• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
The top selling games of the month (on PlayStation) all feature not only PoC but Women of Color

It's getting a bit better out here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
We're seeing progress, but it's too slow for my liking. But in the case of Deathloop, it's an example of diversity both in the game & with the developers, so I'll definitely give credit there.

Oct 25, 2017
Keep it going. At some point the heads at the top will shake the "feeling" PoC leading titles is "unmarketable".

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, it's great. Deathloop's lead character are fantastic top to bottom, it's cool Dinga Bakaba is creative director.

Now make Zelda black

And when someone complains, make Link black. Then make Tingle black too, and Impa, and keep going until people don't even bat an eye at it

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it's great. Deathloop's lead character are fantastic top to bottom, it's cool Dinga Bakaba is creative director.

Now make Zelda black

And when someone complains, make Link black. Then make Tingle black too, and Impa, and keep going until people don't even bat an eye at it
Personally, I'd rather Nintendo make a new IP with a black main cast and do it with a big Zelda-esque budget.

Dec 1, 2020
User Warned: Drive-By; Attempted Thread Derail
Are we just going to ignore how many super hero games have come or are coming?

Spider-Man Remastered/Miles Mores
Avengers
Spider-Man 2
Wolverine
Guardians of the Galaxy

Can we have something else?

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Avengers
Spider-Man 2
Wolverine
Guardians of the Galaxy

Not seeing the diversity with Wolverine, Spiderman 2, or Guardians Of The Galaxy. The protagonists are cishet white men. Or are you making a different point from diversity?

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Avengers
Spider-Man 2
Wolverine
Guardians of the Galaxy

These games aren't even releasing close to each other. It's 1-2 games a year at best. If you're going to complain about a lack of diversity in game genre/type, then maybe you should start going after FPS games?

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
These games aren't even releasing close to each other. It's 1-2 games a year at best. If you're going to complain about a lack of diversity in game genre/type, then maybe you should start going after FPS games?
Oh game genres ok, yeah probably the wrong thread for this.

Cause I was thinking from those superhero games, we've had a Pakistani Muslim American female protagonist and a black American-Puerto Rican male protagonist.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh game genres ok, yeah probably the wrong thread for this.

Cause I was thinking from those superhero games, we've had a Pakistani Muslim American female protagonist and a black American-Puerto Rican male protagonist.
Got it. I think I'm not the only one that misunderstood what you were trying to say. It's a step in the right direction, for sure.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
I think in this regard the industry as a whole has been (slowly) getting better. You see women protagonists much more often now, even in huge games like Horizon Zero Dawn and Gears 5. Still a ways to go until we see parity, but I think we are on the right path