• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
FFXV was a divisive game to say the least. Say what you want but the main theme Somnus was just awesome (both versions are good but I prefer the instrumental):

I mean it's so hauntingly beautiful and serene yet also really col. I remember when I first heard it in the Versus XIII trailer and I was in awe of how much it fit both the action and non-action scenes of the trailer. I have to say it's definitely one of my favourite FF themes.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
No, because it wasn't written for that game. I can appreciate it in the context of Versus XIII's original concept, though.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
The soundtrack is my favorite thing about XV and Somnus is a terrific theme. I also really dig the boss battle remix version from Episode Ardyn

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Shit man, that song is soooo old. I've used the original version in a video back in 2009(!). I miss FFv13 dearly. The game I never got and never will get. :(

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely, Somnus is an incredible piece of music. I prefer Valse di Fantastica though!

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I thought the thread was going to be about the character haha

No, because it wasn't written for that game. I can appreciate it in the context of Versus XIII's original concept, though.
And the makes the song worse? How. I don't see the logic lmao. Still a good song.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
OP posted the same version in both videos. Here's the version with vocals:

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite pieces of music ever done in this medium. As a trailer track also used for emotional moments, it's perfect. As a dungeon background, ehh.

Oct 27, 2017
The FFXV soundtrack is really well done, its one of the few things I can praise about the game. Shimomura was great as always.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
While they are good in there own right nothing compares to the Piano Ronin Version which was released alongside the Versus XIII trailer. This music should only be piano and not the violin version they used for XV.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017

I kinda love how it looks like the next part of KH is just Nomura doing this:
GrossDentalIlladopsis-size_restricted.gif

SE took FFvXIII from him, killed Stella and took his baby so he's just putting it all in KH, the series that is just Nomura at 100%.

Yoko Shimomura a beast though. Somnus is amazing.

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
Can someone explain FF14's music to me? I heard Answers the other day and whilst I loved the actual music, dayum there are some cheesy vocals here. Same with a few other tracks. Do they feel at home in the game? (also, would love if anyone had seen/heard an orchestra only version of Answers)

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My favorite part from FFXV, besides the phenomenal soundtrack?

That beginning with the car towing. So much potential and instantly sucks you in. It's all downhill from there.

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
While they are good in there own right nothing compares to the Piano Ronin Version which was released alongside the Versus XIII trailer. This music should only be piano and not the violin version they used for XV.

Quite a weak version for me, just sounds like a Kyle-Landry-pounding-away-at-the-keys joint

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite Final Fantasy songs, loved the original. That was actually DLC for the first Theatrhythm way back ("from Final Fantasy Versus XIII" lmao)

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Amazing track, loved it since 2006, my favorite track in gaming outside of the SNES/N64/PS1 era together with Kainé.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
The soundtrack of XV is my favorite thing of the game. This song is the reason why.

Argentil

Oct 27, 2017
Yes we can. It still gives me goosebumps to this day. Thanks for the reminder, OP. Sadly, this song is so bittersweet for me, it just leaves me disappointed that the game it eventually featured in was so bland. This song deserved to be in the bestest FF title ever.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Great song. I thought it was used well in the main game. Insomnia felt really epic.

Kind of wish every XV thread didn't get caught up with Versus stuff. My favorite memory of Somnus was also from that Versus trailer but XV is still a good time.