• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say it's so you can still have food and a roof over your head while we ride this out not so people don't lose one cent of income due to the pandemic.

Anyone who's still employed and bringing money in is lucky.

Unless you know what it's like to have to navigate a pandemic while riding public transit and washing your hands so much sometimes they start to bleed because you want to protect yourself and your customer's whose groceries I'm picking, I'd speak more tacfully about luck.... For example I really don't have a choice in the matter.... I've had near nervous breakdowns... but I still have to go out day in day out, for marginal pay (that I'm lucky I can stretch further than most due to some other privileges I have), I can't take a leave of absence, or take time off.... Every day I go knowing that I am putting my health at risk.... and not for much more than what CERB is giving.

What keeps me going is yes the fact that it means when this is over I have job security, which make no mistake is huge, but it's not an easy time, and going well at least you get to go to work during a pandemic 40 hours a week isn't really hmm constructive.

I'm an essential service, helping keep Canada fed but I'm certain;y not treated as essential, not paid like it.

While the person replied to here is maybe a little bit of a different case as they work from home and such (I missed that).... I think people ought to keep an open mind that aid shouldn't be just for those completely screwed, that part of a healthy system is something broader, and that we're all dealing with things so this level of thinly veiled sneer at folks who ponder if there's aid for them too....

That person wasn't asking to take money from someone with nothing, so the reaction to it was out of line.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if I would qualify for CERB? My main source of income has so far been unaffected, but I have a second job that has shut down with no idea of when it will start again (it requires one-on-one interactions with customers).

My second job normally supplements my regular income by around 10-15%.

You might technically qualify for EI for your second job, but not sure. Usually it's people who two part time jobs where each is like 50% of their income.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Also, while I understand some of the situations some people are in... The "students who weren't working" don't really have any room to complain because they weren't even scheduled to finish their school term yet. Meaning they weren't even going to work or try to get any money until June at the earliest. Maybe once June hits, and then you still can't find a job, you'll have a reason to complain. Until then, you guys are just also just complaining about "free money".
Actually, Students who Graduate in the Winter Semester graduate in exactly 2 weeks. For all students graduating, you will have started looking for jobs and hooking positions up a month ago at the earliest and if you haven't started looking until now, you are at a severe disadvantage in the job market. OSAP and Student Loans only give you enough so that you pretty much will have run out of money the week you graduate. Students have been absolutely fucked by this financially.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
You reapply every 4 weeks (or "cycle") up to a maximum of 4 cycles.
If you received a double payment, it's not clear if you should reapply after 4 weeks or wait 8 weeks though.
but when in the periods can you re apply is the question I'm not getting... so you can apply any time in the second period that is apr 11 to may 9 or do you have to wait. I feel like I'm an idiot.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
but when in the periods can you re apply is the question I'm not getting... so you can apply any time in the second period that is apr 11 to may 9 or do you have to wait. I feel like I'm an idiot.
That I'm not sure either... I'd assume sometime close to the deadline of the next period, but I have no idea. Presumably it's the same conditions, though, so if you still don't have work you'd apply again but... I guess people will know more when the first cycle ends.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, Students who Graduate in the Winter Semester graduate in exactly 2 weeks. For all students graduating, you will have started looking for jobs and hooking positions up a month ago at the earliest and if you haven't started looking until now, you are at a severe disadvantage in the job market. OSAP and Student Loans only give you enough so that you pretty much will have run out of money the week you graduate. Students have been absolutely fucked by this financially.
Just work on a farm 300 kilometres from your house.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Easiest solution would be to allow students / seasonal workers etc who worked the previous year to apply for EI. Also extend existing EI for those losing it for up to 30 days after social isolation is lifted in your area. That gives people something to live off of in the mean time and a month to find employment once things start up again which i think is generous.

Or just lift quarantine so people can go back to work. Half the population seems to have given up on following quarantine guidelines anyway...

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Or just lift quarantine so people can go back to work. Half the population seems to have given up on following quarantine guidelines anyway...

That would literally just fuck over the people doing everything possible not to get this damn virus, like me.

Since the closures I've literally been in down 3 times, for pet supplies mostly. (Cant really stock up on reptile food)

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
That would literally just fuck over the people doing everything possible not to get this damn virus, like me.

Since the closures I've literally been in down 3 times, for pet supplies mostly. (Cant really stock up on reptile food)

I was joking about lifting the quarantine and I'm following guidelines too but so many are not, especially this long weekend. I want to go back to work but can't until quarantine is lifted.

The more everyone self isolates the sooner we can get back to normal. But so many dumb asses potentially fucking everyone over and prolonging this for no reason.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you know what it's like to have to navigate a pandemic while riding public transit and washing your hands so much sometimes they start to bleed because you want to protect yourself and your customer's whose groceries I'm picking, I'd speak more tacfully about luck.... For example I really don't have a choice in the matter.... I've had near nervous breakdowns... but I still have to go out day in day out, for marginal pay (that I'm lucky I can stretch further than most due to some other privileges I have), I can't take a leave of absence, or take time off.... Every day I go knowing that I am putting my health at risk.... and not for much more than what CERB is giving.

What keeps me going is yes the fact that it means when this is over I have job security, which make no mistake is huge, but it's not an easy time, and going well at least you get to go to work during a pandemic 40 hours a week isn't really hmm constructive.

I'm an essential service, helping keep Canada fed but I'm certain;y not treated as essential, not paid like it.

While the person replied to here is maybe a little bit of a different case as they work from home and such (I missed that).... I think people ought to keep an open mind that aid shouldn't be just for those completely screwed, that part of a healthy system is something broader, and that we're all dealing with things so this level of thinly veiled sneer at folks who ponder if there's aid for them too....

That person wasn't asking to take money from someone with nothing, so the reaction to it was out of line.
Why can't you go on leave of absence?
I think at least a few part-time people and even full-time people have decided to take leave during this time out of fear.
I think you probably technically can and you already said you have months of savings just in case somewhere else in the thread.
If this is wrecking your mental health, just do it. Or work part-time for a while only.

I'm in a similar position to you (riding transit, working nights, stocking shelves, and working even more hours probably) but I am not at a point of mental breakdown yet. Take care of yourself and take time off to chill out if you need it!

I think Canada will be relatively ok even if we do have a few waves of infections. It's more the USA that bothers me. Whatever happens there will put pressure on us as peopel try to escape the desperate situations down there.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say it's so you can still have food and a roof over your head while we ride this out not so people don't lose one cent of income due to the pandemic.

Anyone who's still employed and bringing money in is lucky.

Aye. Do not send the money my way. It's the most vulnerable that requires it. We shouldn't advocate helicopter money at this point.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't you go on leave of absence?
I think at least a few part-time people and even full-time people have decided to take leave during this time out of fear.
I think you probably technically can and you already said you have months of savings just in case somewhere else in the thread.
If this is wrecking your mental health, just do it. Or work part-time for a while only.

I'm in a similar position to you (riding transit, working nights, stocking shelves, and working even more hours probably) but I am not at a point of mental breakdown yet. Take care of yourself and take time off to chill out if you need it!

I think Canada will be relatively ok even if we do have a few waves of infections. It's more the USA that bothers me. Whatever happens there will put pressure on us as peopel try to escape the desperate situations down there.

We're short staffed, they're not going to grant long term LOAs right now. It's work or quit... and obviously in that case if I quit I'm just deleting my savings (rather than building them) and moving stressful times from right now to 4-5-6 months down the road.... only then it oculd last for god knows how long as finding a job, and a job I, outside of a pandemic enjoy, would be difficult

Ultimately I just have to keep going, I know that, I just feel the extra 2$/hour while nice isn't what I'd call Essential Service Pay ya know, it's not even enough where I could take an extra day off a week and not see a reduction in my normal non pandemic paycheque. Good news is it ebbs and flows, this past week was a pretty good ok one. Part of why I talk about expanding emergency benefits and shit.... Ultimately I just take issue with what I feel is a downplaying of my situation when i'm called lucky, mostly because I don't have much of a genuine choice in the matter just like everyone else who is in opposite positions. All I'm saying is legit i'd be in a much better place, and feel a lot stronger, if I knew that risking my health right now meant a genuinely decent build in my savings over the next few months.. maybe that's a bit selfish to some, but I think it's a justified desire. Like starting next week every day is going to be the order size of out non pandemic busiest day of the week.... and probably busier, everyday is going to be the 'busy day".

Also I argue for this hazard pay, in the form of UBI or whatever not just for me, but also for those who don't even have the solace of getting to work overnight, and have to instead work during the day surrounded by people, frequently angry, often careless people.

Last edited:

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
We're short staffed, they're not going to grant long term LOAs right now. It's work or quit... and obviously in that case if I quit I'm just deleting my savings (rather than building them) and moving stressful times from right now to 4-5-6 months down the road.... only then it oculd last for god knows how long as finding a job, and a job I, outside of a pandemic enjoy, would be difficult

Ultimately I just have to keep going, I know that, I just feel the extra 2$/hour while nice isn't what I'd call Essential Service Pay ya know, it's not even enough where I could take an extra day off a week and not see a reduction in my normal non pandemic paycheque. Good news is it ebbs and flows, this past week was a pretty good ok one. Part of why I talk about expanding emergency benefits and shit.... Ultimately I just take issue with what I feel is a downplaying of my situation when i'm called lucky, mostly because I don't have much of a genuine choice in the matter just like everyone else who is in opposite positions. All I'm saying is legit i'd be in a much better place, and feel a lot stronger, if I knew that risking my health right now meant a genuinely decent build in my savings over the next few months.. maybe that's a bit selfish to some, but I think it's a justified desire. Like starting next week every day is going to be the order size of out non pandemic busiest day of the week.... and probably busier, everyday is going to be the 'busy day".

Also I argue for this hazard pay, in the form of UBI or whatever not just for me, but also for those who don't even have the solace of getting to work overnight, and have to instead work during the day surrounded by people, frequently angry, often careless people.
Haha, I feel you. We're short-staffed at my workplace too. If I take a day off, we'd be pretty screwed since I am the only person working my department at night regularly, and it's a department barely anyone wants to willingly work even on regular nights (does anyone like working and facing frozen section regularly? rare!) lol.

BUT.. if it were my mental health at stake.. or if I had planned vacation.. goodbye, store!
It'd be the same if I actually did get sick anyway. They'd have to deal and they'd come out the other end anyway. Don't overwork yourself out of a sense of loyalty to the company or coworkers. You'd want them to take time off if they were having panic attacks or getting extra irritable at work too, and the rest of you would just deal or work a few extra hours to catch up.

I think more systems are being put in place now so it won't feel so stressful. Actual security with customer counts, one-way lanes, maybe a shipment of masks for everyone working there eventually.. Though it would be nice if I did get more bonus pay on top of it all.. And sure it's a little greedy to want extra.. but it's okay to be selfish and collect all the hours I can, but I also try to keep my priorities about it straight so I don't end up injuring myself, contracting illness, or burning myself out.

Do you think you can take personal days if you need it? We also have people calling in sick all the time anyway. Sure they might not get paid for that single day, but if you need to call in sick as a mental health sickday every once in a while to get a 3 day weekend and recharge.. ... .. *whispers* do it.

I have a 3 week vacation I planned on taking before everything coming up in July so they better figure out a way to do that without me haha.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I feel you. We're short-staffed at my workplace too. If I take a day off, we'd be pretty screwed since I am the only person working my department at night regularly, and it's a department barely anyone wants to willingly work even on regular nights (does anyone like working and facing frozen section regularly? rare!) lol.

BUT.. if it were my mental health at stake.. or if I had planned vacation.. goodbye, store!
It'd be the same if I actually did get sick anyway. They'd have to deal and they'd come out the other end anyway. Don't overwork yourself out of a sense of loyalty to the company or coworkers. You'd want them to take time off if they were having panic attacks or getting extra irritable at work too, and the rest of you would just deal or work a few extra hours to catch up.

I think more systems are being put in place now so it won't feel so stressful. Actual security with customer counts, one-way lanes, maybe a shipment of masks for everyone working there eventually.. Though it would be nice if I did get more bonus pay on top of it all.. And sure it's a little greedy to want extra.. but it's okay to be selfish and collect all the hours I can, but I also try to keep my priorities about it straight so I don't end up injuring myself, contracting illness, or burning myself out.

Do you think you can take personal days if you need it? We also have people calling in sick all the time anyway. Sure they might not get paid for that single day, but if you need to call in sick as a mental health sickday every once in a while to get a 3 day weekend and recharge.. ... .. *whispers* do it.

I have a 3 week vacation I planned on taking before everything coming up in July so they better figure out a way to do that without me haha.

I'm an all or nothing mindset type.... an extra day or two here ands there actually will just make me less wanting to keep going than just powering through.

I'm weird like that. Like if I'm going to keep working, I want to maintain my normal pay, not start taking less.... What I have done is basically refused to work overtime heh.... I used to be the one that'd work OT whenever.... now I refuse. So that's my one thing.

But yes I imagine a mental health day they wouldn't begrudge me... though we're about to hit cray busy so I'dprobably talk it over with my co-worker who is in the same boat as me because I don't want her to be fucked over.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017

It sounds like UBI is not going to help you. You might want to take some time off or adjusted schedule. Trust me I'm still making my same salary and I still hate going into work and i make over 2 grand per pay cheque.

We went from 80 people in the lab to just a skeleton crew of 10 per day. I have to go in because I'm the few people who are trained to do certain tasks. I'm considered essential.

What you're going through are the same anxiety attacks i've been going through. Trust me. A bigger pay cheque is not going to bring any solace. Talk to your manager to see if they can accommodate your needs. I'm sure they can adjust.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like UBI is not going to help you. You might want to take some time off or adjusted schedule. Trust me I'm still making my same salary and I still hate going into work and i make over 2 grand per pay cheque.

We went from 80 people in the lab to just a skeleton crew of 10 per day. I have to go in because I'm the few people who are trained to do certain tasks. I'm considered essential.

What you're going through are the same anxiety attacks i've been going through. Trust me. A bigger pay cheque is not going to bring any solace. Talk to your manager to see if they can accommodate your needs. I'm sure they can adjust.

You make in a paycheck what I make in a month

Trust me UBI would help me.

I'm not going to take on less money. That will not help me.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
You make what I make in a month

Trust me UBI would help me.

For fiscal 2019 I made 101k. But I was acting supervisor for a whole quarter.

No it won't. I'm going through exactly what you're going through and the money doesn't help. Unless you're living pay cheque to pay cheque, it's not going to placate the anxiety attacks you're describing. I see all the tell tale signs. The resentment of going into work. The paranoia of working with other people.

What would you do with that extra money to make you not resentful for going into work? Are you having a tough time paying rent? Are you having tough time buying food? What would that extra money do for you? There are people who make more money than you and are already exercising work refusals. Maybe talk to your co-workers and see if you can work something out with management.

Trust me. I'm making way too much money for what I do and it's not helping me cope with this at all. It doesn't get any easier.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
For fiscal 2019 I made 101k. But I was acting supervisor for a whole quarter.

No it won't. I'm going through exactly what you're going through and the money doesn't help. Unless you're living pay cheque to pay cheque, it's not going to placate the anxiety attacks you're describing. I see all the tell tale signs. The resentment of going into work. The paranoia of working with other people.

What would you do with that extra money to make you not resentful for going into work? Are you having a tough time paying rent? Are you having tough time buying food? What would that extra money do for you? There are people who make more money than you and are already exercising work refusals. Maybe talk to your co-workers and see if you can work something out with management.

Trust me. I'm making way too much money for what I do and it's not helping me cope with this at all. It doesn't get any easier.

Bluntly you can afford to cut back.

If i cut back I go from saving a bit of money every month to living paycheck to paycheck.

UBI btw would allow me to actually do what you're suggesting

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Bluntly you can afford to cut back.

If i cut back I go from saving a bit of money every month to living paycheck to paycheck.

UBI btw would allow me to actually do what you're suggesting

You think I haven't cut back? You think I haven't made donations to local charities? The fact that you can save a bit is WORLDS ahead of the people that actually lost their jobs. You're just being selfish to be blunt.

Fine, everyone gets UBI. But guess what. The taxable income went from 2000$ a month to 1000$ (yah, I grabbed that from thin air but do you think the government can maintain 2000/month/person for everyone?) a month to accommodate for the fact that the government has to pay every 18+ year old in the country, including myself. My take home income comes at the expense of someone elses ability to pay rent AND food. How does that help my mother, who is on OAS? She wouldn't see any of it. And if they replaced it, she would have to go through the process of signing up for a benefit that would take time to process.

Look, we all want extra compensation. But you know what. I'd take a pay cut if it meant I didn't have to go to work and just work from home. There are people with the same pay as me who get to babysit their kids all day at home. And you're telling me to cut back?

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
You think I haven't cut back? You think I haven't made donations to local charities? The fact that you can save a bit is WORLDS ahead of the people that actually lost their jobs. You're just being selfish to be blunt.

Fine, everyone gets UBI. But guess what. The taxable income went from 2000$ a month to 1000$ (yah, I grabbed that from thin air but do you think the government can maintain 2000/month/person for everyone?) a month to accommodate for the fact that the government has to pay every 18+ year old in the country, including myself. My take home income comes at the expense of someone elses ability to pay rent AND food. How does that help my mother, who is on OAS? She wouldn't see any of it. And if they replaced it, she would have to go through the process of signing up for a benefit that would take time to process.

Look, we all want extra compensation. But you know what. I'd take a pay cut if it meant I didn't have to go to work and just work from home. There are people with the same pay as me who get to babysit their kids all day at home. And you're telling me to cut back?

I'm telling you to cut back? You're the one telling me to reduce my schedule work less, that UBI won't help me I just need to not work as much.

"I'd take a paycut to stay home".... yeah because you make a good salary... i can't take a paycut, so I can't stay home. I can't cut my hours. You take a paycut to work from home... and you'd still me making more than I do. So maybe you don't know what would help me, and maybe you should stop shitting on me because we're not even remotely in the same financial situation.

But hey thanks for making me feel shitty and pissed off during my precious time off.

Preaching at me, telling me not saving a bit of money is no big thing while you make what I do in a month in one paycheck. Telling me to take time off from your I made 100k last year high horse.You were telling me to take time off and that I don't need savings

That UBI wouldn't help me

You tell me to cut my hours back and give up any chance of not living paycheck to paycheck and when I say that actually UBI would allow me to cut back a bit during this stressful time... you call me selfish

I make next to nothing a year dude. 1 extra day off means I'm not putting anything into savings.

Preaching at me for being selfish and telling me to just work less while making basically 4 times what I do.

You told me to cut back then you get huffy because I tell you you can afford it but i can't.

You're middle class dude

I'm just a lucky person who has amazing family support so I'm able to stretch my money into savings if... if I work fulltime.

But please judge me again and tell me how a financial safety net won't help me.

Last edited:

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Hey thanks for making me feel shitty and pissed off during my time off.

Preaching at me, telling me not saving a bit of money is no big thing while you make what I do in a month in one paycheck. Telling me to take time off from your I made 100k last year high horse.You were telling me to take time off and that I don't need savings

That UBI wouldn't help me

You tell me to cut my hours back and give up any chance of not living paycheck to paycheck and when I say that actually UBI would allow me to cut back a bit during this stressful time... you call me selfish

I make next to nothing a year dude. 1 extra day off means I'm not putting anything into savings.

Preaching at me for being selfish and telling me to just work less while making basically 4 timez what I do.

You told me to cut back then you get huffy because I tell you you can afford it but i can't.

You're middle class dude

I'm just a lucky person who has amazing family support so I'm able to stretch my money into savings if... if I work fulltime.

But please judge me again and tell me how a financial safety net won't help me.

Look man, I'm just trying to help. You seem stressed and I can tell you're going through panic attacks, but more money for you when you can make rent and food is not going to make things easier. I'm saying to think of the other people that lost their jobs. Not people who want danger pay. Which is something totally different.

You think you're the only one having it hard? Everyone is.

I was being transparent with my salary to tell you that it's not helping me with the anxiety attacks. I'd love to take a pay cut if it means i get to work or stay at home.

Last edited:

SixPointEight

Oct 28, 2017
I think our collective efforts are working so far. Keep it up and stay home.

"That is a surprise": Doctors still waiting for feared surge of COVID-19 patients in Canadian ICUs
nationalpost.com

"That is a surprise": Doctors still waiting for feared surge of COVID-19 patients in Canadian ICUs

Doctors, nurses and other staff who run the nation’s intensive-care units have feared for their own safety, too, amid shortages of protective equipment

of course I only saw the worst of takes from this on twitter.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
of course I only saw the worst of takes from this on twitter.

Ugh, sometimes I like to read the comments to punish myself.

All said I think we're doing ok as a nation. Still concerned with the numbers in Ontario. Have we peaked?

At least our daily new cases haven't gone up. Time to bend that down!

I have a feeling we may get a spike after this long weekend. I noticed more cars in the driveway next to me so I think they're having easter dinner...

Last edited:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Look man, I'm just trying to help. You seem stressed and I can tell you're going through panic attacks, but more money for you when you can make rent and food is not going to make things easier. I'm saying to think of the other people that lost their jobs. Not people who want danger pay. Which is something totally different.

You think you have it hard? Tell that to the millions who applied for EI and CERB in the past few weeks. A taxable 2000/month doesn't make it easier for them.

Your idea of helping is talk shit about me and tell me to drop my hours, live pay check to paycheck, because who needs savings.

You're not helping you're being outright snobbish, elitist. Preaching at me from you 101k a year salary that I don't need anything beyond rent or food.

Trying to make me out to be some societal leech by constantly comparing my situation to those who I'd never claim are better off than me... all while you're clearly far more financially stable than I'll ever be. 101k a year and you're telling me a little bit of extra savings (which again would allow me to work less as you've so charitably told me to do) isn't going to help me so just give up on saving anything and take time off... of course down the road if I fell on troubled financial times you'd probably judge me for not having been financially smart and saved money.

Your advice is literally just live paycheck to paycheck and work less

That's your advice and you can say that because you make in a paycheck what I make in a freaking month

But yes obviously I think I'm the only one who has it hard... obviously

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Your idea of helping is talk shit about me and tell me to drop my hours, live pay check to paycheck, because who needs savings.

You're not helping you're being outright snobbish, elitist. Preaching at me from you 101k a year salary that I don't need anything beyond rent or food.

Trying to make me out to be some societal leech by constantly comparing my situation to those who I'd never claim are better off than me... all while you're clearly far more financially stable than I'll ever be. 101k a year and you're telling me a little bit of extra savings (which again would allow me to work less as you've so charitably told me to do) isn't going to help me so just give up on saving anything and take time off... of course down the road if I fell on troubled financial times you'd probably judge me for not having been financially smart and saved money.

Your advice is literally just live paycheck to paycheck and work less

That's your advice and you can say that because you make in a paycheck what I make in a freaking month

So it's a money thing to you? Is that what this is about? Cause this thread is about dealing with a viral pandemic. I can't help you with your income. No one can. I'm just saying there are people out there that have lost their jobs. Lets take care of them first?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
So it's a money thing to you? Is that what this is about? Cause this thread is about dealing with a viral pandemic. I can't help you with your income. No one can. I'm just saying there are people out there that have lost their jobs. Lets take care of them first?

You're absolutely unbelievable you know that.

Are you honestly trolling?

This is about me be stressed out about having to travel and work during a pandemic and feeling underpaid and underappreciated for doing so.

The entirety of your advice is just work less and when I tell you I can't afford to do that... you accuse me of caring only about money and being selfish.

zoboomafoo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stop it, seriously. You're not the "rational and balanced" person you think you're being right now.

Mar 3, 2018
yeah, I guess y'all were right; people will hate on anything. I just learned that there's people upset at Ford for being unprofessional due to wearing a T-shirt to the press conference.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, I guess y'all were right; people will hate on anything. I just learned that there's people upset at Ford for being unprofessional due to wearing a T-shirt to the press conference.

The guy is still an idiot but not for wearing a t-shirt. The testing rate is still too low and no one seems to be asking why. It' can't be just the nasal swabs. Why did it take so long to expand the criteria? He's still done a relatively good job though for everything else. Especiall working with the pm. He's going through a tough task ahead. Even though 20-20...

Followup to the NP article. This is what it looks like when hospitals are flooded. From NY.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Someone I know got tested yesterday afternoon and had their negative result back by 9am today, it's good that the turnaround time is that fast compared to a couple weeks ago

They are in Toronto

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you know what it's like to have to navigate a pandemic while riding public transit and washing your hands so much sometimes they start to bleed because you want to protect yourself and your customer's whose groceries I'm picking, I'd speak more tacfully about luck.... For example I really don't have a choice in the matter.... I've had near nervous breakdowns... but I still have to go out day in day out, for marginal pay (that I'm lucky I can stretch further than most due to some other privileges I have), I can't take a leave of absence, or take time off.... Every day I go knowing that I am putting my health at risk.... and not for much more than what CERB is giving

I've read you write about your situation before and I am truly sorry what you're going through.

I was only referring to the government's priority right now in getting aid out so people can eat etc, there's obviously tons of cracks as they try to accomodate everyone.

There should be some form of government legislated hazard pay for frontline essential staff.

I mean stores are price gouging on toilet paper and other essentials and nothing is on sale. Any profits during this time should be distributed among all frontline staff such as yourself.

No one should be posting record profits at a time like this.

The guy is still an idiot but not for wearing a t-shirt. The testing rate is still too low and no one seems to be asking why. It' can't be just the nasal swabs. Why did it take so long to expand the criteria? He's still done a relatively good job though for everything else. Especiall working with the pm. He's going through a tough task ahead. Even though 20-20...

He's refusing to test long term care homes for seniors and recently deregulated them so they can hire even more unqualified people.

He's a sack of shit running a PR campaign, nothing more.

Imagine how Ontario would fare if he made his planned healthcare cuts.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
He's refusing to test long term care homes for seniors and recently deregulated them so they can hire even more unqualified people.

He's a sack of shit running a PR campaign, nothing more.

Imagine how Ontario would fare if he made his planned healthcare cuts.

Oh definitely, I haven't forgotten who he is. He was the one telling people to go out and have fun for spring break before walking that back. The guy is a fuck up and I haven't bought his new perspective.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I've read you write about your situation before and I am truly sorry what you're going through.

I was only referring to the government's priority right now in getting aid out so people can eat etc, there's obviously tons of cracks as they try to accomodate everyone.

There should be some form of government legislated hazard pay for frontline essential staff.

I mean stores are price gouging on toilet paper and other essentials and nothing is on sale. Any profits during this time should be distributed among all frontline staff such as yourself.

No one should be posting record profits at a time like this.

Thank you <3