• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
I used to be a soda fiend but I've since switched to sparkling water and have gotten used to the taste. It's been really easy keeping stock of it too.

Haha on the soda. And water is indeed the best drink ever.

I mainly stick to water, with the occasional type of fruit juice.

My vice is one can of Arizona Green Tea a week. Especially chilled. So good but because the can is so large, I stick to one to treat myself. They are easy to buy in bulk, but since Trump did that stupid nonsense on aluminum type metals, the price rose to $1.29 each for a 680 ML can, versus the old $ 0.99 written on the front.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone knows why I got a 256$ check from the government of Canada?
I did not apply for anything. I'm still working full time (part of essential services, but not low wage).

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just dont tell them its your birthday at Moose Winooskis.

And I've never had Nandos. But their garlic bread is better than Jack Astors?

Yes. It's the best restaurant garlic bread I've had, at least the one here in London.

Moose Winooski's for wings? I don't know, but I'll try it out one day. I usually get the steak and baked potato when I go there.

I enjoy Morty's wings in Waterloo since they're pretty massive, but you can't beat Popeye's.

I'm usually a ribs guy when I go there, but shortly before all the isolation happened, I found myself in Kitchener and decided to try something different.

I got the ribs n wings platter (oh yeah, so different.. lol), and opted for the sea salt and pepper, and holy hell was it good.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
During this pandemic, or even before, what is everyone's go to beverage of choice? Can be either alcoholic or in my case since I don't drink alcohol, something else. And have you been able to stock up properly on it.

Water and Sapporo (when I'm doing Zoom parties with cousins and friends)

Oh and Oat Milk because I need to get my 1000mg of calcium daily (got brittle bones)

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Just remember, all these personal sacrifices are not in vain, Leeness.

We will all get a chance to visit places like Stanley Park in Vancouver one day again.

Thank you for sharing!

😭

P.S: The Best KFC chicken is always Korean Fried Chicken, in various Toronto locations.

Oh I know. It's just nice to see :) I'm glad we're doing it! 💪

Oct 25, 2017
During this pandemic, or even before, what is everyone's go to beverage of choice? Can be either alcoholic or in my case since I don't drink alcohol, something else. And have you been able to stock up properly on it.

Natural wines, bubly [or sodastream basic carbonated water], green tea, and 33 acres pilsner.

I had quite drinking and smoking prior to this pandemic, but now I'm all "what's the point".

*shrug

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man what the hell, this is really scary, Nick Cordero had his leg amputated because of complications from Covid. Complications from the coma I think?? They induced coma when brought to ICU... causing a blood clot in his leg............ can someone explain what they seem so rushed to put people in comas for fuck's sake....

Obviously the doctors knew better and I know nothing, but this is really fucking scary. Now I'm scared to go to the hospital if I get the virus because they seem so trigger happy on intubating you and putting you in a coma in which anything more than a few days becomes dangerous, you might not even come back whole when they wake you up.

This is horrible, now you gotta weigh your options in between going to the hospital when things start to get bad or waiting until the last possible moment and then going to the hospital which might mean you've gone too late and they have to intubate you and put you in a coma.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017

Been getting into the Coke Zero energy drinks. Disliked them at first but they grew on me massively

Oct 27, 2017
In Victoria there is Chimac, Thunderbird chicken, Chicken on the run and chicken 649. All are damn fantastic.

I've been ordering from Thunderbird and Chimac and I hope they are still doing ok through this. I only just discovered that Chimac has lunch specials and they come with mixed fries (potatoes, yams and onion rings). Mm deep fried things.

I wish I had a chance to try Nandos but it went away before I had a chance, it smelled amazing. Swiss Chalet is... well it's not like I've never gone there, but it's a place to go for a slightly sad meal in nostalgic surroundings full of old people.

Market on Yates is where I grab a montreal spice rotisserie chicken if I want one. M O I S T L Y.

Beverage wise, I am drinking water, coffee, ribena, and chipping away at my pandemic stockpiles of gin and bourbon very occasionally.

And for the shooter in NS, that's horrifying. More than 10 dead? And the shooter was a denturist according to the CBC article. I'm alarmed about the article mentioning people were finding police cars on fire. What on earth. It doesn't sound very spontaneous if this person had all this stuff to mask himself as a law enforcement person.

Also wtf is this a common way to decorate your denture clinic? To me this looks really messed up but maybe it's a regional difference:

atlantic-denture-clinic-in-dartmouth.JPG

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017

For the moment, we're hitting the Good Stuff but keeping it simple. Suntory Toki whiskey mixed with club soda.

Although we're getting kind'a low on this min-cans of the club soda, so we'll probably have to venture out to buy more at some point.

TheTrinity

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't trust myself with a clipper. But if things start getting desperate, I may reconsider.

To circle back to hair, I got one of the last clippers available that I could find a month ago. I've landed on just doing an overall same length clip, 10mm. I like it enough that I'll probably just keep doing this for the foreseeable future. Save some decent money on haircuts.

Goddamn I love my landlord. Was just talking to him about something unrelated (he was checking up on me) and he told me to just not worry about rent for the next two months. I told him I could still pay rent just fine and he was like "that's great, so save up if some weird shit goes down. Seriously, just not accepting rent for you for the next two months."

Like damn.

On the other hand we have our landlord. We're moving out at the end of the money and they're taking the opportunity to "renovate" (just replacing kitchen appliances and repainting the walls). I was waiting to see it relisted and it went up a couple days ago. For a $500 increase over what we're paying.
I can't really believe that they expect to rent a 2bdrm in the middle of a pandemic for $3350. Seems ludicrous.

Anyway, you can tell why we're moving out of the Vancouver area lol.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Not a part of the hot topic of the moment in here, but this made me a little teary!

www.vancouverisawesome.com

Watch this haunting video showing how empty Vancouver is right now

The eerie but heartwarming footage shows how Vancouverites are coming together while staying apart

I haven't lived in Vancouver for over a decade but even I know that shot of the seawall is incredibly impressive. Late April? Should be friggin' packed with people. Good job Vancouverites!

Man what the hell, this is really scary, Nick Cordero had his leg amputated because of complications from Covid. Complications from the coma I think?? They induced coma when brought to ICU... causing a blood clot in his leg............ can someone explain what they seem so rushed to put people in comas for fuck's sake....

Obviously the doctors knew better and I know nothing, but this is really fucking scary. Now I'm scared to go to the hospital if I get the virus because they seem so trigger happy on intubating you and putting you in a coma in which anything more than a few days becomes dangerous, you might not even come back whole when they wake you up.

This is horrible, now you gotta weigh your options in between going to the hospital when things start to get bad or waiting until the last possible moment and then going to the hospital which might mean you've gone too late and they have to intubate you and put you in a coma.

Worth noting, he was taken to hospital in Los Angeles, not Canada, and thus doesn't necessarily represent medical practice anywhere outside of that area. But also I know nothing about the complications he suffered and it's entirely possible they were unique to his case. I would not take one high-profile case as a template for what you should expect if you ever get sick enough from COVID-19 to have to go to a hospital.

EDIT: Reading more about his case, he was originally diagnosed with pneumonia in early April, and since he was induced due to his breathing issues, it sounds like his case is pretty severe.

Also, to address your last sentence (and as a general reminder), there are a number of ways you can figure out if you need to go to the hospital or not. The federal government maintains a list of local health authorities and an online self-assessment tool. You can use the tool at any time to get a sense of whether your symptoms are likely to be caused by COVID-19, and calling hotlines set up by your local health authority can give you more personalized feedback. You hopefully should not have to worry about making the decision to go to a hospital alone.

Last edited:

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Worth noting, he was taken to hospital in Los Angeles, not Canada, and thus doesn't necessarily represent medical practice anywhere outside of that area. But also I know nothing about the complications he suffered and it's entirely possible they were unique to his case. I would not take one high-profile case as a template for what you should expect if you ever get sick enough from COVID-19 to have to go to a hospital.
Yea, and nothing against our doctors, they're still the best qualified people to make these decisions.
But it's FUCKING scary out there, the stress they deal with, they haven't really encountered something like this before, I can see how things CAN slip through the cracks, put the wrong person on intubator, etc...

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
I am happy to see that we have a lot of cultured folks in here with quality essential eating choices.

👍

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
You guys need to come to MEAT if you're ever in Edmonton.

Who am I kidding? Who comes to Edmonton ; _ ;

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Quebec's update will be delayed to 1:30PM

Not sure if that means the numbers on the INSPQ website will be updated later, but there it is.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario may have hit it's peak?
www.thestar.com

COVID-19 cases have peaked in broader community in Ontario, model projections suggest; Ford says province ‘can’t jump ahead’ despite latest update

668 more cases for biggest single day jump in Ontario, along with 47 additional deaths; 74 cases confirmed at Willowdale Welcome Centre; Germany takes steps to reopen economy

I hope so. Major increases seem to come from LTC institutions. Community spread seems to be leveling off. Still weeks away until we can do a slow roll out.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So we're probably going to surpass 1000 deaths in Quebec tomorrow. :( So many lives stolen by this virus, and that's just one province in one month.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
So we're probably going to surpass 1000 deaths in Quebec tomorrow. :( So many lives stolen by this virus, and that's just one province in one month.

Yeah, that mental treshold will be hard. So many old people dying it's insane.

Montreal's recent numbers alone are not that far from the entire province of Ontario. and in total numbers too!

Montreal is currently sitting at almost 9k by itself. Even worse if you add the greater Montreal area.

Deleted member 51608

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 4, 2019
But there are so many places, I like a few of them

I heard Ottawa has amazing shawarma though

And Pho, in the early 2010's especially there was pho EVERYWHERE. Still is plentiful to. But for real a few years ago (dunno if it's still the case) there were more Shawarma places in Ottawa then Toronto. Not per capita, literally more of them. They are everywhere.

And according to my friends that have settled abroad (Europe, east and west coast provinces, USA) and come back to Ottawa every Christmas, Ottawa's mainstream pizza has its own distinct style, nothing crazy different like a New York or Chicago deeps dish, but noticeable. My Lebanese friend says because of the Lebanese population owning so many pizza joints the crust is super good (love Lebanese the cheese pie shops). Good thick crust, not to seasoned sauce and lots and lots of cheese. Think Colonnade, Milano's, Gabriel's, Lorenzo's, plus most places have Toum style garlic dipping sauce. Dunno how true that is, haven't had to much pizza outside of the city.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Swiss Chalet is garbage. St-Hubert (and yes, their coleslaw is the only coleslaw I can eat, anywhere ever lol) has not been the same ever since they got bought by them.

Benny's is the best roasted chicken though. Don't @ me
Benny is the fuckin BOMB. They make an insane poutine thanks to their sauce