• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Master Pandemonium was a failed actor who got into a car crash and lost one of his arms. He sold his soul to Mephisto and the sly devil gave him demon arms. Not the arms like a demon, or the arms of a demon. Actual fucking demons that turn into his normal looking arms.

Master-Pandemonium-Avengers-Marvel-Comics-h7.jpg

He also has a hole in his chest shaped like a pentagram that leads to an abyss. So if he time it just right he is bulletproof kinda. Also when he sends the demons out he has no arms so while you being hounded by demons you have an armless dug cackling like a mad man in the corner.

Which leads us to the plot, Wanda wishing for kids for her and Vision subsciously took energy from Wandagore mountion the mystical prison of Cthon(who literally wrote the book of evil) a Demon God with capital letters. Odin wouldn't want beef with this guy.

MP finding out that kids are batteries plot to use them to replace his arms and become all powerful. And you get shit like this

1093325-mp6.jpg

Wonder-Man-gets-a-mouthful.jpg

But it works out in the end.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
...is any of this gonna be in the show? I'll watch it if it's gonna get this weird

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
...is any of this gonna be in the show? I'll watch it if it's gonna get this weird
We can only hope the movies get this ridiculous.

Then they can go into how Wanda's children's souls time travel backward to inhabit the bodies of unrelated people but somehow retain some memories and then they grow up and gain super powers.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Did this dude pop up during Ghost Rider at some point? I feel I remember seeing him during Jason Aaron's run.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
way to spoil wandavision when it just started, jerk

Classybro

Oct 27, 2017
I bought that issue the day it came out from Daves comics in VA thought it was amazing at the time lol

Mugenhunt

Oct 17, 2019
To clarify, it turns out that when Wanda magicked herself pregnant using the leftover magic that a bunch of evil witches were using to try and kill her and Vision, she ended up taking fragments of Mephisto's soul that had been broken off the last time he got defeated. (By Franklin Richards, the practically omnipotent son of Mr. Fantastic and the Invisible Woman.) So those two fragments of Mephisto's soul ended up becoming Wanda's kids.

BUT, because the kids were just magical constructs, they only existed when Wanda was around and paying attention to them. A subplot in West Coast Avengers was that the nannies Wanda hired to watch over the kids while she'd go on missions would freak out because the kids just ceased to exist and then popped back into existence when Mommy Wanda returned, and Wanda would fire the nannies for trying to explain "Your kids vanished!"

This is mostly because John Byrne is a petty man who really really REALLY hated the Scarlet Witch/Vision pairing, feeling that the Vision is just a toaster, and had the Vision disassembled in his first issue, rebuilt without his personality, and turned into a generic android, and had to super reveal that not only were Wanda's kids magical constructs, but they were also THE DEVIL. (Also, characters who previously had been all supportive of Wanda and Vision being married now revealed that they had actually just been trying to be polite, and never cared for it.)

Somehow, with no explanation, years later in "Young Avengers" we discovered that somehow, the FRAGMENTS OF THE DEVIL'S SOUL Wanda inadvertently channeled into becoming her babies were reincarnated as two teenage superheroes, who coincidentally have the powers of her and her brother Pietro, and the same names. They have yet to ever explain this, just sort of glossing over the "No really, Mephisto revealed that they weren't really parts of Master Pandemonium, but part of the FUCKING DEVIL HIMSELF."

I just did a real deep dive into Wanda and Vision's comics history, so it's all fresh in my mind. So much retcons...

Mugenhunt

Oct 17, 2019
So you been down the Whizzer and Ms.America road

Oh, it's glorious.

The few years where they were "Wanda Frank" and "Pietro Frank" are hilarious. Especially as a later letters column explained "Why the hell would a guy named Robert Frank, married to a woman named Madeline, name his son Pietro?!"

But then we get the awkward issue where old man Robert shows up to go "Hey, Wanda, can you help me with my other son, an autistic mutant with super radiation powers that kills everyone?" and she's all "Um, I should probably tell him that we figured out he's not really our dad, but that'd be awkward, so I'll just play along. He's old."

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean Wasp's father was killed by an alien basically made out of fear and Henry Pym stopped almost as many alien invasions solo as he did with the avengers back in the 60's

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
LOL. This thread reminds that the entire West Coast Avengers run is on Marvel Unlimited. I need to get back on that, but have been reading Immortal Hulk.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it's glorious.

The few years where they were "Wanda Frank" and "Pietro Frank" are hilarious. Especially as a later letters column explained "Why the hell would a guy named Robert Frank, married to a woman named Madeline, name his son Pietro?!"

But then we get the awkward issue where old man Robert shows up to go "Hey, Wanda, can you help me with my other son, an autistic mutant with super radiation powers that kills everyone?" and she's all "Um, I should probably tell him that we figured out he's not really our dad, but that'd be awkward, so I'll just play along. He's old."
It is amazing back then how many origins were "Oh my parents happen to be near a nuclear reactor" or "falling into radioactive gunk". My personal favorite "I fell into some radioactive stuff that happen to have a chip from Thor's hammer in it"

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever people talk shit about 90's comics I always fondly remember this Avengers run.
It around the same time Magneto got pissed at Fabian Cortez and yanked him out of jail by his blood from 50 miles away and slam him into a cliff at mach speed

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Wasp's father was killed by an alien basically made out of fear and Henry Pym stopped almost as many alien invasions solo as he did with the avengers back in the 60's
Remember Reed Richard was Indiana Jones before he settled down with Sue.
I miss God tier villian Magneto
Memeber when he flipped the poles. No one could stand near Colossus cause he was attracting all the lightening. Damn near killed Rogue

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is mostly because John Byrne is a petty man who really really REALLY hated the Scarlet Witch/Vision pairing, feeling that the Vision is just a toaster, and had the Vision disassembled in his first issue, rebuilt without his personality, and turned into a generic android, and had to super reveal that not only were Wanda's kids magical constructs, but they were also THE DEVIL. (Also, characters who previously had been all supportive of Wanda and Vision being married now revealed that they had actually just been trying to be polite, and never cared for it.)
Of course it was because the writer at the time didn't like a major aspect of the status quo. Tale as old as time, and why superhero comics are such a spectacular continuity clusterfuck.

But bloody hell, John Byrne must be particularly petty to remove all personality from Vision's character. Like... That is just a gigantic dick move.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
How much does the show take influence from Tom King's run? Cause that's one of my favorite comic book runs ever.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Weren't they reincarnated before they were even born in the first place? Magic is screwy, lol.
Yep!

I blame this on the sliding timescale, though. At the time, enough time in universe had passed for them to have just been straight reincarnations since everyone in Marvel (and DC), unless they're an old character, is barely brushing 40 at the oldest. Them being reincarnated before their birth as an explanation only started to work around 2011 or so.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Weren't them just creations from House of M just like Peter Parker's family? And they happened to stick around after the No More Mutants shit.
Nope.

They were just straight reincarnations of her original children. Only with Marvel's compressed and sliding timeline do the two now make sense as being reincarnated before their first instances were born since Wanda and anyone of her age bracket is sub-35 and both Wiccan and Speed are in the dubious 19-21 age range that will never be defined.