• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I prefer my game releases on:

• Friday, because I like being correct about things

Votes: 542 71.4%
  • Tuesday, because I like suffering

Votes: 173 22.8%
  • Other, because I'm a deviant and a bad person.

Votes: 44 5.8%

• Total voters

malyse

Community Resetter
I mean let's think about all the positives: you can stay up late playing without worrying bout school or work in the morning, you're going to get two days in a row to just dive in (and occasionally three like this upcoming weekend, you'll probably have ready cash since you got paid on Wednesday or Friday, and using KH3 as a metric of proof, you'll get your games four days early (whattheactualfuck,square-enix). Where's the downside?

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
The fact the game comes out 3 days later?

Also you're at the mercy of the UPS guy / whatever site you ordered from not messing up because otherwise theres a decent chance you're waiting till Monday.

OP
OP
malyse

malyse

Community Resetter
The fact the game comes out 3 days later?

Also you're at the mercy of the UPS guy / whatever site you ordered from not messing up because otherwise theres a decent chance you're waiting till Monday.
But it would come four days earlier!
image1.png

image0.png

Also, Amazon delivers every day. Even on Sunday.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Nope. Way worse. If you order a game and it's even slightly delayed you miss out on a whole weekend. For a tuesday release you have wiggle room and won't miss the following weekend.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Nah. Tuesday is better because I'm usually social on weekends. Most weekday nights after work are prime gaming time for me.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather have it 4 days earlier. It's not my problem that you got other shit do and can't play until later. No reason to ruin it for everyone.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Of course it's better. Get that digital preorder going, start playing it at 9pm PST on Thursday, have a bit of time to get a feel for the game, then have all weekend to play it when it's fresh.

And it's 3 days earlier, not 4 days later.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I don't mind Tuesday because it means I get to play at 9PM on Monday.

Friday is in some cases worse because the game comes out 9PM Thursday and I'm too tired to play that night and I probably won't get to really dig in until late Friday night after my kid goes to bed.

For Resident Evil I think I'm just going to call in sick on Friday.

jamsy

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it does make more sense in the grand scheme of things to have Friday releases.

On the other hand, I'm usually out on Fridays and won't start the game anyways. So for me Tuesdays work better.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer Tuesday for reason, in my country sometimes retailers get the games late because of some shipment problem they sometimes have with some releases, a delay in a Tuesday means it will probably arrive at wednesday, a delay in Friday means if it gets delayed it will be at the earliest on Monday, 3 whole days.

so, that's why I don't like Friday releases.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Much prefer friday as it gives you the whole weekend to play it. It might suck for people who order physical copies through amazon/best buy/etc, but if youre ordering online, you probably expect delays.

If there is ever a game I want on launch day, I dont order it online. Either in store pick up or digital download for me.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer Friday releases. but i know there was a good reason as to why games have been released on tuesdays, I just can't remember right now.

Kwyjibo

Oct 31, 2017
Tuesday is best

Especially for multiplayer games, few days to bed in servers and getting to grips with gameplay ready for the long weekend sessions

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I prefer whatever day I get the game earlier. If it gets pushed from tuesday to Friday I would have rather had it Tuesday.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I'm happy games have exact release dates now because it wasn't always a thing. Tuesday or Friday makes no difference.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Friday is bad. Some people don't deliver over the weekend or their delivery office like in college is closed. Switch came out over Spring Break for me. Friday is a nightmare

Release games on Monday or Tuesday as some of us shockingly will deal with delays

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Friday always used to be the UK release date, with the US getting games 3 days earlier on a Tuesday. This generation it's become abnormal for games to not have a worldwide release... Which is great for us UK folks!

Friday always feels nicer to me, giving the weekend to get stuck into something. That's assuming it's the Friday before and not the Friday after (us UK gamers have felt that pain for too long).

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
Literally does not matter to me. If a game is so good I gotta day 1 it, I don't care if it's Tuesday or Friday.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
no

any delays in shipping means you don't get your game for 3+ days. a solution would be to have physical games shipped on wednesday or thursday and digital release on friday.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, best part of Resident Evil 2 releasing on Friday is that I have a full weekend to play immediately after the day of release.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Depends on which Friday and Tuesday. I'd rather have it on Tuesday than wait three days for Friday, but I'd also rather have it on Friday than wait until the following week. Just don't require me to buy ridiculous super special editions to play it on Day 1.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
In theory Friday is a much better day for me (not having to worry about school, waking up early the next day, etc) but I was burned too many times with late deliveries from amazon last year on friday releases. If i'm picking up the game in person then Friday releases are still ideal for me, but if I'm ordering the game online then Tuesday just feels safer.

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
Since I'm in school and work the weekends, it's worse that games release friday

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Friday always used to be the UK release date, with the US getting games 3 days earlier on a Tuesday. This generation it's become abnormal for games to not have a worldwide release... Which is great for us UK folks!

Friday always feels nicer to me, giving the weekend to get stuck into something. That's assuming it's the Friday before and not the Friday after (us UK gamers have felt that pain for too long).

Yep Friday feels better as if its good can just play it all weekend and not worry about work/ school (for me at least is how its been).

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Friday is way better, I have worse luck getting games on Tuesday since here in the UK stores are more likely to ship on the Monday rather than the Saturday, as there's no deliveries on Sunday. Most companies still move parcels around on Sundays, so games could arrive in people's hands a day early, and publishers typically don't want that.

Getting the game shipped on a Wednesday for Friday is much more reliable in my experience.

Also it's just more fun to tear into a brand new game over a weekend rather than having to keep putting it off.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
I make way more impulse buys with Friday releases, so clearly it's working out better for publishers.

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
I really liked Tuesday!
I actually prefer knowing that I can start off my week lightly digging into the game before really going on a deep dive over the weekend.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
A lot of people have weekend plans that don't involve playing video games. Plus like someone said, delivery is not guaranteed at times and you may miss a Friday delivery and won't get it till Monday.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
If the game doesn't come out until Friday, that means we can't play it Friday until it comes out and we download/acquire/install it - part of our weekend playtime wasted! On Tuesday gives us plenty of time to prepare to play on Friday.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer Friday releases. but i know there was a good reason as to why games have been released on tuesdays, I just can't remember right now.

I think it was a standard hold over from when albums (yes people bought CD's) came out. They were typically released on Tuesdays and games and other media got lumped into it.

I think it also had something to do with shipments from UPS usually coming that day too, but as far as I understand it now, UPS/USPS makes shipments like this to big box stores daily.

A lot has changed since CD's were popular, heh.