• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Let's Resurrect Landstalker psp then ... T-T
team was let go before it got released

I bet they were doing Sprites characters, 3d budget would have been far too high for the psp otherwise.

TeHi & BuSp

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
R6gqTxN.jpg

Jeanne D'Arc on PSP looks gorgeous also today

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Some of the examples posted look strange because the resolution of the sprite must match the resolution of the background texture to be perfect

Lots of games with high resolution background textures with low res sprites

R6gqTxN.jpg

Jeanne D'Arc on PSP looks gorgeous also today

This is 3d cell shaded characters, not sprites

looks cool, but not what the thread is talking

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Posted this in a similar thread, but I think it's still relevant.

We're considering using this kind of style in a future game so we did some mock-ups of Lunar: Eternal Blue (one of my all-time favorite games) on the Sega CD in a 2.5D style to see how quickly we could do it and how it would look. Ignore the new fonts since we just threw something in.

Lunar-Town-Outside.png

Lunar-Town-Inside.png

Lunar-Dungeon.png

Lunar-Battle.png

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
Posted this in a similar thread, but I think it's still relevant.

We're considering using this kind of style in a future game so we did some mock-ups of Lunar: Eternal Blue (one of my all-time favorite games) on the Sega CD in a 2.5D style to see how quickly we could do it and how it would look. Ignore the new fonts since we just threw something in.

Lunar-Town-Outside.png

Lunar-Town-Inside.png

Lunar-Dungeon.png

Lunar-Battle.png
Wow, I like it a lot!

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Since I mentioned it previously in thread, here's some gifs of Dark Savior from Mama Robotnik's great thread on it, which convinced me to give it a go in the first place. Not necessarily the most beautiful game, but still really cool.
WOlJT9O.gif

UQSQLC4.gif

ZgIxCGT.gif