• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Whenever I am in Montreal, I like to get chicken meals from a rotisserie place called Cote St-Luc. Their stuff is pretty good.

Also, St. Hubert's coleslaw is legit as hell.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Swiss Chalet is garbage. St-Hubert (and yes, their coleslaw is the only coleslaw I can eat, anywhere ever lol) has not been the same ever since they got bought by them.

Benny's is the best roasted chicken though. Don't @ me

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Swiss Chalet is garbage. St-Hubert (and yes, their coleslaw is the only coleslaw I can eat, anywhere ever lol) has not been the same ever since they got bought by them.

Benny's is the best roasted chicken though. Don't @ me

Where is Benny's? West Island?

Also, I kept expecting St. Hubert's to come back to Ontario after the acquisition. Still waiting :(

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Where is Benny's? West Island?

Also, I kept expecting St. Hubert's to come back to Ontario after the acquisition. Still waiting :(
Longueuil. I don't eat it anymore since I don't live on the South Shore anymore, but I was excited every time we ordered from there as a kid growing up there. The BBQ sauce was the best~

Mar 3, 2018
huh, didn't realize a few of he mods are Canadian or live in Canada....

Lets take over ERA. Our time is now. Maple leaf logo when?

Oct 25, 2017
I had St Hubert in Montreal, I was really surprised how good it was and it made me wish I had gone to one close to my area back when they had stores in Ontario

I missed out on so much good chicken

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
This is how we should stop people who are still breaking quarantine BTW:

They will make you tap out. No chance at winning.

minus_me

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still pretty partial to Chalet BBQ for classic rotisserie, even though my go to these days is Ma Poule Mouillée if i want chicken.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Friend of mine got reduced hours and is earning less than 1000 a month - should they apply to cerb now? Like, they still have a job, just very reduced hours.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What's happening with the non-essential business order in Ontario? Wasn't it supposed to be done by today? Did they extend it?

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Friend of mine got reduced hours and is earning less than 1000 a month - should they apply to cerb now? Like, they still have a job, just very reduced hours.

PM Trudeau announced that CERB was expanded to fit your friend's criteria. As it matches situations for folks in the contract, gig or seasonal economies.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has announced more flexible rules for claiming the Canada emergency response benefit (CERB) in response to critics who pointed out the initial rules excluded too many people, including those working reduced hours.

Seasonal workers and those who have recently run out of employment insurance will now also be eligible for CERB. People who make less than $1,000 a month due to reduced work hours will also qualify.

As examples, Trudeau pointed to volunteer firefighters, contractors who can pick up some shifts, or people working part-time in grocery stores.

He also announced a wage boost for essential workers who make less than $2,500 a month, including those working in long-term care facilities for the elderly.

"We will do whatever we can to help you do your job and support you through this time."

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
PM Trudeau announced that CERB was expanded to fit your friend's criteria. As it matches situations for folks in the contract, gig or seasonal economies.

Awesome, thank you! I remembered reading about this but I thought we were crazy because we were looking at the CERB application website and the options available weren't there. Like it's "regular benefits, sickness benefits" and so on and it doesn't seem like any of those really matches "reduced hours" but I guess they expect that?

Thanks again, really appreciate it.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017

I am contemplating cooking something filling, or just being somewhat lazy and microwaving a snack.

This decision is weighing heavy on me.

😢

Awesome, thank you! I remembered reading about this but I thought we were crazy because we were looking at the CERB application website and the options available weren't there. Like it's "regular benefits, sickness benefits" and so on and it doesn't seem like any of those really matches "reduced hours" but I guess they expect that?

Thanks again, really appreciate it.

No problem! Happy to help.

And best of luck to your friend.

Be safe!

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I had a WTF moment here today on ERA. I generally post Canadian based news, to help keep both our local community aware, and discuss in general with folks of other respective countries. I like to post international news from other countries too.

And someone apparently took exceptionalism(yes I intentionally typed it) to that.

SMH
I'd probably be pretty down if I all I read was US covid/Trump threads. Thanks for the Canada threads.

Yort

Oct 28, 2017
There's a St-Hubert's in Ottawa, but I don't think I've eaten there since the buyout. I'll throw one of their frozen chicken pot pies in the oven sometimes when I'm too lazy to cook.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
There's a St-Hubert's in Ottawa, but I don't think I've eaten there since the buyout. I'll throw one of their frozen chicken pot pies in the oven sometimes when I'm too lazy to cook.

If it's the hunt club and riverside one you're talking about i go there all the time for lunch when at work. St Hubert for life man. Their sandwich is premium as well.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Since i know my contract finish at the end of April, i should wait until i work no more in may before asking for monetary aid?

Mar 3, 2018
Wow, I'm surprised. I thought for sure they were going to try to re-open by May 1st.

Probably going to see things slowly restart in June, but with a lot of restrictions. Other cities around the world are doing similar things starting mid-may onwards. Such as retail being open but no customers inside, you buy online or call and go pickup. Health-sector opening up for more things like elective surgeries etc. This is all only if things continue on a positive path. Trudeau has been pretty adamant that things aren't reopening casually like a lot of people are expecting. You can also be certain at this point schools are done for the year. Daycares is still being debated as far as I am aware. We will have to wait and see.

Since i know my contract finish at the end of April, i should wait until i work no more in may before asking for monetary aid?

Correct, you have to have been out of work/income under $1000 for 14 days when you apply.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
We still talking chicken in here?

nandos no.1 for sure. I even buy the sauce and marinate chicken with it at home

Alastor3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Probably going to see things slowly restart in June, but with a lot of restrictions. Other cities around the world are doing similar things starting mid-may onwards. Such as retail being open but no customers inside, you buy online or call and go pickup. Health-sector opening up for more things like elective surgeries etc. This is all only if things continue on a positive path. Trudeau has been pretty adamant that things aren't reopening casually like a lot of people are expecting. You can also be certain at this point schools are done for the year. Daycares is still being debated as far as I am aware. We will have to wait and see.

Correct, you have to have been out of work/income under $1000 for 14 days when you apply.
For 14 days?? God damn, why do i have that damn part time job contract

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
We honestly shouldn't reopen the Canada/US border for non-essential travel until after their next election.

Mar 3, 2018
For 14 days?? God damn, why do i have that damn part time job contract

If its part-time, maybe you fall under this category and can apply right away, but has to be $1k income or below?

From the CERB website;

When submitting your first claim, you cannot have earned more than $1,000 in employment and/or self-employment income for 14 or more consecutive days within the four-week benefit period of your claim.

Alastor3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If its part-time, maybe you fall under this category and can apply right away, but has to be $1k income or below?

From the CERB website;

When submitting your first claim, you cannot have earned more than $1,000 in employment and/or self-employment income for 14 or more consecutive days within the four-week benefit period of your claim.
The four week benefit period mean the first month of the claim to have the aid? I think it's the "consecutive days" that is bugging me. Since i do 400$ each week and that my last day is the first of May, im guessing since my last paycheck will be the 13th May, that must be what they mean by 14 days

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The four week benefit period mean the first month of the claim to have the aid? I think it's the "consecutive days" that is bugging me. Since i do 400$ each week and that my last day is the first of May, im guessing since my last paycheck will be the 13th May, that must be what they mean by 14 days
So let's say this is your income:
Code:
Wk 1: $600
Wk 2: $600
Wk 3: $400 ---------|   
Wk 4: $400          | Benefit Period 1
Wk 5: $100          |
Wk 6: $100----------|
Wk 7: $200 -> Apply at Start of Week 7 For Period 1
Wk 8: $200 ---------|
Wk 9: $600          | Benefit Period 2
Wk 10: $200         |
Wk 11: $0   --------|
Wk 12: $200 --------| -> Apply at Start of Week 12 For Period 2
Wk 13: $200         | Benefit Period 3
Wk 14: $200         |
Wk 15: $200 --------|
You would not be able to apply until after finishing week 6, when your income has totaled only $1000 (Wk3+4+5+6). That will be your first benefit period (Wk 3-6).
For weeks 7-10 would be your next benefit period under normal circumstances, but you will be ineligible because you've made $1200.
However, you'll be eligible again once you've completed week 11, because you've only made $1000 from weeks 8-11. So basically your second benefit period will shift one week to 8-11 instead.