• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Title.

This is my personal gaming challenge: to clear my console backlog before the theoretical end of the current generation. At about ~30-40 games (including many short indies), it should be doable.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
LOL no

That would require me to have self-control and don't buy any other game for the next two years. And boooy, I do lack self-control

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely not. I haven't even got close to cleaning my previous generation's backlog, and the new consoles have been out for 5 years now. I'm perfectly aware of the fact I have hundreds of games I'll probably never play. Lmao.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I don't know about all that. Finishing before the next gen never happened before.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Probably not, no. Based on what I own alone I'm looking at a backlog that would take me roughly 3000 hours to complete. Aint happening

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
If we talk about discs only, it's theoretically possible, but it would require an 80s-style crash where no new games came out between now and the end of 2020.
If we count digital, lololololol fuck no

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Easily. Only a couple games, not counting PS+ freebies. PC would be harder. Probably 10-15 games there (also not counting freebies). But all were bought cheap, in bundles etc so I don't feel fussed to get to most of them other than the few I really want to play (i.e. ones that were the reason I bought a humble bundle).

I've been much better this year about not building a backlog, other than some small ones each fall in holiday sales that I usually get mosrly cleared out by the following fall.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
Hell no.

I'm trying to finish as many games I can before the new year, but clearing my backlog by then is impossible.

Vibbon

Jan 22, 2018
DFW Area, TX
For me, there's no way in hell. The majority of my backlog is 50+ hour RPGs from the last few years.

I am also very weak-willed and buy new games out of fear of spoilers from my co-workers.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
30% - Red Dead Redemption
25% - Dead Cells
15% - Burnout Paradise: Remastered
12% - OnRush (Online Completion)
5% - Mafia III
2% - Zelda: Breath of the Wild
0% - Horizon: Zero Dawn
0% - Monster Hunter: World
0% - Donkey Kong: Country

Coming soon:
Anthem
Just Cause 4

Hell nah.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I don't buy a bunch of games on console, so yeah, easily. 1 game.

PC wouldn't be possible.

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I have a full time job, so maybe I'll finish five games. It's always nice to dream, though.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You tell me. I have:
Zelda tp
Mario kart 8
Sm4sh
Mario maker
Mario Galaxy
Xenoblade chronicles
Donkey Kong return
Donkey Kong TF
Zelda skyward
Sonic all star racing
Nintendo land
Nsmbu

I finished so far is wind waker and nsmbu, but not 100%. Mario maker I only played the community levels and medium 100 Mario challenge. Mk8 I only managed to finish the 100cc cups. I'm at world 2 in both dkc returns and Mario Galaxy. 1 dungeon on Zelda tp. In smash I unlocked 2 chars. The rest I barely touched.

I need a TV for playing Nintendo land, fix my gamepad for Zelda and Mario maker, and fix my wiimote for skyward sword. What do you guys think?

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Between PS+ games, PSN Sales, and regularly buying newer stuff absolutely not and I'm fine with that.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I'm trying to clear mine by the end of 2019.

Wii U
Bayonetta 2 (probably about halfway done? might start over)
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Woolly World (pretty close to the end)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (VC)
Metroid Prime: Hunters (VC)

PS3
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (will probably restart)
Puppeteer (will probably restart)
Final Fantasy VIII (PS1; will probably restart)
Vagrant Story (PS1; will probably restart)

PS4
Gravity Rush 2 (not started)
No Man's Sky (will probably restart)
Resogun (not started)
Shadow of the Colossus (will probably restart)
The Talos Principle (will probably restart)

Switch
Dark Souls Remastered (just the DLC, Four Kings, and endgame left)
Dead Cells
Fe (pretty close to the end, I think)
Okami HD (about 1/3 through)
Overcooked 2 (not started)
Yooka-Laylee (not started)

I'm holding off on buying anything "extra" beyond my already-planned purchases to make more room to play backlog titles. Currently I'm actively working on Dark Souls, Okami, and Xenoblade Chronicles X, plus Smash, Spyro trilogy, and Assassin's Creed Origins.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
I would need to check what is in my backlog that I actually intend to play and finish. For example, I bought an SNES mini but I do not intend to play and/or finish all of the games.

I should do a list of my backlog 🤔

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hell no!!! The truth is this gen has spoiled me with so many good games that when I'm half way through one another comes out that I have to play. I've only finished a few games and even than I have so much more to do in them e.g. Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War to name a few. Add my addiction to Fortnite and Blackout and it's not looking good lol. Good problem to have I guess.