• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
User Banned (5 days): drive by trolling
Canadians on Era surely like patting themselves on the back.

Canada is like that family in Parasite, they're nice because they can afford it. You got the US (with its military) to the South, Oceans on the West and East and cherrypick your immigrants and refugees.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Canadians on Era surely like patting themselves on the back.

Canada is like that family in Parasite, they're nice because they can afford it. You got the US (with its military) to the South, Oceans on the West and East and cherrypick your immigrants and refugees.
the US has more wealth and more rich people and more money spewing everywhere than Canada.

it's just that Canada decides to put more money into public healthcare while the US doesn't

Oct 30, 2017
Japan
10 days minimum, that's true

I couldn't be happy with just 2 weeks.

I get 5.5 weeks here in the UK (not including public holidays) and this is in a job I just started 2 months ago.

Along with that my employer and many more are fine with flexible working arrangements such as starting and finishing when works best for me, shorter working contracts (80-95%) and working from home 1-2 days a week.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't want to derail this thread with these issues, but just a general blast of why the government right now fucked and Trudeau actions speak louder than his words

GEE HOW DID THAT GO 🙄

for once I wish we could discuss, oh, say any aspect of Canada without this performance art in rummaging for dirt. "Propaganda" indeed. Of course those issues are real and serious. No one says otherwise. Yet every time someone brings up a positive about Canada in a thread you gotta roll out the laundry list to make sure no one gets too uppity.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
GEE HOW DID THAT GO 🙄

for once I wish we could discuss, oh, say any aspect of Canada without this performance art in rummaging for dirt. "Propaganda" indeed. Of course those issues are real and serious. No one says otherwise. Yet every time someone brings up a positive about Canada in a thread you gotta roll out the laundry list to make sure no one gets too uppity.

It's just a good example of that old 'Canadian lobsters in a bucket' joke playing out. XD

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Where in Canada do you live? Somewhere in northern Alberta? Or a rural community?

We are the most multiculturally diverse(and growing) nation of the large G7 countries. And on track to actually become an ethnic visible majority in less than 60-80 years based on immigration growth.

I would really like to know your source because having lived in Quebec for 3 years, it really didn't feel like it.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
you sure love to shit on threads about canada Kurdel it's getting a bit old now

Just like US posters call out blind nationalism and posters aggressively downplaying their own systemic racism, I will keep doing the same!

You should put me on ignore right now if I am annoying you with this, I doubt things are going to gat better anytime soon.

GEE HOW DID THAT GO 🙄

"the laundry list" isn't pertinent in a thread about this being seen as the most trustworthy country?

I even posted a stat of like only 43% of canadians trust their government to show how much this is horseshit, all I get in response is that I am a party pooper who is the unreasonable one lol

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I even posted a stat of like only 43% of canadians trust their government to show how much this is horseshit, all I get in response is that I am a party pooper who is the unreasonable one lol
Of the 43%, is the majority of them people that hate Trudeau, the NDP, and people that aren't white?

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Just like US posters call out blind nationalism and posters aggressively downplaying their own systemic racism, I will keep doing the same!

You should put me on ignore right now if I am annoying you with this, I doubt things are going to gat better anytime soon.

"the laundry list" isn't pertinent in a thread about this being seen as the most trustworthy country?

I mean a lot of what you posted is more like derailment of what the thread is, even you admit it in your message.

Listen, we're not perfect, no country is. That conversation is a conversation that can be had in a thread about it. Your post has taken over this one

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Perfect country does not exist.

Heck, why are some on the Left shitting on Trudeau? Trudeau is the most "Left" leaning Prime Minister since Lester Pearson

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I mean a lot of what you posted is more like derailment of what the thread is, even you admit it in your message.

Listen, we're not perfect, no country is. That conversation is a conversation that can be had in a thread about it. Your post has taken over this one

So the topic of this thread should have only been adressed from a positive angle to fit the false rosy narrative people have of us overseas that ironically lead to this thread topic in the first place?

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Some Indigenous people might prefer if they were supported when they encounter racism in the immediate vicinity rather than used as a convenient placard for someone else's demonstration.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the topic of this thread should have only been adressed from a positive angle to fit the false rosy narrative people have of us overseas that ironically lead to this thread topic in the first place?

no it should be about the study and ranking parameters. Not "has Canada done anything bad ever". You're not fighting some good fight here, you're derailing. All this "well-actually" stuff is irrelevant.

Nov 30, 2017
Sounds like the best country when the coming climate change hell breaks loose.

You really think Canada is going to be some bastion of hope when shit hits the fan? Lol I'm sorry man but to tell you the truth when tons of refugees start entering the borders you will see a complete 180.

This election I witnessed quite a few Indians change their vote to conservatives due to mainly more laxxed immigration laws.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
You really think Canada is going to be some bastion of hope when shit hits the fan? Lol I'm sorry man but to tell you the truth when tons of refugees start entering the borders you will see a complete 180.

This election I witnessed quite a few Indians change their vote to conservatives due to mainly more laxxed immigration laws.

Totally agree with this, no way we don't see fascist fucks getting elected to close the borders to climate refugees in the coming decades.