• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 30, 2018
Party elections are the moat rigged in the entire country.

Let's be honest, People like Del Duca win because they get the most money from donors. The OLP is largely chasing the same pool of donors that Ford is.

Corrupt and out of touch is how they like them. Once a party's appeal to the voters has worn off, the money shifts from blue to red or vice versa. And the cycle repeats.

And people think the NDP has a shot in this province lol. It's hard enough to get a progressive OLP leader.

Yeah it was a foregone conclusion Del Duca would win under this closed system. A shame that the One man one vote thing they tried to implement last year failed. Going over the candidate policies, Kate Graham's looked the best imo, I would've voted for her

unfortunately, I will continue to park my vote with the ONDP then I guess

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
So the US Oil Industry is already asking for a bailout.

I'm surprised that's not happening here yet. I'm sure some execs are at risk of not getting their bonuses this year.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Ugh, so we have a Quebecer in Montreal who had COVID-19 and took public transportation. Turns out, not only did they take public transportation, but they also took the bus line I regularly take and went through the metro stations I go through as well.

They also took public transportation at the same time as me, according to this chart. While it's unlikely I have anything, I'm going to have to go to work tomorrow and let my boss know and see if she wants me to self-quarantine just out of precaution. Apparently the times that match up to me expired yesterday though and I'm not feeling super sick, so that's good at least.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, so we have a Quebecer in Montreal who had COVID-19 and took public transportation. Turns out, not only did they take public transportation, but they also took the bus line I regularly take and went through the metro stations I go through as well.

They also took public transportation at the same time as me, according to this chart. While it's unlikely I have anything, I'm going to have to go to work tomorrow and let my boss know and see if she wants me to self-quarantine just out of precaution. Apparently the times that match up to me expired yesterday though and I'm not feeling super sick, so that's good at least.

So sorry. That is a lot of points of contact. Your risk may still be low. I'm rooting for you all.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Why are you waiting to talk to your boss after you go into work instead of before?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so glad the Conservatives aren't in power right now. They'd probably be on the hoax train with Trump or something.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So JT will announce EI for people that have to self-isolate and money for airlines?

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Update from Info-Sante: I'm all clear to go into work tomorrow but I have to monitor myself for any possible symptoms (i.e. fever, cough or difficulty breathing).

This virus really sucks, by the time someone shows symptoms they've already likely infected other people.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

youarealreadydead.gif

In all seriousness, that really sucks and I hope you'll be OK! I also used the same metro line myself (ulp) a few times, but not the bus one.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
public transit during rush hour is a phobia nightmare

i'm not worried about myself but I am worried about the elderly. i would suck for young healthy people without symptoms community spreading unknowingly via public transit

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Update from Info-Sante: I'm all clear to go into work tomorrow but I have to monitor myself for any possible symptoms (i.e. fever, cough or difficulty breathing).

This virus really sucks, by the time someone shows symptoms they've already likely infected other people.

Hope you'll be alright, stay safe.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Hot Take: We should probably close the US border to all unnecessary travel due to their insane bungling of a response to Covid-19.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I wonder if we will reach the point where Schools are shut down. Since I work at one it will be interesting that is for sure.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Hot Take: We should probably close the US border to all unnecessary travel due to their insane bungling of a response to Covid-19.

Not hot take at all. I've been thinking it for a bit now. At least check everyone coming through.

But we won't because then the US will be ~mad. :(

At least the government is dedicating $1b to this now. It'll probably have to be more eventually...

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017
What is Canada's current testing capabilities? I am assuming this financial package will help increase that? I just don't feel like we are getting a lot of good information and data that will help us with prevention and containment. We got community spreads now and it I feel we need to know where the infected people have been. It will be horrible for business's in those areas for a month but that will be a short term pain.

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada

I work in public transit, my coworkers are starting to get hysteria with all these news stories.

TheTrinity

Oct 25, 2017
We have a trip booked to Hawaii in a month and then we're traveling to Ottawa via the states in the summer. I'm trying to figure out what to do with these trips in regards to the virus. It's really hard to know what to do.

StevieP

Oct 27, 2017
We have a trip booked to Hawaii in a month and then we're traveling to Ottawa via the states in the summer. I'm trying to figure out what to do with these trips in regards to the virus. It's really hard to know what to do.

I also have a trip to Hawaii in a month, so see you there! Lol.

Not going to stop travelling for a virus. My only concern is really isolating myself from visiting my grandma afterwards.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've stopped taking public transit in Vancouver and I just drive everywhere now. Keep my distance from old folks as much as possible. Hand wash often as I can. Life is normal otherwise, just avoiding huge events, but still going to the pub with cousins/friends like normal (just small groups, 3 or 4 people).

Today's question period was a failure apparently...

What happened?

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
I've stopped taking public transit in Vancouver and I just drive everywhere now. Keep my distance from old folks as much as possible. Hand wash often as I can. Life is normal otherwise, just avoiding huge events, but still going to the pub with cousins/friends like normal (just small groups, 3 or 4 people).

What happened?

According to the article, the Conservatives aren't asking good questions during question period, especially when COVID-19 is going around. They didn't even raise a related question until after 30 minutes.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
According to the article, the Conservatives aren't asking good questions during question period, especially when COVID-19 is going around. They didn't even raise a related question until after 30 minutes.

Yup, and the questions they did raise were so inconsequential you could fast forward and not miss anything important.

People donate money to these donkeys.

Speaking of...

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Love that the Cons' first thoughts when looking at a global pandemic is, "how can we use this against the Liberals?" /s no I actually fucking hate it completely. Fuck the Cons.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Shit just got real I guess? Received the work email about being forbidden of going abroad until at least August 31st 2020. Apparently everyone that work in hospitals got the same/will get the same in QC. Hopefully people have good cancellations policies for their trips as this was basically the period to lock in our vacation selection for the summer.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Shit just got real I guess? Received the work email about being forbidden of going abroad until at least August 31st 2020. Apparently everyone that work in hospitals got the same/will get the same in QC. Hopefully people have good cancellations policies for their trips as this was basically the period to lock in our vacation selection for the summer.
I work for the CBSA as a civilian and we haven't gotten any moratorium for travel. I know someone who is going to Florida this Friday. I'm really at odds with people traveling to hot spots like the US. Risk may be low but you're intentional exposing yourself to a potential hazard. Luckily it's end of fiscal and there's typically little business travel around this time.

Oct 25, 2017
This was my thinking at the start of this week. At least start rejecting anybody at the border displaying mild cold or flu symptoms.

Display of symptoms means jack shit with this volatile incubation period.

We just need to close the damn border already.

Personally I'm happy I have an excuse not to travel for market weeks / buying trips this summer [saves me money and isn't necessary just stupid status quo].

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I've had a business trip to Chicago cancelled. They even cancelled a town hall tomorrow.

My boss former employer already has people working from home.

Nothing on our end but it seems inevitable.

Monsieur Paul

Oct 27, 2017
What?! Could you elaborate please?