Don't vote Conservative. (of course no one that uses public transit was gonna vote Conservative but still)

Status
Not open for further replies.