• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Cow Mengde

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
He shouldn't get a portrait hung in the White House. Or if he does, it should be no bigger than 8X11, placed in a crappy dollar store frame, and has to have him posed in front of the "American Carnage" he promised and delivered yesterday. And it should also be hung on the wall behind a toilet.

This would also be fine.

No, but honestly I would be down for stuff like making sure there's no formal portrait of Trump or any other sort of memorialization like that. Make sure he never gets his airport named after him or that the Navy never has a USS Trump.

We still honor the "Confederate Heroes" today.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
That's like Germany asking if they can just forget Hitler existed.

You learn and grow from history, you don't erase it.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Nope. We may not have specifically, but America in general voted for him, and we deserve to be looked back upon poorly for what we did.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck that. His legacy needs a light shined upon it, to show how fucking stupid and ugly this country can be.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
you should never forget Trump, he was elected, and supported in power for 4 years, you have to learn from it and try to prevent it from happening again, but it will always be an important part of your history.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
we should switch to game of thrones style intros for presidents

Joe Biden
2nd of his name
President of the United States
The Obama Bro
Master of Gaffes
The Donald Slayer

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
It would aggravate all the assholes that bought 45 merch, so there is some value at least lol

But no, we need to stop pretending this country isn't this ugly disgusting thing we created.

Oct 25, 2017
Even if you clarify that you aren't trying to erase it, it would still be minimizing the damage done and the moment in history. We need to remember every day of this admin, and not let those who participated walk away freely.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
No. In many ways he represents how disgusting this country truly is. Racism never died. Bigotry is still at large.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Can't erase the past. We should look back on Trump's era with shame and let it serve as a reminder of the mistakes we made.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
"Those who do not learn in US History are doomed to repeat it next semester."

-Albert "Marilyn Monroe" Einstein

Kyonashi

Oct 24, 2017
UK
damn if you want to erase the numbers of all the bad presidents you might as well call Biden president #1.

May 19, 2020
i know yall got that hard recency bias right now but we recognize even the bad presidents. trump is not the first nor will he be the last.

Deleted member 5260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we're just making up numbers to feel better, why not something cool like "Joe Biden... President ONE MILLION!"

Oct 28, 2017
Rather not help the GOP whitewash the history of their shame. They'll do that plenty for themselves.

Nazi number
The dog whistle number nazis famously use for "(H)eil (H)itler".

Holy Smokes. Now I feel bad about the joke. I had no idea this was a thing. First thing I think of is Eric Lindros and the #88 hockey Jersey (sweater) from back in the day, I always go sports first. I apologize. so 8 = H?

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
This is such a dumb idea. What is "trolling" going to accomplish. Learn from history, and let it be passed down, that the 45th president was a disgrace.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, just put an asterisk. An impeached two time popular vote loser who never rose to the occasion needs to be remembered if only for the purpose of not repeating that same mistake.

whoodle

Jul 17, 2020
I'm british, so I have no right to tell you what to do. But please don't do that. Trump's presidency shouldn't be rewritten from history. It should be remembered as a cautionary tale.

Gorger

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
88? I hate the cowboys too. Dez Bryant and CD Lamb.

(i might be missing the real point)

Yeah I edited my post to make its meaning clearer.

1488 is another famous nazi dogwhistle. 14 symbolizing the fourteen word slogan which was coined by a nazi terrorist saying "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children".

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Saying "la la la that didn't happen" for decades/centuries is a large part of how we got here in the first place, so no, Donald J Fucking Trump, as much as I fucking hate him and wish him the worst, was the 45th POTUS.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
No, that's stupid. We don't pretend Bush, Regan, Jackson, or anyone else weren't president.

Oct 29, 2017
The failure of the 45th president of the United States of America needs to be remembered and learned from for a long, long time. We need to build from this and become a better nation. Do not forget, and do not let your friends and families forget.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely not

Donald Trump must not be forgotten or history will be doomed to repeat

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There have been worse presidents...so really we should just reset the number.
651077712420667407.png

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Nah. Trump got elected legitimately. It sucks, but he was President. By this logic Nixon wasn't President either.

These "let's troll Trump!" things have always been cringe tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.