• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So in case you haven't heard, Alabama Amazon employees are soon going to vote on whether or not to unionize and Amazon, presumably in an attempt to prevent further unionizing attempts in other states/prevent this one from happening at all, has been taking to creating bots and other suspiciously new accounts espousing anti-union rhetoric. The results have been...hilariously inept.

This isn't the first time they've resorted to this tactic or something similar, but you'd think a company with as much money to burn as Amazon could at least try harder than this.

Unionize if old. Actually, just unionize in general.

Last edited:

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Yeah, the shocking thing is for the biggest company on earth their social media department reads like its just one middle aged dude in Dalton City. It's been continuous self owns that even the conservative social media sphere wouldn't make. The penny pinching isn't just with their warehouse workers and drivers. All I can think of is somewhere an exec thought they needed to have some of this shit on in the air to try to muddy the waters for when they inevitably have their reckoning in courts.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Lol what's funny and tragic is the real shit that happens behind warehouses is just utter pain and depression. Literally feels like you're in a cage and you're being controlled like robots.

Making rate in an Amazon warehouse is straight hell. They push you to make and exceed your goal until you break down either emotionally, physically, or both.

All this astroturf extra fluff shit is Amazon being the same cruel asshole trying to make itself look good.

Source is me - Amazon warehouse employee for 3 years till I quit.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone made a twitter account for one of the pee bottles yet?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the ones who arent bots are receiving angry phone calls for their managers telling them to stop making amazon sound like such a hellhole of a work place

what a slam dunk for amazon

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
The funniest bit to me is a security engineer reported the main Amazon Twitter account for suspicious activity

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Has anyone made a twitter account for one of the pee bottles yet?
"hi, i'm the amazon piss bottle and i love working at amazon! i used to be a dasani and full of water instead of piss, but ever since i started here at the best company on earth i get a real sense of fulfillment! also, unions are the devil!"

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's so, so sad that in these times, a major strategy that some of the most powerful entities in the world utilize to great effect, is the equivalent of making alt accounts on GameFAQs when you're banned.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
"hi, i'm the amazon piss bottle and i love working at amazon! i used to be a dasani and full of water instead of piss, but ever since i started here at the best company on earth i get a real sense of fulfillment! also, unions are the devil!"

Do it. Someone make a living piss bottle/poop bag satire account.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I know this is silly, but shouldn't this be illegal? Like, if tv commercials have to have warning labels on them, isn't this also advertising and shouldn't it therefore be regulated?

It's almost as if the law hasn't been updated to reflect modern society or something.

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I know this is silly, but shouldn't this be illegal? Like, if tv commercials have to have warning labels on them, isn't this also advertising and shouldn't it therefore be regulated?

It's almost as if the law hasn't been updated to reflect modern society or something.
Almost? It demonstrably has not, and that's why Amazon will get away with such a blatant anti-union tactic like this.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
ECBAvRsX4AEWJ06

ECBAsnNWsAApbNE

ECB1OCrWsAAx-vc

ExrjZUmWUAUViAu

account was taken down pretty quickly after people saw it was basically a mouthpiece bot

edit: and the tweets were made from a 'social media platform', prob who amazon hired

ECDOWzUWsAUADtK

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
So in case you haven't heard, Alabama Amazon employees are soon going to vote on whether or not to unionize and Amazon, presumably in an attempt to prevent further unionizing attempts in other states/prevent this one from happening at all, has been taking to creating bots and other suspiciously new accounts espousing anti-union rhetoric. The results have been...hilariously inept.

This isn't the first time they've resorted to this tactic or something similar, but you'd think a company with as much money to burn as Amazon could at least try harder than this.

Unionize if old. Actually, just unionize in general.

these aren't real Amazon accounts just fyi. parodies.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
The Amazon News twitter account has been hilariously dystopian too. They keep going on about how they are the real Bernie Sanders or some shit because they pay people 15 bucks an hour.

EDIT: Oh wait, that was Dave Clark.

This is great tho:

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like they hired some PR firm to do some social media propaganda.

Doubt the people that matter care very much about getting dunked on by twitter as long as they make 100bn per quarter though.

Amazon has gotten so big employee wise that any regulatory action (breaking it up) is probably out the window unless politicians run with potentially devastating whole communities

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017

HAH! That is great actually - all the detective work. It was Warren that made him ask for that initial ticket and when it got closed he was like "Fine, I'll do it myself." lol
I feel like I could navigate this guys ticketing system with little to no training :-D hilariously familiar but so weird with links to twitter and shit. What a world to work in...

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are union dues even all that expensive, usually? It's strange that the only argument they can come up with is "But you'll have to pay dues!"

cephus

Oct 28, 2017
All the underhanded tactics Amazon is trying to pull shows that these workers are doing something right by trying to unionize. I really, really hope this leads to some meaningful change for Amazon employees, and hell employees everywhere too.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Are union dues even all that expensive, usually? It's strange that the only argument they can come up with is "But you'll have to pay dues!"
When compared to the decline in wages that happens in societies with low union membership, no dues aren't expensive at all

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
No, and certainly not when you factor in the increased pay and benefits that a good union will be able to get.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Depends on how the union negotiates. It is generally based off the income of the members. Some could be paying over 1k a year in dues.

However, what those dues get you generally varies. Some just get you decent job security, some get you a lot more like bonuses, good benefits, good pension, gas allowance, etc. It all depends. Always good to get a breakdown of tangible benefits of the union before accepting a job within one. You don't want to be in a union job where the pension is eh, raises are basically below inflation (as I believe a lot go you only get a raise if the national average quality of living raises a certain %), and they have a lot of empty offices around various cities.

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
I worked at two different warehouses for extra holiday money and it was never bad for me. The Hawthorne location was cool except for that guy who kept winning 4K TVs every week 😕. But it does suck for the drivers. They were constantly in a rush for basically the minimum wage.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Humans could vanish off the face of the earth and bots will still be talking to each other over social media.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love the union dues argument, my union takes $25 out of my paycheck every 2 weeks, my wife is a teacher and pays her union $900 for the year. In exchange we have good health insurance, worker protections and guaranteed raises every year.