• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Bethesda front row was the equivalent of your one mate who turned up to the stag do already drunk. He's amusing for a while but eventually you just tell him to sit and shut the fuck up already.

Lewpy

Oct 28, 2017
That Bethesda show was the cringiest I've seen in a long while. If the announcers are getting continually interrupted, while struggling to finish their sentences, you know the crowd are being over the top.

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least they are better than the Nintendo audience, they are dead silent every year they could at least clap or something.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Live conferences has it's moments but more often than it's just awful.

Moving away from live conferences we will now and then miss the epic reveals like Keanu. That was legit awesome.

But we gain so much more
No forced speaches, no PR talk, no gibberish, no live music or sport stars, no cars on stage, no people getting laughed at, no cringe, no forced applauds, trimmed down shows, no changing venues in the middle of shows and so on.

I hope we go away from it, more directs, more state of plays for the people!

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
It's all part of the silly fun of E3 maybe everyone should sit in complete silence.

Guarantee you the reaction on here would be lol no one even cheered. How embarrassing.

Yeah the cheering can be obnoxious but its hilarious getting this upset about it. Says more about you than the dolts in the crowd.

I often wonder what a games conference full of resetera users in the crowd would be like? Anyone whooing would be side eyed. Clapping kept to 5 secs only and not too loud. Cheering banned outright.

Everyone would probably cringe at others cringing at them cringing because they're cringing.

Loosen the hell up. Some of you guys come across as so pompous. It's a game show in the US loud cheering for no reason is in the DNA here.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Aren't the most in the front rows own workers, which are payed to scream and clap at every bs? Just look at M$ Pk, it's the same.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I wasn't gonna point fingers, but if you're gonna name yourself BE3 Hype guy and shrug off any criticism.

It wasn't just one dude lol. Every "yeeeeaaahhhh" was responded to by an equally as annoying "woooooaaaaaahhh". It was like listening to a mating call. Shit could have chased Howler Monkeys out of the god damn rainforest 😆

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
I don't mind applauds and cheers but when they keep interrupting the speaker all the time almost mid sentence at times, it starts being really annoying to watch.

Nemesis-T Type

Alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
JnHU_STH-ZvtThZD3F1M46khY-3Jz_SbPnl6I8E3jXrf6y4EA1puDtrf9EkChMCGwIcnfN476HBj1t_5dU_1o62KDwldo59MO2wBkOcBBkmNZXwUr-JYQ1TC8huzGVdqQkm0Lpc-A0y7WDI3gsXYrwZg=w498-h280-nc

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Me and my buddy were just talking about this earlier. I know general public isn't allowed into the presentations. So it boils down to supportive media (placing enthusiastic media channels in key locations). Family or staff. Or possibly twitch/YouTube/influencers?

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
I've only managed to watch MS, Bethesda and Ubi but the presenters have been constantly interrupted several times in every show. I mean these are their venues but I'd personally build a little more distance between the people and the stage. It's hard enough to talk in front of people for many but if that's what they aim for then E3 2020 should become the ultimate year of yeah-woos.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I for one cannot believe that people, half of whom if not more were probably drunk, were enjoying themselves at a conference literally meant to hype people up instead of being miserable and snarky the whole time as if they weer Yahtzee from zero punctuation.
Yeah.

Honestly, even though it's kind of corny, the people shouting things in the crowd made it more fun to watch. Surprised to see so much negativity in this thread, but then again, I shouldn't be. Bethesda show was bad though, lol, so there's something fishy there. But I enjoyed the SE presentation and Microsoft's as well. I think crowd reactions are fine. I mean, otherwise you're just sitting there watching businessmen and businesswomen stand on stage and spout cringy lines anyway.

Dracoonian

Dec 6, 2017
Did that one guy at the Bethesda showcase get old annoying after the third time? Sure. But on the bright side shouts like that created some good moments and generally gave the speaker/presenter some space to be a bit more humane in between scripted (sometimes boring) speeches.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I totally agree. I didn't feel like the Microsoft conference was as bad and the whole Keanu Reeves reaction was 100% genuine - but when it came to the Bethesda conference...

I actually expected it before the conference even started. I said to myself that the audience would probably be filled with plant/paid attendees, an overabundance of the developer's family and friends, or a bit of both, specifically so that the conference would appear to go over well in light of the egregious Fallout 76 debacles. I also figured that Todd Howard would make light of that whole situation and also the situation with the canvas bags would be avoided entirely.

I was right on all counts.

The ridiculously fake, canned, embarrassingly cringe-worthy manufactured excitement for every little thing announced was too much to bear and I had to leave the room for the remainder of the conference around the halfway point.

Treasure Silvergun

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Some of you speak like you never get out of your house, you realize that?

It's live events. About games. People are supposed to be excited.

At least they're expressing positivity, unlike a lot of people who watch conferences from their armchair with a side tab open to spew cinicism, negativity and fanboyism on forums and chats at a rate of several posts a minute. Only to move on to chastise live crowds they're not part of when they're done flinging shit at games they haven't played.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's another unnecessary repurposing of words just so they can piss off older people for misusing English.
Spoken like an old person who thinks everything revolves around them. I'm pretty sure the people who came up with this didn't have any shits to give about whether it'd piss off old people or not. They just liked how it sounded or felt that it met a linguistic need they had. Language evolves, language mutates. It's normal.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Guarantee you the shouters are employees tasked with keeping the excitement levels up... I've done the very same job myself.

Space

Aug 16, 2018
I have to say, it doesn't make sense that these over enthusiastic folks were paid by Bethesda, as they just constantly interrupted the presentation and did not enhance the experience in any way.

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
The cringey part of the Square Enix presentation was Avengers to me. With pausing for applause everytime a character was named (characters that had literally just been seen so the crowd already knew they were in the game) and applause going on way too long.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Cheering at a big announcement is fine.

Insane paroxysms of cheering after every other sentence is just weird and annoying.

It's not really that difficult.

Sure, people cheer at sports events or whatever, but that happens after something happens.

mangochutney

Jun 11, 2018
Call me a cynic but I can't help but think most of them are plants.
Wasn't it the Xbox One initial reveal in that tent thing where the employees/plants were going bananas, cheering everything, and the press were tweeting out how embarrassing it was given the gobshite being announced and that it was coming from the back of the room, not them.

Some of you speak like you never get out of your house, you realize that?

It's live events. About games. People are supposed to be excited.

At least they're expressing positivity, unlike a lot of people who watch conferences from their armchair with a side tab open to spew cinicism, negativity and fanboyism on forums and chats at a rate of several posts a minute. Only to move on to chastise live crowds they're not part of when they're done flinging shit at games they haven't played.
I don't think people are denying the right to be excited. But if you are getting excited by the tiniest of things then where do you go for the actual excitement-worthy things?