• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Doing well thanks. It's just really boring driving out there since the streets are deserted. The schedules haven't changed to account for empty streets, so I'm basically crawling through the city at 20km/h. I'm still not too concerned about exposure to COVID-19, there are crews sanitizing the streetcars at the stations during the day now.

It is what is.
Well, at least you're healthy. That's all there needs to be at the moment. I gotta ask whether you've pondered attaching a gopro and do a time lapse capture of an entire day, i.e. camera pointing outward onto the street ahead, to ascertain the current reality of existence within the city on a daily basis...

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Well, at least you're healthy. That's all there needs to be at the moment. I gotta ask whether you've pondered attaching a gopro and do a time lapse capture of an entire day, i.e. camera pointing outward onto the street ahead, to ascertain the current reality of existence within the city on a daily basis...
I've thought about it, don't have a gopro though. And I'm not entirely sure if it's against the rules or not.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
I have no issue with them unless if there's a legit source about it.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Differential Damage in Bacterial Cells by Microwave Radiation on the Basis of Cell Wall Structure

Microwave radiation in Escherichia coli and Bacillus subtilis cell suspensions resulted in a dramatic reduction of the viable counts as well as increases in the amounts of DNA and protein released from the cells according to the increase of the final ...
60 seconds kills a lot of stuff
I imagine virus don't fare any better than bacteria in this case. It's basically being steamed alive.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
+45?!

That's quite the jump from the last 2 days, is it not?

Up from high 20s/low 30s, yeah. We tend to go up and down...there's some active outbreaks happening at a farm and a prison in Kelowna, so I have a feeling that might be a part of it? I'll see if I can find if they mentioned the areas of the cases...

As long as we don't get up near 100 a day again, I think we're doing okay.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Oh crap, I have so many runners and people on bikes in my neighbourhood too...

Avoid people's slipstream.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh crap, I have so many runners and people on bikes in my neighbourhood too...

Avoid people's slipstream.

That horrible feeling when people realize that when someone sneezes, the blast direction for the particles can reach up to 7-8 meters away

😭

EDIT: BTW, I cannot get that song out of my head now. So catchy

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Question, how is everyone for supplies? Much earlier in the thread, there were users in certain pockets(i.e Ottawa) who said they had to hunt around?

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Question, how is everyone for supplies? Much earlier in the thread, there were users in certain pockets(i.e Ottawa) who said they had to hunt around?
I did the largest grocery shop I have ever done today. Not because of hoarding, unless buying three packs of tofu counts. The last few weeks have been the first time that my family (two adults, 3 yr old, 9 month old) are home all of the time for every meal and not picking up food at any point. Hoping that this trip lasts us 10 days or so.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017

91FUuWcX2HL._SY355_.jpg

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017

Still no issues at my grocery store for the past 3-4 weeks. I go close to opening hours, don't have to be in the line to enter, everything is stocked up. They're doing great so far, there's always anything I could need. I go on a weekly basis. (Québec City)

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Oh god I'm going to have that in my head now.

On another note, Caribana is cancelled in Toronto. It usually runs end of July/beginning of August.

Preemptive rip to Canada Day festivities.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
I did the largest grocery shop I have ever done today. Not because of hoarding, unless buying three packs of tofu counts. The last few weeks have been the first time that my family (two adults, 3 yr old, 9 month old) are home all of the time for every meal and not picking up food at any point. Hoping that this trip lasts us 10 days or so.

Still no issues at my grocery store for the past 3-4 weeks. I go close to opening hours, don't have to be in the line to enter, everything is stocked up. They're doing great so far, there's always anything I could need. I go on a weekly basis. (Québec City)

Glad to know you are both doing well.

I've been doing a staycation for the last month or so(helping out my parents), so had the time to make a consistent once a week trip to stock up. Now I typically will only top up on the more perishable of items(i.e. milk, eggs). I either try an early morning run, or late at night. Haven't had any issues so far.

When staycation is over, I will be working from home anyways, so it shouldn't interrupt the grocery schedule thankfully.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Same city and I went last Saturday around noon. There was a line outside(took nearly 20 mins to get in...), but other than that, once you're inside, there was plenty of supplies to get what I needed. Hopefully it stay that way(with shorter lines, but I went a Saturday, so kinda my fault).

What I thought was stupid is that they took the time to put arrows on the floor to make each aisles one way, there even was an employee at the entrance that mentioned it, and yet half the people didn't bother following that.

dietertong

Oct 28, 2017
After logging into MyCRA - I want to view My Service Canada Account to view my ROE - I click access now and get the following error:

Oracle Access Manager: Authentication Failed. Caused by: OAM-5

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Not sure what to do here...