• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
cant find a thread about it.

what was that?

anyone who has playstation plus will receive all those games for ps5?

did i understand that correctly?

would be ps plus needed if you already got the game?

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
i didn't think it was that complicated.... if you have ps plus and a ps5, you can download those games onto it for free.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Difference with PlayStation Plus as it stands is that these games won't be inaccessibly after the first month I think?

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love that every single point of a conference turns into a thread. It's a collection of games you get included for free when you have PS+.

nadbmal

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
i'm guessing it's so ps4 owners with discs can get the digital edition console and still have most of the ps4 games you wanna play available without having to rebuy them digitally

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It's a bunch of games you get for free as PS Plus subscriber. That's it.

No Game Pass, no back compatibility thing. Just a bundle of games.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It's just a new form of the Instant Game Collection.
You'll have access to all these extra PS4 titles on PS5 if you have a PS+ sub. If you already have these games then they will also still work on PS5 without the sub.

I guess it's more for new people coming to the PS5 that missed these current gen titles.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You get all those games if you buy PS+

I imagine it's for people new to the Playstation ecosystem or missed out on the titles when they were available for gold.

Pretty good deal if you don't have them already

And a VERY good deal if you had those titles physically and wanted digital versions of them.

Oct 2, 2018
Get PSN+ and PS5 and you can play all these games at launch for free.

Its amazing value and a real incentive for people to jump into the ecosystem\

There's some fucking great games on there. It's not even funny. For me, there's negligble value as I've played pretty much all of them.

OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
alright,

i thought it would be a Gamepas equivalent so it threw me out of the loop lol.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I see it as a way to make it sting less and get people with physical copies to give those up (and give up the disc version of the ps5) and go to the digital ps5.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but does it come with the benefits of running on the PS5? When I play Bloodborne will it have super fast load times like Demon's Souls?

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Yea, most have been given away on Plus so far over the years, and this is an instant "catch-up" for PS5 buyers.

I also assume it's a good indicator that they will all run very well on PS5 and maybe even have optimizations.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
i'm guessing it's so ps4 owners with discs can get the digital edition console and still have most of the ps4 games you wanna play available without having to rebuy them digitally

yeah I think this is it. I was wondering how they would sweeten the move to the all digital version and this is a great way

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Yeah it seems to be an answer to GamePass? But why not just throw those titles on PS Now and push that harder? It's weird.

UltimusXI

Oct 27, 2017
Difference with PlayStation Plus as it stands is that these games won't be inaccessibly after the first month I think?
With 'inaccessible', you mean no longer playable (which is not how PS Plus works) or no longer claimable?

I think it'll be claimable for everyone that buys a PS5 (like within its first 6 months or ever?) and you can keep playing the games as long as your subscription is active. Maybe you don't even have to claim them to play them as part of an active subscription.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're giving away a bunch of old PS4 games for free to PS+ subs. And they are all backwards compatible so you can play them on PS5 as well.

Idk why people are so confused

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Is Bloodborne enhanced in anyway?
Give me at least 60 fps

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
They're basically just giving you access to a bunch of critically-acclaimed PS4 games to play on your PS5 at launch if you have PS Plus.

UltimusXI

Oct 27, 2017
Good thought. My first thought was that it might have been Covid related: less games playable on PS5 in the first months than they planned. And a way to counter Gamepass.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Free PlayStation 4 games, seems more targeted to new PlayStation owners rather than current PS4 owners.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's kind of weird to announce this not knowing how BC is going to work. Like will these games be better on PS5 outside the obvious of a more stable framerate and faster loading times?

OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
would they be BC or PS5 versions?

have they talked about BC?

It's kind of weird to announce this not knowing how BC is going to work. Like will these games be better on PS5 outside the obvious of a more stable framerate and faster loading times?

exactly, they haven't even talked about BC on the presentations right?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
It's great value if you haven't had a PS4 or don't buy many games. But I own nearly all of these games so it's pretty meh to me.

Now, if I was guaranteed to run them enhanced for PS5? At 4K/60? Then we're talking. But right now, this is pretty pointless to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.