• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
CanadaERA COVID-19 Thread | All Non-Essential Posting Is Prohibited | Please Avoid Speaking Moistly

CanadaERA COVID-19 Thread | All Non-Essential Posting Is Prohibited | We're Gonna Be Moistly OK

?

Essential Heritage Moistment Post
Oct 27, 2017
7N5YBcn.jpg

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The clip is over 500k views now. Maybe over 1 million by the afternoon?
Hopefully someone alerts the news about it and a reporter mentions it at the press event tomorrow.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Still no issues at my grocery store for the past 3-4 weeks. I go close to opening hours, don't have to be in the line to enter, everything is stocked up. They're doing great so far, there's always anything I could need. I go on a weekly basis. (Québec City)
Hey im in Québec City too, been really wondering if i should go at opening hour or online shopping but wont know who the fuck touched my stuff VS dont know if i will bump into someone asymptomatic... since im in the higher risk factor :(

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Bless, the guy who made the song is putting it up on iTunes and Spotify, let's make it number 1 on Apple charts Canada, thank you.

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Quick CERB related question for anybody who might know, do you need to do those bi weekly reports that EI requires or does CERB ignore that?

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, did anyone else here apply for the Ontario help for families benefit that pays out 200 per child? It said a minimum of two weeks for funds to be deposited but my wife's friend is saying she got it yesterday. She's a little flighty so I'm thinking she could be conflating it with something else but now my wife is concerned that I did something wrong with the application.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Still no issues at my grocery store for the past 3-4 weeks. I go close to opening hours, don't have to be in the line to enter, everything is stocked up. They're doing great so far, there's always anything I could need. I go on a weekly basis. (Québec City)

I'm in Québec too! Went to the nearest Maxi this morning and I was third in line. I wanted to go to Super C but when I got there at 8h30 there was already 60 people in line so I went home lol.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, did anyone else here apply for the Ontario help for families benefit that pays out 200 per child? It said a minimum of two weeks for funds to be deposited but my wife's friend is saying she got it yesterday. She's a little flighty so I'm thinking she could be conflating it with something else but now my wife is concerned that I did something wrong with the application.

Did you apply for the provincial money for the teachers being on strike a while back? I was told that if you applied for that, you automatically got the new $200 payout. We got ours yesterday and didn't apply specifically for the new $200.

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Did you apply for the provincial money for the teachers being on strike a while back? I was told that if you applied for that, you automatically got the new $200 payout. We got ours yesterday and didn't apply specifically for the new $200.
I did not apply for the other benefit, neither kid is in school. That makes sense though, the friend has kids in school and likely applied for the strike benefit. I really appreciate the info!

curb

Oct 27, 2017
I did not apply for the other benefit, neither kid is in school. That makes sense though, the friend has kids in school and likely applied for the strike benefit. I really appreciate the info!

Ha, sorry for the misread of your post. I didn't catch the friend part but yeah, that's probably it.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Got my CERB bucks the same time as my GST rebate and am relieved to pay all my bills.
Quick CERB related question for anybody who might know, do you need to do those bi weekly reports that EI requires or does CERB ignore that?

Zero reporting. Zero documentation required at all. Pure honor system for now.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

twitter.com

CBC News Alerts on Twitter

“Canada's top health officials say the country is on a short-term trajectory for between 22,580 and 31,850 coronavirus cases by April 16. Under that scenario, 500 to 700 deaths are anticipated.”

twitter.com

CBC News Alerts on Twitter

“Canada's trajectory appears better than many countries, health officials say. And while the country is in an earlier stage than other nations, they say that's allowed us to learn from the experience of others. As a result, the increase is slower, and per-capita testing is higher.”

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got my CERB bucks the same time as my GST rebate and am relieved to pay all my bills.

Zero reporting. Zero documentation required at all. Pure honor system for now.

Ok then my situation is weird as my service canada account says that my report is due and when I went to do it, I was able to report for 3 weeks.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Ok then my situation is weird as my service canada account says that my report is due and when I went to do it, I was able to report for 3 weeks.

I assume you applied for EI and got moved to CERB? Did you receive the extra-sized payment that some EI applicants got?

EI requires you to be looking for a job. CERB assumes you have one already (but aren't working for at least the last 14 days), or will be entirely unable to find one in the climate, and just asks you to re-apply every month as "confirmation" that you meet it's criteria.

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I assume you applied for EI and got moved to CERB?

EI requires you to be looking for a job. CERB assumes you have one already, or will be entirely unable to find one in the climate, and just asks you to re-apply every month as "confirmation" that you meet it's criteria. It's entirely under the honor system right now.

Yeah I got moved to CERB and I did the EI report but I messed up and I need to fix my mistakes by talking to a rep. FML.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I got moved to CERB and I did the EI report but I messed up and I need to fix my mistakes by talking to a rep. FML.

Weird.

I would be surprised if the rep gave you much static though. You report to EI to keep your claim open but now that you are in CERB,. The contents of your report shouldn't matter until you need to reopen your claim.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Here's the link to the federal projections.

Projected deaths are between 11k with stronger measures to over 300k with no measures.

www.ctvnews.ca

PM Trudeau: This will be the new normal, until a vaccine is developed

Under the current public health measures — which officials consider strong — up to 44,000 Canadians could die from COVID-19 in the months ahead. However, federal modelling shows the death rate could skyrocket if efforts stopped.

Federal projections released by Health Canada show that if 2.5 per cent of the population contracts the virus, 11,000 people could die, but if that case count doubles to five per cent, 22,000 deaths are projected over the course of the pandemic.

For example, with no control efforts in place, up to 80 per cent of Canadians could contract the virus. That scenario could result in a summertime peak and more than 300,000 deaths, which is approximately equivalent to the total number of deaths from all causes in Canada each year.

Oct 26, 2017
Here's the link to the federal projections.

Projected deaths are between 11k with stronger measures to over 300k with no measures.

www.ctvnews.ca

PM Trudeau: This will be the new normal, until a vaccine is developed

Under the current public health measures — which officials consider strong — up to 44,000 Canadians could die from COVID-19 in the months ahead. However, federal modelling shows the death rate could skyrocket if efforts stopped.

That social distancing model sure overlaps with 2/3rds of summer :(

Deleted member 25834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not nearly as scary as the numbers without social distancing efforts. It blows my mind that anyone anywhere in the world would ever think that "opening things up" is a smart strategy.
Agreed, although one has to wonder what comes first -- wait for a vaccine or begin strategically opening things up again and establishing a new normal.

I can't imagine we (and the rest of the world) can keep this up for much longer without even further negative impacts to the financial well-being of every individual and business out there.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
New Ontario numbers:

489 new cases.
4097 test performed.
2305 resolved/recovered.
632 hospitalized.
264 in ICU.
215 in ICU on ventilators.
1208 under investigation.
200 deaths on the Ontario website, 215 counted by CBC total.

69 outbreaks across care homes in the provinces (yikes).

I can't find a tally of new deaths today.

COVID‑19

Find COVID‑19 (coronavirus) information and resources for individuals, employees, business owners and employers. Book a vaccine and stay up-to-date with public health advice.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Agreed, although one has to wonder what comes first -- wait for a vaccine or begin strategically opening things up again and establishing a new normal.

I can't imagine we (and the rest of the world) can keep this up for much longer without even further negative impacts to the financial well-being of every individual and business out there.

Things have to stay locked down there isn't an alternative. This idea that it's an either or is just not reality. If things open up sure in the short term the economy rebounds in some sectors but the infection will spread so fast it will be on the news daily and people will be too scared to go to work.

Imposing a controlled lockdown is much more palatable than general strikes and mass sick calls shutting things down. Nevermind Hospitals would be so overrun all the staff would get sick and basically not even function. There would be panic, no one would be working and the devastating headlines would kill the economy. Then... they have to shut things down to the max anyway to get things under control. Long term soft controlled lockdowns are the only solution.

Oct 26, 2017
New Ontario numbers:

489 new cases.
4097 test performed.
2305 resolved/recovered.
632 hospitalized.
264 in ICU.
215 in ICU on ventilators.
1208 under investigation.
200 deaths on the Ontario website, 215 counted by CBC total.

69 outbreaks across care homes in the provinces (yikes).

I can't find a tally of new deaths today.

COVID‑19

Find COVID‑19 (coronavirus) information and resources for individuals, employees, business owners and employers. Book a vaccine and stay up-to-date with public health advice.

The fact that care homes continue to be such a hot spot is so terribly sad.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm scared for my grandparents who all have between 82-90 years old. They're so vulnerable to this. Thankfully, they don't go outside and 3/4 of them live in apartments, but I'm mostly scared for my 90 years old grandfather who lives in a care home. I hope nothing happens to him, his (physical and mental) health is already fragile enough as it is.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
UK here. I'm watching a NY press conference. Am I right in thinking this Cuomo guy knows his shit and is doing the right thing, or is he just another political nightmare?