• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to argue by hyperbole, but if for example they found out he raped someone, the correct thing to do.is dump him and report it to police. To hell with the election.
Kinsella is retweeting Spider-Man gifs, is that something someone doing something in good faith would do about something as serious as sexual assault?

It's a smear.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Some of y'all need to take a deep breath. You should wait until a verified news source reports something before jumping to conclusions.

Has the situation in the US, and around the world, taught us nothing?

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Unlike ignorant, embarrassing racist photos, something like this would've been in the news.

They do that for nobodies, they would especially do it with the son of a former PM.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Should be an enlightening national discussion. Sexual laws surrounding young men/women do need a little bit of hashing out.
Especially if we're considering giving them the vote.
These are adult decisions.
Staggered responsibilities as people grow into adulthood.
Debate is coming, if true.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Should be an enlightening national discussion. Sexual laws surrounding young men/women do need a little bit of hashing out.

No, there is no debate when it comes to teachers sleeping with students. End of discussion.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
That's a big allegation.

Certainly a step up about him being Fidel Castro's son (which was the dumbest thing ever).

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
No, there is no debate when it comes to teachers sleeping with students. End of discussion.
Haha, seriously, what the fuck?

Now everyone please stop giving attention to random lies from nobody twitter accounts! Like I said earlier, this was only teased early so that the speculation would get heated and some would come out thinking it was the truth.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Haha, seriously, what the fuck?

Now everyone please stop giving attention to random lies from nobody twitter accounts! Like I said earlier, this was only teased early so that the speculation would get heated and some would come out thinking it was the truth.
It's the Facebook effect. It doesn't matter the source or veracity of the information, it's out there now so it must be discussed!

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
The kind of accusation that whether true or not, people are going to keep it bringing up for the rest of forever. If it's false (and I hope it is) that is an incredibly devious and damaging rumour.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
if it's the story of the 17 year old they are reporting. Why not just drop it right now? when has teasing a story ever met expectations or exceeded them?

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't even known Kinsella existed lol

It was about a month ago it was being discussed that Elizabeth May contracted him to set up part of her war room. May said he was told to shove off months ago.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea Im not believing some alt right dude on twitter on this. Something like this would be reported on ASAP if the story was ready to go.

Oct 27, 2017

What you're saying sounds very creepy. First off, it's okay for teenagers to have sex with other teenagers. Second, them having sex with adults is different because it is very easy to manipulate teens, and thus is wrong. Third, a person in a position of power over a teenager is even worse, because they can exert that power to sleep with them. In fact, that is why it is legal in most provinces for a 16-year or 17-year old to sleep with someone who is 20 or 21, but if that person is a teacher it is now a criminal offense. There is no debate coming on this, regardless of what Trudeau may or may not have done.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The really smart thing would be for the Liberal party to react to the mere mention of any of this and get something out ahead of the story, assuming it has any legs whatsoever and they have any idea what this is about.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
there wasn't any rumblings or teases about blackface prior to the Time article was there? you would think people would tease that as that was an actual bad story.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
If that is false, then this election cycle has seriously damaged a lot of our bullshit radar.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
What you're saying sounds very creepy. First off, it's okay for teenagers to have sex with other teenagers. Second, them having sex with adults is different because it is very easy to manipulate teens, and thus is wrong. Third, a person in a position of power over a teenager is even worse, because they can exert that power to sleep with them. In fact, that is why it is legal in most provinces for a 16-year or 17-year old to sleep with someone who is 20 or 21, but if that person is a teacher it is now a criminal offense. There is no debate coming on this, regardless of what Trudeau may or may not have done.
And that's all going to be talked about. Not here, out there...

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I just cannot fathom why, if this potential allegation is true, nothing was investigated or charged at the time. And if so, how has it not been talked about before this point.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
If this is false, I want to see the LPC start filing libels and defamation suits.

There's already been a bunch of bullshit that should warrant investigation from Elections Canada.

This would be the latest one on the pile if it's nothing.

My guess is if they're prehyping it it's nothing.

Oct 27, 2017
I just cannot fathom why, if this potential allegation is true, nothing was investigated or charged at the time. And if so, how has it not been talked about before this point.

Assuming it's true (and that it was consensual), then this sort of thing gets swept under the rug all of the time. It's just coming out this week for example that James Franco ran an acting school a few years ago that had a class on sex scenes, and he used it to sleep with the students. Sure it was consensual, but he was using his power as a movie start to promise them future roles if they slept with him (similar to Harvey Weinstein). That's wrong, but people with powerful connections get away with this stuff forever. So if it's true, it's easy to see how Trudeau could have made it go away (agreement with girl/family/school, etc).

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017

You would think someone would have talked back then or there would be more rumblings or rumours o something no? Considering who his father is? Wouldn't someone want to stick it to JT back then? maybe this me just hoping the story is just some stupid story.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Yeah that's what I said after SNC broke and yet here we are with brownface Trudeau leading in seat projections.
It's JT, we all know he ain't a racist.

That dude is among the most pro-immigrant politicians we've seen and has been for years; we know where he stands on that front.

A sexual allegation, especially involving the power imbalance of a teacher-student relationship, is significantly more sinister.

Status
Not open for further replies.