• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
qYDYfUU.png

OP
OP
Robin

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
This thread's still kickin' from last night eh?

Biscotti, more like let's notti.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Yeah, you're supposed to let your coffee saturate them, softening up the outside and warming it up a little, leaving a crisp interior. A well made biscotti with coffee is good, and I'm not even that huge on pastries.

Forearms

Oct 25, 2017
I felt this way when I first tried biscotti. Then my wife told me I was an idiot because they're meant to be dunked in liquid before consumption. Now I feel ok about them.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
I actually had some a few months ago on a Delta flight because they just hand them out like candy on Halloween and I was kind of hungry. They are ok as a snack but that is it.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
They're awful, and the only thing that makes them edible is the chocolate (when they do have chocolate). I prefer pretty much any other baked accompaniment to coffee.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
OP I complete agree.

I find Italian cookies to be intolerable, or at least, they're just not good. Every Christmas I'm guaranteed to get a tin of italian cookies from my in-laws, and y'know, it's a nice gift, I like gifts, it's thoughtful, but these things are inedible and flavorless. Inevitably I stash them away in my lower cupboard and they sit there for weeks and months until, usually mid-March during March Madness, I come home raving drunk and in need of anything and those will do I don't even understand how they manage to fuck up like ... a cookie with chocolate on it so bad. They're always so dry, so starchy, taste like baking soda, and even things like fucking chocolate are flavorless and bland.

(FYI, I'm talking about mass market italian cookies you'd buy as a shitty gift at like... BJs Wholesale Club or something, I get it, I'm sure there's some good Italian cookies homemade and all)

Biscotti are right up there with like Depression-era sweets. Like, I get it, your grandmother in Torino, it was rough when Il Ducce and Hitler were running things in your country. There was no sugar, no butter, no milk, but plenty of baking soda and starch that her brother, Guiseppi, smuggled in from Switzerland through the alps. And, so, Biscotti carried her through the Il Fascismo and the Nazi Occupation, and she staved off the Partisans by bribing them with biscotti. But, c'mon nonna, it's 2019, the vendettas are over. Live a little.

FOr being the greatest generation, they sure made some awful food.

Last edited:

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
You're supposed to put it in the coffee. Maybe they need instructions on them

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Naw they're delicious.

But that may just be me defending my Italian heritage, cause if I don't speak the language or know the culture in any meaningful way, I may as well like the delicious food : p

Plus I'm a caffeine addict.