• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
someone just asked for more details and he said details will go out between now and monday

aka they're making it up
I laid off everyone from my work including myself because it made more sense to shut down, send them on CERB, and then bring them back in three weeks versus keeping them on payroll with nothing to do.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
The NDP has been pushing for a 75% wage subsidy.

The original 10% was absolutely pitiful. It is really good to see the government's collaborative approach to this situation and the constructive criticism from the opposition. If only parliament always worked this way instead of only in wartime situations.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
The NDP has been pushing for a 75% wage subsidy.

The original 10% was absolutely pitiful. It is really good to see the government's collaborative approach to this situation and the constructive criticism from the opposition. If only parliament always worked this way instead of only in wartime situations.

Proportional representation would mean that the non-Con parties have to work together.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Hey, quick question. I posted earlier about an Amazon worker in my building coughing everywhere. Today, I have a slight sore throat and a infrequent dry cough. My lungs/back is also burning whenever I cough. No trouble breathing, no fever, don't feel sick. Is it time to self-isolate/stay home from work?

I also inhaled a lot of Lysol disinfect spray yesterday, cause I'm dumb and didn't use a mask when spraying. Hopefully it's just due to all the Lysol.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, quick question. I posted earlier about an Amazon worker in my building coughing everywhere. Today, I have a slight sore throat and a infrequent dry cough. My lungs/back is also burning whenever I cough. No trouble breathing, no fever, don't feel sick. Is it time to self-isolate/stay home from work?

I also inhaled a lot of Lysol disinfect spray yesterday, cause I'm dumb and didn't use a mask when spraying. Hopefully it's just due to all the Lysol.

Could be the lysol, I felt like ass after spraying a lot of it work for a couple days

Joelington

Sep 13, 2019
Canada
Same here. It's pretty unclear considering we didn't lose our job. Just won't be able to get one.

Did you girls/guys at least made 5K$+ last year? I did (summer internship) and even then I don't know if I can apply since I don't have a current employer and am technically still a student until the end of may.
I was working till October, and then my employer told me that I had to work 5 nights a week, which, as a student, would have been impossible...
Tried to land something else since, but no luck.
Now I probably won't be able to land any work at all till next year.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Premier Legault wants to put something in place to compensate people who still have to work and make less than the 2000$ a month announced by the Federal Government.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I was working till October, and then my employer told me that I had to work 5 nights a week, which, as a student, would have been impossible...
Tried to land something else since, but no luck.
Now I probably won't be able to land any work at all till next year.

It's pretty stressful not knowing what's next for us while having to finish projects/papers for school.

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
So. My employer just reduced all of our salaries by 10%. (Ontario)

Is there anything I can apply to because of this or am I kinda SOL and just have to eat it? Obviously this is a better situation than being let go, but it stings to lose 10% of my salary right now. I don't exactly have a ton of wiggle room with my expenses.
Keep in mind that the new measure (75%) just was announced today. Employers still don't know what the details are. It's is possible your employer will retract if they qualify.
I am an employer (I have 7 employee right now), we still have no details of what it means (caps, what business qualifies for it, etc). If they qualify, most likely you all won't have salary cut.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Just got an amber/emergency alert in Ontario about COVID-19. "All travellers are high risk and are required by law to stay home for 14 days, do not visit stores, friends or family" to paraphrase.

Good to see they're using the system for COVID.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Well it's either parliament does this for us, or we can all go broke and start smashing things like a Canucks Stanley Cup lost.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
My wife hasn't gotten it yet, and we are in the same room in Ontario. I wonder why.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I work in the Health sector. Why do I get nothing + become potentially exposed to the virus? I get it, we chose. Still, floating a $2-3 hourly raise and seeing overtime go from 1.5x to 2x your wage does not seem worth it (these measures have yet to be added btw). I already consider myself underpaid at around $20/hour. And others have it even worse. Give us the recognition we need, not just nurses/doctors/etc.

Edit: I wanted to add the $2K/month is almost what I make after taxes. So people will be better off not working than me. My problem isn't with the emergency fund. They should make it universal so essential employees aren't forgotten.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Keep in mind that the new measure (75%) just was announced today. Employers still don't know what the details are. It's is possible your employer will retract if they qualify.
I am an employer (I have 7 employee right now), we still have no details of what it means (caps, what business qualifies for it, etc). If they qualify, most likely you all won't have salary cut.

I sure hope so!

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
I work in the Health sector. Why do I get nothing + become potentially exposed to the virus? I get it, we chose. Still, floating a $2-3 hourly raise and seeing overtime go from 1.5x to 2x your wage does not seem worth it (these measures have yet to be added btw). I already consider myself underpaid at around $20/hour. And others have it even worse. Give us the recognition we need, not just nurses/doctors/etc.

Edit: I wanted to add the $2K/month is almost what I make after taxes. So people will be better off not working than me. My problem isn't with the emergency fund. They should make it universal so essential employees aren't forgotten.

I've been thinking this too, my wife gets payed 1,800 or so a month for working and I'm getting 2,000 for not working? Their should be an "Essential Workers Benefit" that gives them an extra 500 or so, or money to the business to give to them.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting spammed with messages about this too. Four or so in the past hour.

This is an awful use for the system. It's important information for sure, but having this emergency alarm going off over and over for a PSA doesn't seem right. Though I suppose it would be a way to get it through some people's heads if they've somehow not noticed that they're supposed to self quarantine after traveling.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm getting spammed with messages about this too. Four or so in the past hour.

This is an awful use for the system. It's important information for sure, but having this emergency alarm going off over and over for a PSA doesn't seem right.

only got one in en and one in fr, whats your reception like where you are, perhaps it's pinging multiple times as a result?

And uh, on the contrary, this is the best use of the system to date.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
only got one in en and one in fr, whats your reception like where you are, perhaps it's pinging multiple times as a result?

Or likely that they did not acknowledge/clear the alert from the lock screen or messenger app properly, hence it still displays.

Also agreed, the usage was brilliant.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, you're right. I take that back. It's important, and at least it's going off during the day.

I think I'm just on edge and hearing four of these going off in succession is making me feel worse.

Last edited:

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Juste Heard that they are planning on closing Montreal. Should be announced in a few hours

samyy

Oct 25, 2017
Are people still ordering take out? Feels like nothing is safe, especially the grocery store. My trip to the grocery store earlier this week was a nightmare because literally no one gave a crap about keeping distance at all. Also runners are the fucking worst, will brush right by you.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Are people still ordering take out? Feels like nothing is safe, especially the grocery store. My trip to the grocery store earlier this week was a nightmare because literally no one gave a crap about keeping distance at all. Also runners are the fucking worst, will brush right by you.
I am. Feels more safe than going to grocery right now, especially with the no-contact deliveries.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017

I know what you mean. Costco was the worse offender despite their measures.

I've order pizza for dinner. Someone mentioned to blast the pizza box in a hot oven just to scorch the outside.

Dunno how effective it is.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017

The $2000 is taxable. $500/week gross is less than minimum wage. They are not better off than you financially.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
London Ontario just implemented a call line to report people gathering in groups.

Any other time, I'd be like "Wow fuck that, acab" but... It's needed right now.