• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
In Rise of the Tomb Raider there was like a half hour part where the game threw a bunch of undead enemies on me. Playing the doom 2016 soundtrack on spotify made it the most enjoyable half hour of the whole game pumching enemoes on the face with the climbing axe then blasting them with the shotgun.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
REmake 2 is better with the Classic OST than the Remake.

Onimusha HD has a new OST as well. I don't think it's quite as good as the original, even though it's still solid.

Jun 10, 2018
Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn/PC versions) is the example I first think of regarding this question. An otherwise mediocre clunky platformer is made all the more memorable almost entirely because of Jacques OST.

Speaking of Jacques - his work on S&ASRT also elevated a great game into probably my favorite kart racer of all time.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I played Sacred 2 on PS3 using FFXII's soundtrack and it made the exploring more enjoyable than the, imo, worse OST of the actual game. Running around Sacred 2's world with Giza Plains playing on the background made everything just... better.

yes, you can also make a game worse by removing it's music.
as much as i love ys, it would probably just be another generic anime jrpg if it weren't for falcoms fantastic musicians.
The gameplay is still really tight (in most Ys games). Changing/removing music from it wouldn't make it just another generic JRPG. Most (action) JRPGs aren't anywhere near as good combat-wise.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Of course. Music is a key tool games have to form an emotional grip with the player. AS just one example Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game in large part due to the music.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
If I don't like the OST of a game I'll probably just not play it. So yes, you can improve it but also make it much worse.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I just found out my pc sucks at 4K editing so, not as slickly edited as I would've liked.
Spider-Man for the PS4 has a decent soundtrack... It just doesn't always stand out to me that much with its musical clichés and somewhat flavorless "dramatic" tone. I don't really mind it but I also didn't love it.

I figured I'd try something like this: