• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Bold, strong, committed and clear stance.
Even if a person doesn't agree at least they know where they stand as a political party in that unlikely minority scenario.
It would be nice if this happened so we can get over the whole "elections are expensive" thing that people keep bringing up as a reason to let minority governments govern even without a mandate. Of course, neither of the two parties would want to trigger an election after a defeat anyway, so it's moot.

Also, I can't remember - as long as you have a quorum when a vote starts, it doesn't actually matter how many people actually vote? That seemed to be what happened with Johnson's early election vote, so I assume the same is true here and either the LPC or CPC can just abstain from all confidence votes to avoid triggering an election.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Of all the reasons to hate this, why does taxpayer money matter? Particularly when we're doing things like spending billions on pipelines?
because why the fuck spend billions of dollars on elections right after spending billions of dollars on elections? Like sorry you like morons to toss your money around for no good reason, some of us rather that money go help people that need it, or to services. Also, as a staunch NDP supporter, you should know elections are worst on the lower income earners in society society who are least heard mostly due to inability to actually vote (yes legally people are to get time from their company but if you think it's as easy as saying that for some and then asking for it again shortly after, you live in a fantasy world where everything works perfectly). Good luck voting twice in quick succession if you get that lucky.

I hope so much that her stupid move really backfires and people go to other parties.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
So...fuck the planet?

Of course not. But any substantial differences on the environment level will need to go through the legislative power of a functioning government. Threatening to let the government fall will lead nowhere in term of real solutions. She should rather look at how she could force the government to do real actions instead of letting it fall uselessly.

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 day): hostility against another member and inflammatory point of comparison
May and her 4 MPs are going to save the WORLD!

Man, you are such a piece of crap. Why do you even vote Liberal if you don't want good policies? You're for the carbon tax...but not for taking meaningful action? The carbon tax is spitting in an ocean compared to what needs to be done. If I was the leader of a party that held the balance of power (with 2 MPs or 20 MPs) I would damned well weild that power to attain my policy goals, especially if they involve saving the fucking society we live in.

You're the type who would have argued against fighting Nazi Germany if the Conservatives had been in power because "yeah right because Canada is going to save the world." Grow up. You'd be partying in the streets if Trudeau said what she said, you're so transparent.

EDIT - For everyone else, May is clearly using this threat to get what she wants. She wouldn't bring down the Liberals to have a Conservative government. At the same time, the Liberals would gladly throw her a bone and increase the teeth of climate plans to stay in power with her support. This is obvious. The NDP/CCF did the same thing in the 60s and held the government ransom in order to create universal healthcare. According to some here, that is tantamount to treason for holding it over the Liberals' heads.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
because why the fuck spend billions of dollars on elections right after spending billions of dollars on elections? Like sorry you like morons to toss your money around for no good reason, some of us rather that money go help people that need it, or to services. Also, as a staunch NDP supporter, you should know elections are worst on the lower income earners in society society who are least heard mostly due to inability to actually vote (yes legally people are to get time from their company but if you think it's as easy as saying that for some and then asking for it again shortly after, you live in a fantasy world where everything works perfectly). Good luck voting twice in quick succession if you get that lucky.

I hope so much that her stupid move really backfires and people go to other parties.
The last election, according to this anyway, cost 443 million.

But I mean, this is how Westminster works. I hate the system for many reasons, but triggering the fall of a government (presumably twice, after the other party can't command a majority) is well within the prerogative of a party.

What Johnson is trying to do in the UK is tremendous bullshit. Refusing to prop up a government with your votes? That's literally the reason why opposition parties are there.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Fiscal conservatism over democracy? I disagree.

Nafta2 or whatever it's called is maybe nearing ratification. Read part of what's holding it up has something to do with ensuring a plan for Mexico to secure a highway for shipping. Read the votes are there otherwises. Pelosi schedules the vote anyways.
I would like it to pass. Status quo is status quo though. Not sure many in Canada want to gamble on Scheer's team renegotiating lol. Especially with an incoming Democratic president. Makes way more sense to go Liberal or Green in that picture. Then work on USMCA which is an improvement on Nafta. Would love to see Elizabeth May as leader of the opposition meet Elizabeth Warren as president on a state visit. Maybe Elizabeth II can visit at the same time too!

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017

Nafta2 or whatever it's called is maybe nearing ratification. Read part of what's holding it up has something to do with ensuring a plan for Mexico to secure a highway for shipping. Read the votes are there otherwises. Pelosi schedules the vote anyways.
I would like it to pass. Status quo is status quo though. Not sure many in Canada want to gamble on Scheer's team renegotiating lol. Especially with an incoming Democratic president. Makes way more sense to go Liberal or Green in that picture. Then work on USMCA which is an improvement on Nafta. Would love to see Elizabeth May as leader of the opposition meet Elizabeth Warren. Maybe Elizabeth II can visit at the same time too!
Wait, you're assuming Trump won't win again? lol

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Man, you are such a piece of crap. Why do you even vote Liberal if you don't want good policies? You're for the carbon tax...but not for taking meaningful action? The carbon tax is spitting in an ocean compared to what needs to be done. If I was the leader of a party that held the balance of power (with 2 MPs or 20 MPs) I would damned well weild that power to attain my policy goals, especially if they involve saving the fucking society we live in.

You're the type who would have argued against fighting Nazi Germany if the Conservatives had been in power because "yeah right because Canada is going to save the world." Grow up. You'd be partying in the streets if Trudeau said what she said, you're so transparent.
Actually no, if Trudeau said that, I would have thought that to be the most arrogant overconfident narcissistic thing to say.

My misgivings towards the NDP lies solely on their Quebec wing that panders to Nationalistes.

But outside of that, the NDP are the most compatible at forming a coalition government with and Jagmeet Singh has been the most conciliatory out of the 3rd party leaders

Last edited:

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So...fuck the planet?

To be quite honest, of the three left-leaning parties, the Greens are the ones I trust the least about anything, including the environment. They lack tangible policy positions in several key areas (foreign policy being a big one) and thus do not have a comprehensive plan for this country. Without a comprehensive plan, then having the greatest environmental focus means jack-all.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Visualization. lol.
Truthfully. I love and trust Americans. They'll get this one right.
If not..well...plans change.
In my mind, the Dems will probably nominate Uncle Biden and Trump will cruise to victory again because MAGA.

Just like how it's still likely Boris will win a minority even after revealing himself to be less than human garbage this week because BREXIT MEANS BREXIT.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
The recruoted

I would like it to pass. Status quo is status quo though. Not sure many in Canada want to gamble on Scheer's team renegotiating lol. Especially with an incoming Democratic president. Makes way more sense to go Liberal or Green in that picture. Then work on USMCA which is an improvement on Nafta. Would love to see Elizabeth May as leader of the opposition meet Elizabeth Warren as president on a state visit. Maybe Elizabeth II can visit at the same time too!
I think you have an overly naive view on America politics

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
In my mind, the Dems will probably nominate Uncle Biden and Trump will cruise to victory again because MAGA.

Just like how it's still likely Boris will win a minority even after revealing himself to be less than human garbage this week because BREXIT MEANS BREXIT.

There's some worst case Ontarios to consider no doubt.
The thought of AB/SK trying their own Brexit too is sadder than it is hilarious. But if that's what they want to try we'll cross that bridge. Things remain hopeful.

I'm impressed by our election security so far. Those stupid fake foreign news articles that the right pushes getting shot down so promptly is a good sign.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
So can someone explain to me why BC are supporting the Cons in such a way? I'm guessing Trudeau buying the pipeline has them pissed at him, so they respond with wanting to put the fucking Cons into power. Huh? 😳

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
wait what, isnt BQ supposed to be on the left
This whole Left / Right thing does not apply to Quebec Nationalistes Separatists.

Nationalism in itself is a conservative construct. Quebec's brand of Nationlism is Ethno-nationalism

Bloc claims to be socio- democratic but they embrace province rights right wing talking points

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So can someone explain to me why BC are supporting the Cons in such a way? I'm guessing Trudeau buying the pipeline has them pissed at him, so they respond with wanting to put the fucking Cons into power. Huh? 😳
Trudeau made a massive political miscalculation on that one, eh? Handing a major favour to a province that has an unwavering hatred of the Liberal Party hard-coded into their genes by upsetting a province that's traditionally left-leaning.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Trudeau made a massive political miscalculation on that one, eh? Handing a major favour to a province that has an unwavering hatred of the Liberal Party hard-coded into their genes by upsetting a province that's traditionally left-leaning.
BC is not a ''Left WIng'' Province. Vancouver Island and Downtown Vancouver does not cover the eastern and northern portion of the Province which are basically Alberta Junior

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

Didn't have much choice on that front.

Also:

The Conservative vote in BC hasn't anything to do with the Liberals' pipeline politics (except, I guess, that they didn't just use the army to drive the indigenous protesters out of the way and build the thing already). The BC interior has always been mainly Conservative. Support for the other parties is concentrated in Vancouver, the Lower Mainland, and Vancouver Island.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Mess. lol
Hold strong, Liberals. At least until rightwing fever around the world dies down. Too much FUD being caused within the more leftist ranks to end well.

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
another day another twitter bot attack this time it's #TrudeauCorruption which completely failed to gain any sort of relevance lol

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Mess. lol
Hold strong, Liberals. At least until rightwing fever around the world dies down. Too much FUD being caused within the more leftist ranks to end well.

It's not going to go down until the dark money behind it is cut off.

Well, May wanted to start playing dirty...

As per the replies maybe that's what Warren Kinsella does in his spare time.

Bold, strong, committed and clear stance.
Even if a person doesn't agree at least they know where they stand as a political party in that unlikely minority scenario.

That's just autocracy and extortion, I had my fill of that with Harper.

She can express her views without holding the nation hostage to her vague pie in the sky environmental plan.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017

Lol no, like many have stated already, eastern BC is not the GVRD or Victoria. Also barely anyone lives in eastern BC. :P

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
This poll is a bit inconsistent with other polls. Not just BC but even with the couple minor announcements with the Greens and NDP it's a big difference with other polls. Add it as usual, don't get excited unless there was big things going on to support it.

Map of the last election. Island looks to be going Green. South East will probably stay NDP. Northwest doesn't seem likely to go Con. Southcentral is going to be close. Okanagan-Similkameen was almost flipped to Liberal last time.
Nafta and pipeline starting would make a huge positive difference for the Libs on holding and gaining seats.
o-BC-ELECTION-MAP-2015-570.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.