• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Conservatives came in 2nd in both their ridings in 2015,
Conservatives won both those ridings in 2011

those two numbskulls nimrods are going Conservative

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if throwing our existing mechanisms to deal with such systemic issues is "adapting". And there's still no agreement as to their root cause.
On a micro-level, I think our collective response to seniors dying was essentially to install more air conditioners - whether in homes, or in public buildings that we can wheel our seniors into. To me, that just seems like how we've learned to deal with the situation, from those types of micro solutions all the way up to the macro solutions like pipelines and carbon tax credits.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
JWR always seems so overly concerned LOLOLOLOL

Jody-glare-253x300.png

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, my tongue-in-cheek prediction about them joining the CPC might actually be correct? What the hell is happening?

edit: if JWR joins the CPC, how on earth can she square that with her position on the SNC file? The CPC is huuugely into corporate deals and bailouts and such.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Holy shit, my tongue-in-cheek prediction about them joining the CPC might actually be correct? What the hell is happening?

edit: if JWR joins the CPC, how on earth can she square that with her position on the SNC file? The CPC is huuugely into corporate deals and bailouts and such.
There is more to lose than to win by allowing these two nimrods into your party.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
If they join the CPC or make some New Centrist Party then those two are even bigger clowns than I thought.

100%. I know a lot of soft-NDP voters that balk at the idea of giving up their cars. No one likes being talked down to, or given a holier-than-thou speech on our personal choices.

If we want people to switch to transit, there has to be the political will (and urban planning) to make transit more effective and attractive than a personal vehicle. Unfortunately, that doesn't exist in North America outside of a few metro areas.
You've basically described me. The most I am willing to do (and I actually want to) is get a smaller, more efficient truck. No truck at all is not something I'm willing to do.

Our second vehicle is a 4 cylinder and ideally will be electric next time around. We wanted to downsized to one vehicle for a time but transit in our neighbourhood has been "future service" for three years.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
There you go again.

You keep spouting that, but you don't believe it enough to take a ban bet on it.
We do not fulfill ban bets. If you and another user would like to engage in another kind of bet, like an avatar bet, that's fine. But please drop it if other users are not interested. Thanks.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they can tax their buddies in the real estate business if they need the extra revenue. They had no qualms donating money to Ontario Proud.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I was really hoping for NEO Liberal! Further adding to the confusion of political terms.

edit: I mean the Kojima tease alone was better worth my time.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
In other news the only party leader that seems to give a crap about cycling posted this today:

The NDP could really one up the Greens if they include a bold, big cycling plan into their environmental plan. The Greens dropped the ball by not mentioning it (and barely mentioning public transit at all).

Active transportation is of course much more environmentally friendly than keeping our carbon intensive automobile oriented infrastructure the exact same, but simply switching from ICE cars to electric cars. Separated bike lanes are incredibly cheap in infrastructure terms as well so you could do a lot with some program that would simply make $$$ available to cities for the purposes of building AAA separated bike lane networks.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Double Independent. I guess both people lose that bet. lol

I kind of hope both of those seats end up CPC because of vote splitting, because why not.
(and to see the continued rage about how they're traitors lol)

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
anyone who enables the Conservatives is a traitor.

I don't event want Conservatives to win either of those two ridings but these two traitors has made it allot easier to re-gain those seats back into Conservative hands

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
Double Independent. I guess both people lose that bet. lol
No, I made no claim regarding which party they will join, other than that they would not join the Conservatives.

Gutter repeatedly said they will join the Conservatives. But when I called him out on it and asked him if he would be willing to put his posting privileges on the line, since he seems so goddam sure, he chickened out.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
No, I made no claim regarding which party they will join, other than that they would not join the Conservatives.

Gutter repeatedly said they will join the Conservatives. But when I called him out on it and asked him if he would be willing to put his posting privileges on the line, since he seems so goddam sure, he chickened out.
What is wrong with you?
your bet was Qui Gon Jin garbage. (referencing the ridiculous Phantom Menace wager between Qui Gon Jin and Watto)

I was only allowed ONE choice while you left room for all possible choice minus ONE?

GTFO

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
User banned (1 week): continued hostility over a series of posts
What is wrong with you?
your bet was Qui Gon Jin garbage. (referencing the ridiculous Phantom Menace wager between Qui Gon Jin and Watto)

I was only allowed ONE choice while you left room for all possible choice minus ONE?

GTFO

You declared they will join the Conservatives. No, other party, no other course of action, just the Conservatives. You, yourself, gave yourself only ONE choice. That's on you.

You even repeated your claim AFTER I asked if you were willing to put your posting privileges on the line.

But you never had the balls to put your posting privileges where your mouth is.

That's on you.

And this is the last I will say about this as I reckon others are getting sick of our shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.