• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see it anywhere on the CBC website.

The headline is still "Biden widens lead in Pennsylvania and Georgia, inches closer to U.S. presidency"

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't fucking know why they haven't called anything yet. It's not engaging or fun or worth whatever views they might be getting.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I don't fucking know why they haven't called anything yet. It's not engaging or fun or worth whatever views they might be getting.

Partially to keep people watching and racking up ad revenue and ratings, partially out of caution because we're in uncharted territory here when the president is shitting all over what remains of democratic process while at the same time shitting all over the press while a non-insignificant number of Americans agree with him. Hes done more in the past 4 years to dehumanize the opposition while ratcheting them up at the same time. People have already tried to do crazy ass shit specifically because of the shit hes said.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ironic. Trump wanted interference from Putin's folks, they got it from poutine's folks instead.

syth

Oct 25, 2017
This threads a bit quieter so I might ask here...

Why is everyone all " The news have called it"

Why is the media saying what is and isn't a win?

Shouldnt that be decided by some form of official... officialdom that makes this decision?

Red

Oct 26, 2017

Shouldnt that be decided by some form of official... officialdom that makes this decision?
Media outlets project a winner. There are assumptions involved with their projections. Eventually, there will be an official result. That result won't come until legal battles are complete and election boards have completed the requisite recounts.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

In basically every modern election, the American media will project victory based on ballots cast and the composition of remaining ballots. If there's no chance for a particular candidate, the other guy is declared the winner. The official results come later once every vote is actually counted.

Lock message

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't find a source for this outside of just a bit of Twitter buzz talking about it. I'll keep my eye open for information regarding this, and if anything does come up, .Detective., shoot me a PM and I'll open the thread back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.