• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020

It makes me tear up every time I watch it. Damn.

The audio/visual experience overwhelms you, this is pinnacle comic book movie.

Last edited:

Scarlett

Dec 5, 2020
If it ever is, someone will run back in time to correct it, and we will never know.

Great scene, as a big DC and casual Flash fan.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
It's clearly the best scene ever made in any movie ever, nay, the best piece of media ever brought to the world in any medium.

Can't anything just be "good" or "very good" anymore? D:

OP
OP
Stacey

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
It's clearly the best scene ever made in any movie ever, nay, the best piece of media ever brought to the world in any medium.

Can't anything just be "good" or "very good" anymore? D:

Everything bar the spoiler is correct, I've been on the planet long enough to know this scene is why Cinema was created.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
This scene was definitely the highlight of the movie for me. The Snyder Cut still has a lot of issues but it is such a massive improvement over the original. The entire last act is SO much better, it's absurd.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be pretty dumb if they abandon this music cue in the flash film. Junkie xl handed them something great

CloakBass

Dec 10, 2017
I think some people genuinely believe these scenes actually look better with nasty high framerate frame interpolation.

Pyroblazer

Oct 30, 2017
It's a good scene and one of the best in the movie, but every emotional scene where I am invested in the characters is obviously much better. I don't really care about any of the DCU characters and that was always the biggest flaw of Justice League.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
The goofy run never ceases to take me out the Flash scenes.
Yup it looks silly and the slowmo is obnoxious. I get why they try to do it but quicksilver's version in X-men was MUCH more well executed. And what kinda nonsense is it to run to fast in one direction you reverse time in only a single location? Silly af

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Idk maybe i just dont like snyders style much or Ezra miller but i thought that scene was corny as hell

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
It's the probably the top for superhero movie scenes but not of any movie ever

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Watching the scene I'm genuinely wondering if this is a serious or a sarcastic thread. To each his own, I guess.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched the movie, but wasn't expecting it to seem that much like a CW show (with a higher CGI budget), cheese and all. The acting especially is just...wow.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
It's alright. I didn't feel like that moment was really earned so it ended up feeling a bit cheesy.

Also, get that framerate interpolation the fuck outta here.

Edit: I see this was already turned into a MCU vs DCEU thread, so I don't feel guilty mentioning that MCU alone has many, many better scenes.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
As far as reflective scenes in superhero comics go it's up there. Not surprising given it's the same director (for all of his faults) that brought us the similarly dreamlike (and much longer) Dr Manhattan soliloquy from Watchmen.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I think the most astonishing thing about the scene is how Flash doesn't grope a woman suspended in time at any point. He shows remarkable restraint.

Oct 29, 2017
I got two ideas from scenes that I think are much stronger.

I feel that scene from the cartoon show where he runs so fast he goes around the globe several times has something extra this one is missing: distance. Imagine combining that with time travel, something similar to Superman in 78 going back in time.

Another thing is that he is a lone speedster, imagine if he had to run faster than someone else, a villain with his powers like Zoom. The template for the best possible showcase of racing for a Flash movie where he has to run faster than someone else already exist, it is the final lap from Speed Racer ( why have Barry talking to himself when you could have the voice of his father talking to him?). Copy Speed Racer and you top this scene.

Last edited:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It's fine?

It's not better than the trench scene in WW or Billy meeting his real mom in Shazam if we're limiting this to just DCEU films.

But it's fine.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
It´s so great that I forgot it was in the movie, lol.
Most scenes with the Flash were just meh, imo.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
That looked really bad to me *shrugs* haven't seen the movie do maybe it's better in context.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
It's a top tier superhero moment for me. Struggling to think of something better. I hope it's utilized in future flash movies.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Idk maybe i just dont like snyders style much or Ezra miller but i thought that scene was corny as hell

I haven't seen the movie, so I don't want to say too much, but yeah, I agree. What's with the silly talking to himself? And the slow motion is dragging the scene out to the point of excrutiation.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
For people who haven't watched the movie yet, his talk with his father makes this scene better.