• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
This silent savior has been used by quite a few protagonists already, it is arguably the one item that allowed each of them to finish their journey's.

It was first introduced to us via the RE7 Demo and it's been with us all the way to the RE Village Demo.

It helped the RE7 Demo guy, Ethan, Leon, Claire, Jill, Maiden Demo person, and likely Ethan again...

I am talking about the one the only...

BOLT CUTTERS

RE7

RE2
resident-evil-2-cutting-tool.jpg

RE3
17482.png

RE Village Demo:

RE8_Maiden6.jpg

Majestic.

Give another round for the MVP.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The tool of champions and zombieslayers alike.

We need the bolt cutters and crank in the same game.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Bolt Cutters are one of the all-time greats, up there with the Crowbar from Half-Life, the Hookshot from the Zelda series and the Sewer Key from Broken Sword.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Hopefully we can bolt cut a bicycle and ride it around the village in re 8.

S_TlS_.gif

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Lol, playing through The Medium and you eventually get a pair of bolt cutters and there's some very odd dialogue about it afterward. So this is interesting timing for this thread.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol

I still don't get why they don't give it a new colour to make it less obvious in every game. Then again, it is now a tradition so I am fine with it being the exact same model.

hotcyder

Oct 28, 2017
I know it's the same model across games, so is it canonically the same pair of Bolt Cutters?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I know it's the same model across games, so is it canonically the same pair of Bolt Cutters?

No, Raccoon City is nuked at the end of RE3, so it couldn't be the same in RE7. It is manufactured by the same company, though, so most likely there just hasn't been any significant changes to the design between RE2/3 and 7/8.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Oh god. We need someone to do RE's version of The Red Violin.

No, Raccoon City is nuked at the end of RE3, so it couldn't be the same in RE7. It is manufactured by the same company, though, so most likely there just hasn't been any significant changes to the design between RE2/3 and 7/8.
What if I've still got them in my inventory? HUH? What about that.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
With the way Capcom is reusing assets in these RE Engine Resident Evil game, I am not sure why people are worried things will get cut from the RE 4 Remake. Hell if anything Capcom will add an extra locked gate just to reuse this asset again.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Bolt Cutter sounds like the name of a movie star... in a movie where you don't want to use your real name.