• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
So this is top trending on twitter.

I would drop kick her to the throat in front of her kick is I was in the area.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
But he's not a progressive either. In fact, it's hard to say exactly just what his priorities are.

The way he totally dismissed the plights of the various indigenous communities in regards to the pipeline on the CBC election night broadcast was really gross.

You can be critical of different ideologies, but unless you're putting something out there to take the place of them, it's just useless "both sides" fence sitting.
I didn't watch all of his comments on election night, but I'm assuming by saying dismissing the plights of indigenous that is in response to him arguing that the impact assessment and review has been completed, so they need to move forward with actually building it?

Yes he is progressive, he may not be as progressive as some would like but it's his job to fight for the plight of his constituents as well.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
But he's not a progressive either. In fact, it's hard to say exactly just what his priorities are.
And thus the realities of municipal governance. Everything sclucks, nothing gets done because you have to appear diplomatic, or at the very least balanced against everyone. With the consequence for not doing so being that your city is forgotten, isnt given the funds it needs, and you are ultimately kicked out after 10-15 years once the population finally catches on that you exist.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Carles Puigdemont has been officially refused entry in Canada. I don't like this at all. While I understand there are pending charges from Spain against him, refusing him entry is a tacit support of the barbaric repression and human rights breaches going on right now against the Catalan independence movement.

Francois Legault has asked the Federal government for explanations about the situation, as he should. I support him doing further pressure about this.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't watch all of his comments on election night, but I'm assuming by saying dismissing the plights of indigenous that is in response to him arguing that the impact assessment and review has been completed, so they need to move forward with actually building it?

Yes he is progressive, he may not be as progressive as some would like but it's his job to fight for the plight of his constituents as well.
His constituents voted for the UCP too, and this is result of that.

My point is that by trying to play middleman, nothing is being accomplished. IMO he needs to make a stronger statement (and then follow through) what his intentions are, because right now he's painting a picture of a city and province that doesn't exist.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Carles Puigdemont has been officially refused entry in Canada. I don't like this at all. While I understand there are pending charges from Spain against him, refusing him entry is a tacit support of the barbaric repression and human rights breaches going on right now against the Catalan independence movement.

Francois Legault has asked the Federal government for explanations about the situation, as he should. I support him doing further pressure about this.

Legault is showing his seperatists colors by voicing his opinion.

From all the international conflicts in the world like Chile or Lebanon why would Legault voice his opinion more strongly about Catalunya Spain? hmmmmmmm

hmmmmmm

Catalunya should focus their grievances on Spain's law by addessing the EU not Canada.

Oh, fuck Premier Legault!

Spain's constitutional laws is Spain's problem, not Canada's.

--

Has Legault voiced his opinion on Chile where 30 people died and several injured? crickets

there way more Chiliean-Quebecers in Quebecer than Catalan. Chilean community is quite big in Montreal

Last edited:
OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Liberal Party Praise Starring Gutter of the Devil May Vote Franchise [OT] Pierre, Chretien, FPTP is Good Again!
But seriously there is no world in which FPTP doesn't have a far more detrimental effect on society; it leads to less parties on the ballot and even less that aren't already part of a larger party like the CPC, LPC and NDP in Canada not to mention divesity of thought within each party, all of which is besides the larger point: It is not representative democracy if you have individual ridings where a candidate wins with less than 30% of the vote when the other 70% did not have them as their first choice but said candidate still ends up winning when the other 70% is split up between other parties. CGP Grey made a great series on this a while ago that is (sadly) still relevant to this day:

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019

From all the international conflicts in the world like Chile or Lebanon why would Legault voice his opinion more strongly about Catalunya Spain? hmmmmmmm

hmmmmmm

Catalunya should focus their grievances on Spain's law by addessing the EU not Canada.

--

Has Legault voiced his opinion on Chile where 30 people died and several injured? crickets

there way more Chiliean-Quebecers in Quebecer than Catalan. Chilean community is quite big in Montreal
Exactly lol he got excited because a separatist is in trouble
Fuck him and fuck the separatist movement you will never fucking leave Canada god damn old people.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
His constituents voted for the UCP too, and this is result of that.

My point is that by trying to play middleman, nothing is being accomplished. IMO he needs to make a stronger statement (and then follow through) what his intentions are, because right now he's painting a picture of a city and province that doesn't exist.
They also voted NDP prior.

Every politician is a middleman. You don't last long in politics if you're an idealist who is unwilling to negotiate. I'd say he is more qualified to comment on the city and province he represents than a bunch of people on a forum.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
They also voted NDP prior.

Every politician is a middleman. You don't last long in politics if you're an idealist who is unwilling to negotiate. I'd say he is more qualified to comment on the city and province he represents than a bunch of people on a forum.
What is he getting out of these negotiations?

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

LOL a bunch of old white dudes with maybe one not so old

LOL that Kyle Seeback dude ran away from my riding. He was my MP during the Harper years but since there are many religious minorites here, he was asked about the niqab issue (when Harper wanted to get it banned), which he fumbled so badly that he ran so fast that he ended up in a different (i.e. more white) riding.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018

hmmmmmm

--

Exactly lol he got excited because a separatist is in trouble
Fuck him and fuck the separatist movement you will never fucking leave Canada god damn old people.

I wasn't really going to reply, but hey! I'll reply for the fun of it!

So Gutter, to answer your comment about Chile and Lebanon, I'm not really well versed in these conflicts, but I guess we're not talking about Canada refusing entry to any persecuted leaders from these regions because there weren't any similar recent requests?

On the other hand, a persecuted, exiled leader of a movement against which serious human rights breaches are currently being commited asked to be received temporarily in Canada, and has been refused entry directly because of this conflict.

And to address the obvious Quebec independence movement relation to this event, truth be told, I'm not an independentist, but I can understand the arguments of people that are. And above all, I am for democracy and human rights. So even if, for example, the Alberta independence movement really gains momentum (and I don't think it will...), I'll laugh about it, but I'll never deny their rights to have other opinions than mine and to democratically pursue their ideal.

So I do think Canada shouldn't deny Carles Puigdemont entry. And I agree with Legault's decision to ask questions to the Federal about this decision.

Last edited:

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
lmao

The Saudis aren't even paying for the LAVs we sold them.

So not only are we shit at human rights, we are also shit as business too. Great.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't really going to reply, but hey! I'll reply for the fun of it!

So Gutter, to answer your comment about Chile and Lebanon, I'm not really well versed in these conflicts, but I guess we're not talking about Canada refusing entry to any persecuted leaders from these regions because there weren't any similar recent requests?

On the other hand, a persecuted, exiled leader of a movement against which serious human rights breaches are currently being commited asked to be received temporarily in Canada, and has been refused entry directly because of this conflict.

And to address the obvious Quebec independence movement relation to this event, truth be told, I'm not an independentist, but I can understand the arguments of people that are. And above all, I am for democracy and human rights. So even if, for example, the Alberta independence movement really gains momentum (and I don't think it will...), I'll laugh about it, but I'll never deny their rights to have other opinions than mine and to democratically pursue their ideal.

So I do think Canada shouldn't deny Carles Puigdemont entry. And I agree with Legault's decision to ask questions to the Federal about this decision.
You raise some fair points but I raise you an even better one.

#NeverForget

Last edited:

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017

Incredible how it was so important that we needed to sell weapons to war criminals to "save jobs" in who cares, Ontario, and we're not even getting paid. Fucking lol.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Incredible how it was so important that we needed to sell weapons to war criminals to "save jobs" in who cares, Ontario, and we're not even getting paid. Fucking lol.

I mean I care, as much as it's garbage, it's a lot of jobs in my city.

I'm not saying we should continue to send military vehicles to Saudi Arabia(send it to a country that's not going to use them poorly), but it's the city I live in that produces those LAVs.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Francois Legault really needs to go.

LOL. He's there for at least 7 more years. I can't recall a politician having it so easy. He doesn't have a single though decision to make because he can play with the enormous surplus from the previous government. So all he has to do to get 60%+ approval is to come up with petty nationalist BS, which the people are eating up right now.

I can't really think of anything the Legault government has done in the first year except for bill 21 and taking a few schools from an English school board to give them to a French one.
And yet, most people would say that quality of life has gone way up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Shit's weird right now.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I care, as much as it's garbage, it's a lot of jobs in my city.

I'm not saying we should continue to send military vehicles to Saudi Arabia(send it to a country that's not going to use them poorly), but it's the city I live in that produces those LAVs.
That's the point of the federation though, isn't it? We can put those people out of work in the name of the greater good and other Canadians can pick up the slack until the unemployed are trained into new occupations; a small scale version of what will happen to Alberta's economy in the near future.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
That's the point of the federation though, isn't it? We can put those people out of work in the name of the greater good and other Canadians can pick up the slack until the unemployed are trained into new occupations; a small scale version of what will happen to Alberta's economy in the near future.
The city has other venues, it'll survive. But putting those people out of work for a period of time to train them into new occupations doesn't work 1:1 like that. Especially in the small scale.

minus_me

Oct 27, 2017
LOL. He's there for at least 7 more years. I can't recall a politician having it so easy. He doesn't have a single though decision to make because he can play with the enormous surplus from the previous government. So all he has to do to get 60%+ approval is to come up with petty nationalist BS, which the people are eating up right now.

I can't really think of anything the Legault government has done in the first year except for bill 21 and taking a few schools from an English school board to give them to a French one.
And yet, most people would say that quality of life has gone way up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Shit's weird right now.

Well put unfortunately.

Shifty

Oct 28, 2017
I'm from London and we have one of the worst unemployment rates for large cities in Ontario. Kind of shitty to call it "who cares"
If your local economy needs us to sell weapons to war criminals to stay afloat then I don't really care what your unemployment rate is. I don't support tar sand jobs above all else here, and I won't support jobs that require unethical business deals just because they happen to be in Ontario.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If your local economy needs us to sell weapons to war criminals to stay afloat then I don't really care what your unemployment rate is. I don't support tar sand jobs above all else here, and I won't support jobs that require unethical business deals just because they happen to be in Ontario.

Yeah, it's like we had a say in GM and General Dynamics setting up shop in London. Keep going, Shifty.

We also make all the McNuggets here, too. And Nestle Products.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
All the McNuggets you say? Sounds like you've got some of that economic diversity Alberta's trying to avoid.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Boot McNuggets 4lyfe.

I'm still bitter that they discontinued the honey mustard dip though.

In all seriousness, who knew that SA wouldn't pay up in the first place? (Not sarcasm)

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

The Alberta government will ask for rollbacks ranging from two to five per cent when wage arbitration talks for tens of thousands of public sector workers reopen on Thursday.

Talks on three collective agreements affecting teachers, nurses and provincial government employees were put on hold until Oct. 31 after the government passed Bill 9.

The government is allowing arbitration to proceed but is changing its position from no increase in wages to an average two per cent rollback.

Yeesh even Doug isn't trying that.