• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Animated Avatar Day?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 80 28.0%
  • Lol No

Votes: 145 50.7%
  • Yes, Signatures Too!

Votes: 61 21.3%

• Total voters

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
YEAH RIGHT AFTER I GET MY FORUM SIGNATURES

Oh, I also made a thread about this a while ago too I had just forgot about it but I had to check just to make sure.

www.resetera.com

Give me animated avatars or give me death

DEAR MODERATORS I come here today in a place of public forum to propose that users be allowed to use animated avatars. MY DEMANDS AND RESPECTFUL OUTLINES ARE AS FOLLOWS. 1. ALLOW ALL USERS TO USE ANIMATED AVATARS FOR THEIR PROFILE PICTURE. 2. THAT'S PRETTY MUCH IT. 3. IF DEMANDS ARE TO...

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing's stopping you from having a signature, OP.

===
k2gpjp5.png

I have long since closed my eyes... My only goal is in the darkness. - Uchiha Sasuke

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
You mean a day when we burn the avatar in effigy for what his past life did to Chin the Great?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

We shall commemorate the day that the avatar was not boiled in oil

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Yes along with signatures.

---------------------------------------------
[insert sad and emotional made up quote with Riku or Sora from the Kingdom Hearts series]

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
I remember seeing an animated avatar a few month ago here.

I think it was gray or black with moving white parts like snow or rain.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The bandwidth tradeoff is not worth it. This would kill Era quicker then the greatest E3 bomb drops

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
Animated avatars and signatures would turn this into a cheap early 00s forum.

That's perfect.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Should be a part of the paid subscription to be honest.

Place could use some fun. Seriously.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly think we should have animated avatars. But they introduce some accessibility problems that can't be controlled by the forum, one of them being potentially excessive motion and users who have problems with it. Also, flashing high contrast colours. You get the jist. These would have to be moderated a posteriori and could at that point have done damage to other users. Since they are external assets, i don't think there is any easy way to validate whether each individual file would be problematic before they're set as active.

BareKnuckle

Oct 26, 2017
Back when I used to post on SRK there were some crazy animated avatars. There was one guy on there who had one that started with sentinel from MVC2 and I swear it ran for like 25 seconds haha.

That site didn't chug, it was fine and that was like mid 2000s

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Only if we restricted animated avatars to parts of music videos, wrestling and Simpsons gifs, and additionally made it so everyone's signature is just a hyphen, your name and then a 8)