• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you agree?

• Yes

Votes: 158 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 2,064 92.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Good to see the Souls fandom already gearing up for "is ________ about Elder Ring the best ever?" Now that you seem to be able to jump, Elder Ring probably about to become the GOAT platformer on here.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I really loved it. I loved how much gameplay we saw, and I do wish more trailers were like it. It wasn't as showy, but since the previous one was, I like the opposite approach here.

I think there's more artful trailers, but I get the intent of what this one set to do.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild trailer aand MGSV Nuclear trailers are the pinnacle. I'm not sure how anyone can top those two

EDIT: damn i forgot about the Silent Hill 4 Extended trailer. That is the peak but it's almost a short film so idk if it would even count

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
It's pretty good, but I wouldn't call it the best ever. My main feeling during the first watch was "yep, that's certainly a FromSoft game". I appreciated it more on subsequent watches but I do think it lacks a certain oomph factor

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Not even in my top 50

examples of trailers that are better than Elden Ring:

Little big Planet trailer with Battles
Twilight Princess that ends with Miyamoto with a sword
THAT breath of the wild trailer
at least 1 trailer for each Assassin's Creed game
That Prince of Persia reboot trailer with SIA
The Pole Position Atari ad
Smash Bros Brawl ending with Snake
absolutely every character announcement from smash

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It is a bloody good trailer.

From 2:02 onward it gets so damn epic. I love how the music builds, then pulls back, then drops.

Oct 30, 2017
If I didn't love FROM already and know their legacy, I wouldn't have given it another though. Ugly graphics, etc.
it'll rock though.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
It was fucking awesome. I'll be watching it again and again and again.

Best ever, tho? Didn't quite hit me like that, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.