• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Asian Squat?

• Yes

Votes: 498 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 199 28.6%

• Total voters
Oct 29, 2017
My Achilles tendons are like a fraction of an inch too short but I can squat down easily.

I might be able to do it if I stretch the tendons regularly, it's that close.

Not asian.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Nope. I have poor hip and knee flexibility. Only way I can manage is bringing my feet out much wider.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I understand how it's possible to not be able to do this if you're able-bodied.

And why is it called the Asian squat? Lmfao

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I've spend 5~10 minutes everyday for the past 15 years orso in this position, so yes, easily.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Slav here, what kind of squat magic is this?! This is the least comfortable nonsense I've allowed myself to be tricked into trying. Ouch.
My heels really don't like the idea of touching the ground when I squat.

Does putting your feet together make it more or less difficult for some of you ?
Makes it impossible for me. It almost works if I spread my legs real wide, but then it's more of a Crab Squat.

Oct 25, 2017
dogs-poop.jpg

I'm am HOLLERING!

Nope, I can't do it OP. Not asian

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Lanky white American guy here. Can easily do it.

Funnily enough, my family has made fun of me since I was a child because I always liked to do the "Asian squat." Had no idea it was actually a real thing until reading this thread. It's a comfortable way to sit.

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
Uh I just learned that there are some people that physically can't do this. This is the default standard for squats here didn't even know there are other kinds lol

I'm a fatass Asian dude and I can still manage it....barely.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah,no big deal but i think i'm doing it wrong,i'll try again without shoes.
Even the pic with the proper posture feels like cheating with those shoes imo,her feet are not flat there.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Easily, but I'm asian.

Back in elementary school we had to do this and walk around like a duck for fun or punishment or maybe both.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
I think what a lot of folks miss with this squat is the flat heels on the ground, not on the balls of your feet like the Western squat:

squatting-position.jpg

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Having been doing goblet squats, yes I can. It's pretty comfortable too versus how one would typically squat in the west

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Haha my 3-year old son always does this and his mom and I are always so impressed at his balance. My fat ass can only dream of doing this.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I can do it, but I have to widen my feet apart just a bit from normal. Also it's a lot less comfortable than just going to the balls of my feet. 6', white.

Edit: Not really any wider than that image in the op though.