• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That's a political suicide.

Lets be honest here. It's Alberta. They'll continue to vote Conservative. Worst case scenario they'll retaliate with another term of NDP governance, but after a month they'll forget everything the Conservatives did and act as if the NDP were in charge for the past 30 years making every bad decision that befalls them.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good episode of PnP. Surprisingly very little attack dog partisanship you'd normally get on the show.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Values test? I guess you gotta say Quebec every sentence.

Here's some examples I saw. It's pretty basic stuff, but of course they had to throw some Bill 21 in there :

In Quebec, women and men have the same rights and this equality is written in the law.
• True
• False

Choose the illustration or illustrations that represent the persons who have the rights to marry in Quebec.

• [Illustration of 2 men]
• [Illustration of 2 women and 1 man]
• [Illustration of 2 women]
• [Illustration of 1 man and 1 woman]
• [Illustration of 2 men and 1 woman]

Identify the situation(s) where there is discrimination. Refusing a job for :

• A pregnant woman.
• A person who doesn't have the required diploma.
• A person of ethnic origins.

Since March 27th 2019, under the State Laicity Act, any new policeman cannot wear religious signs in the performance of his duties.

• True
• False

What is the official language of Quebec?

• English
• Spanish
• French
• French and English

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Here's some examples I saw. It's pretty basic stuff, but of course they had to throw some Bill 21 in there :

In Quebec, women and men have the same rights and this equality is written in the law.
• True
• False

Choose the illustration or illustrations that represent the persons who have the rights to marry in Quebec.

• A pregnant woman.

Since March 27th 2019, under the State Laicity Act, any new policeman cannot wear religious signs in the performance of his duties.

• True
• False

• English
• Spanish
• French
• French and English

How effective can this really be (from the govt's perspective) given people will eventually just learn to game the test? From the examples though, this seems more like a Quebec knowledge test as opposed to a values test, like taking your drivers licence test or something. "Values test" implies the test is attempting to confirm if the test taker's values align with Quebec's own. But this is more like "How well do you know Quebec?".

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Legault is a piece of shit trying to pick fights with the Federal Government.

He throwing a bunch of dirt on the wall trying get something rejected on purpose by Ottawa so he can just keep his brand of nationalism going for the next election

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
How effective can this really be (from the govt's perspective) given people will eventually just learn to game the test? From the examples though, this seems more like a Quebec knowledge test as opposed to a values test, like taking your drivers licence test or something. "Values test" implies the test is attempting to confirm if the test taker's values align with Quebec's own. But this is more like "How well do you know Quebec?".

It's not supposed to be effective. It's not really targeted at immigrants, it's to make the pures laines feel better.

SixPointEight

Oct 28, 2017

• True
• False

• A pregnant woman.

• True
• False

• English
• Spanish
• French
• French and English

I'm really curious to see what they think this will accomplish. Is it supposed to filter people? Do they not know that there are literally jobs that coach people through these?

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
You don't even need a coach. It's an online test that you do from your home. It will take 2 seconds to google the list of answers.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017

• True
• False

Vis a vis Bill 21 and its treatment of the hijab I'd be inclined to say False though I'm sure the test reviewers wouldn't look too fondly on having the reality pointed out to them.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Vis a vis Bill 21 and its treatment of the hijab I'd be inclined to say False though I'm sure the test reviewers wouldn't look too fondly on having the reality pointed out to them.

Wouldn't Sikh men be affected the same way as muslim women wearing the hijab? I know, there's a lot more muslim women than sikh men and that bill was most likely made with them in mind, but still...

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
Sikh men would be affected (as would some Sikh women) but on proportion between religiously observant men and women, women are more explicitly singled out and discriminated against by the law.

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
Haha what

How is a girl in a hijab, a guy in a turban, or a guy in a kippa rubbing it in your face?

QC needs to leave these people alone , this is just dumb populism from scrubby Legault
Exactly that guy you quotes is obviously racist and a xenophobic person.
The CAQ is a piece of shit racist party. Fuck Legault and that entire party.
High need of teachers in the province oh lets make a bill(21) that will limit more individuals from entering the profession
Un parti politique de matante et monocle a merde
I really hate these racist baby boomers ignorant petulant white supremacist fucks

Last edited:

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

This is seriously fucked up.

Cant read the article due to the paywall but if Kinsella is involved then this is shit.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
If Kinsella is involved then you know it's shit. A complete sleaze bag

Kinsella's group offered "free" training to an extremist advocacy group called A4A, who are against ABA therapy. They claim to be autistic but most of them are self-diagnosed, and aren't even Canadian. They're basically the anti-vaxxers of autism.

Anyway around spring time these people suddenly began attacking any parents of autistic children(such as myself) in Ontario on social media. My wife fought and blocked around 200 of them, I got a bunch myself. Some people got death threats.

When the Ford "government" created advocacy panels for the autism program, 2 of these A4A people were somehow chosen, along with parents, experts etc.

This whole harrassment was sudden, vicious and coordinated that I remember joking to my wife that this how Ford spends our tax dollars. Seems I wasn't far off.

I'd have never guessed it was Kinsella behind it though.

Everyone seems to feel the heat now lol

CPC MP:

Things are getting tense lol.

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory comparison and xenophobic generalizations

Last edited:

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
We, here, spent 40 days being scared of social conservatism taking over the federal government & yet when they are not-white & wear hijabs & kippas, it's ok.

The Left should be fervently atheist & anti-religious just like we are anti-nazis.
I agree with you if that was the honest motivation but it is not the real motivator behind it all.

but you have to admit that the CAQ's motivations are not about equality but about drumming up identity politics and sticking it to Ottawa.

motive matters and it doesn't make sense for a Pro-Business former businessman to draft policies that make it more difficult for business to hire immigrants during a pénurie de main d'oeuvre.

Looking it at strictly through a businessman's lense, Legault's policies are anti-business

IMO, I think Bonjour-Hi is an ugly greeting and "hi" isn't even the propper formal equivelenat but sening "our" media spend 7 days during a Federal Election talking about Bonjour-Hi is another sticking point of the purpousful posturing the CAQ has been conducting themselves trying to "stick it to the damn anglos!" LOL it's a joke.

Yes, Bonjour-Hi is ugly and sounds dumb but you can't legislate that and hinting about legislating it then backtracking on it shows the CAQ did it on purpose just to drum up identity politics during a Federal Election

Leagault has lots of PQ stink on him for a leader of a new party
---

Quebec's surplusses were gained during the previous Couillad government, former Finance Minister Leitão did all the work. Legault is just running with it and slowly fucking it up like any Right Wing would do.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Left should be fervently atheist & anti-religious just like we are anti-nazis.

.. can't agree. I am as secular as they come but I believe pretty strongly in "reasonable accomodation", which Bill 21 runs afoul of IMO.

basically I think religion is a personal choice and I am cool with whatever you wanna do to practice aside from spreading anti-scientific beliefs or actively infringing on other's rights.

IMO, I think Bonjour-Hi is an ugly greeting and "hi" isn't even the propper formal equivelenat but sening "our" media spend 7 days during a Federal Election talking about Bonjour-Hi is another sticking point of the purpousful posturing the CAQ has been conducting themselves trying to "stick it to the damn anglos!" LOL it's a joke.

Yes, Bonjour-Hi is ugly and sounds dumb but you can't legislate that and hinting about legislating it then backtracking on it shows the CAQ did it on purpose just to drum up identity politics during a Federal Election
I really had no idea anyone had an opinion on the actual aesthetic quality of "bonjour-hi". like that is really news to me. i hear it in places like airports, hotels, B&Bs etc (just as often Bonjour-Hello).

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Hello is the proper formal greeting in English.
Hi is informal and amateurish

But my point is that the CAQ is always doing identity politics garbage which is the cheapest type of politics which is actually contrarian to pro-busineas politics

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018

I admit I would prefer religion to fall into irrelevance, but I'm also a realist over this. It's here for a while and I don't think being anti-religious, meaning going hard on moderate people, will work.

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello is the proper formal greeting in English.
Hi is informal and amateurish

But my point is that the CAQ is always doing identity politics garbage which is the cheapest type of politics which is actually contrarian to pro-busineas politics

well I get that

but... I mean I hear "hi" a dozen times a day, super weird thing to be annoyed by in English Canada

bulbasort

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kinsella's group offered "free" training to an extremist advocacy group called A4A, who are against ABA therapy. They claim to be autistic but most of them are self-diagnosed, and aren't even Canadian. They're basically the anti-vaxxers of autism.

ABA is torturing autistic kids. Listen to autistic people.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018

I agree with this in principle. And even though I believe we should strive to eventually have a society that is as "religion-free" as possible, what people do in their personal life is strictly their choice (as long as it is legal). So we should be careful how it is done.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I'm not a fan of religions because they are socially Conservative and are conservative constructs

But let's not throw the Nazi analogy around loosely

At the same time

Let's recognize that the CAQ is doing bottom shelf politics on identity politics but he's not a Nazi lol.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with him. Separation of church and state, so why are there people trying push religious based ideology down the throats of the populace? I get that there are people who are themselves social conservatives, but understand that as a public servant you're personal beliefs can not be pushed on others, but I don't trust such a person when they align themselves with a party that doesn't care about that distinction.

I'd sooner trust a cobra in not biting me, than a CPC politician. If the circumstances were right, they would do the horrible shit they believe in.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with him. Separation of church and state, so why are there people trying push religious based ideology down the throats of the populace?

This is like the boogie man under the bed. Where is this happening? Nowhere.

Are there kids in Surrey, BC coming home to mom n' dad saying they're gonna convert to Sikhism because their teacher is a Sikh? lmao no of fucking course not.

This is a made up problem to justify actions that people know are obviously discriminatory and wrong.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

Are there kids in Surrey, BC coming home to mom n' dad saying they're gonna convert to Sikhism because their teacher is a Sikh? lmao no of fucking course not.

This is a made up problem to justify actions that people know are obviously discriminatory and wrong.
Pretty sure he's talking about Scheer bruh, and agreeing with Singh

In fact there's a delicious irony in the least conservative, most progressive party leader being the one wearing a (gasp) overt religious garb. Meanwhile snakes like Scheer with no visible signs are the ones trying to push their religious fuckery on us.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017

You misunderstood. I agree with Singh. I don't trust a single social conservative who align themselves with parties like the CPC. Lack of opportunity is the reason they can't pull off the worst of what they want to do, as Harper found out during his first minority government.

Also, I'm talking strictly about political parties and politicians. So I don't know where your school teacher analogy is coming from 😳

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I agree with him. Separation of church and state, so why are there people trying push religious based ideology down the throats of the populace? I get that there are people who are themselves social conservatives, but understand that as a public servant you're personal beliefs can not be pushed on others, but I don't trust such a person when they align themselves with a party that doesn't care about that distinction.

I'd sooner trust a cobra in not biting me, than a CPC politician. If the circumstances were right, they would do the horrible shit they believe in.
this also brings Leagult's argument against himself
Pretty sure he's talking about Scheer bruh, and agreeing with Singh

In fact there's a delicious irony in the least conservative, most progressive party leader being the one wearing a (gasp) overt religious garb. Meanwhile snakes like Scheer with no visible signs are the ones trying to push their religious fuckery on us.
well worded, it`s stunnying isn`t it
Singh wears a turban but is socially progressive, Scheer is a generic guy in a suit but is a social-conservative religious demagogue

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
😓 lol sorry I thought you were referencing the comments from the above poster (that got banned).

But yeah you're exactly right. If we're apparently so on guard with these bad behaviours, why are only some being singled out? Though some credit to QC for largely rejecting Scheer's message.

Relating to Bill 21, If people are so concerned with teachers implanting kids with regressive ideas, there's no guard against that. Some sort of hypothetical shitty atheist misogynist teacher, has awful thoughts but apparently they're ok because they're wearing a baseball cap.

Last edited:

TheTrinity

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, a select few in this thread are as bad as the social conservatives saying that "the gays" are "shoving it down our throats" (phrasing!) by the simple fact of their existence.

How in the hell is anything being shoved down your throat or rubbed in your face by the simple fact of a religious person existing? I'm as atheist as they come and I am hopeful about the eventual decline and irrelevance of religion but I don't give a damn if someone is wearing a cross around their neck or a turban on their head.

As long as they're not using their position to proselytize or something it's all good.

Bill 21 is about bigots not wanting to have to even look at people that are different than them.