• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds obvious to some, but for others they were hoping for Need For Speed Hot Pursuit remaster or Persona 5 Scramble English version would still eek out before the end of the year. However it seems even smaller indie titles will slip into 2021 at this point. Heck, we still need more info on titles that were already announced for this year.

For reference, the latest we went last year was NFS Heat officially announced in August for 2020.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
I'll hold out hope that Bravely Default II is announced for a December release in an early October "Partner Direct" until the next one comes and kills my dreams.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
I think there's probably a couple games which haven't said a date as they aren't sure they'll be done - but might hit this year.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna say Persona 5 Scramble but Hyrule Warriors 2 being a thing pretty much shut the door on that one unless they make it PS4 only

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Apart from a No More Heroes remaster and maybe a downloadable Ninty thing, probably.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I would have expected a new Camelot Software game for this year (Mario Golf?) but I guess it will be for the next one.

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
For AAA games for sure. Indies tend to get a release date usually a few weeks before release. Im still holding out hope for....

Narita Boy
Silksong
Eastward
Dawnthorn

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Remains to be seen. 😛 There are still about 2 months left until next-gen consoles ship, perhaps there will be some deals made for launch titles and what not. Have quite a few games on my wishlist that have no release dates confirmed yet, for example 12 Minutes and Call of the Sea.

Maybe MS and Sony are also keeping some surprises hidden. I feel like, with 2 months until the launch, we would probably have another showcase for the launch titles for both platforms.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I'd say you got about 2 weeks still for December release games, and those could be bigger titles.

And probably the month of October for indie releases.

Oct 27, 2017
No, we definitely can't. I'm sure there are some indie games, or ports, yet to be announced and I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had an announcement for a December title

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I'm expecting at least one more first party Nintendo release for early December... though if not it'll just be safe to assume something was going to be there and got delayed.

dyne

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
No mention of Gran Turismo 7 release date yet, but I think that's still 2020-planned.

I REALLY hope Bugsnax is still on track for December. Oh-oo-oh

GangWarily

Oct 25, 2017
No mention of Gran Turismo 7 release date yet, but I think that's still 2020-planned.

I REALLY hope Bugsnax is still on track for December. Oh-oo-oh
Yeah Bugsnax is still the one I'm wondering about. The fact that it wasn't on the last PS5 thing despite it being originally announced as a 2020 title scares me.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
You dont fool me OP, this thread is bait for an insider to come here and just say:

"No."

Followed by a lot of people (myself included) quoting said insider with:
👀 👀 👀 👀

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I forgot about Silksong. Even if it happens, would it be for all consoles or just Switch?

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Probably, the only one I could see dropping anything else is Nintendo, since they're crazy like that.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Wouldn't put it past Nintendo to have maybe one more big game for the year hidden away.

But I guess for all your big AAAAAA games then yeah.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Yeah, I guess Hyrule Warriors, Pokemon DLC2, and the Mario Kart AR thing are probably Nintendo's holiday lineup this year. Along with picking up sales from anyone who hasn't gotten the 3D All Stars collection yet.

It's not their best, but considering the circumstances it's honestly more than I was expecting

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
I forgot about Silksong. Even if it happens, would it be for all consoles or just Switch?
Probably just switch given how Nintendo has promoted it.

But I expect Nintendo to announce a game for December next month. No other AAA dev will announce anything for this year

Kaydigi

Apr 25, 2019
Randomly this morning I've given up on Persona Scramble for the switch. How was that game not a worldwide release?

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I'm 90% sure theres an unannounced switch game coming in November, but others have already said they think its smoke in the wind so I won't start stirring shit up in this thread.

But its totally happening