• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 10, 2017
You can shove anything up your ass if you just believe
tumblr_n8mrl3B2NB1tf6lxuo1_500.gif

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand what this has to do with Jim Carrey. Is it because of that video where he confesses his love for Emma Stone?

Nov 30, 2017
Only time I don't mind them are 4th of July and today. Any other time it's just annoying and over the summer I have neighbors who do it till 2 a.m., this usually goes on and off till the end of August by me.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eeeh, your pets will survive it once a year just like all the pets in all the centuries before.

Advance_Alarm

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
OP doesn't like something so you want to ban it from the country. I'm going to shoot some extra large mortars just to piss off the crybabies with sensitve ears or irritable lungs or whatever fake conditions they have. It's a national holiday and we are going to celebrate, get over it.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Eeeh, your pets will survive it once a year just like all the pets in all the centuries before.

The best of logic. Just try applying this to any other source of trauma that doesn't cause death and understand how horrible it sounds.

Oh you lost your hearing from fireworks exploding next to you? You'll survive. Oh you lost three fingers when the pre-mature explosion got them? You'll survive. Oh your PTSD is triggered when fireworks startle you? You'll survive. Oh your pet suffers from extreme anxiety from the painful explosion noise? They'll survive.

Edit: also don't pretend it is once a year, people use them (illegaly) for weeks before and after new years here.

Last edited:

Ilovehotmoms

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
They are loud and often can't even be blocked out with earplugs. They can make your pet go nuts, cower in fear, or even get scared and run away. People lighting off fireworks at 1-2am are just inconsiderate and can't fathom some people actually need to be up and work the next day.

I bet you get invited to lots of parties huh ?

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Nobody cares about the pets you've decided to saddle yourselves with. There are 2 days a year that people shoot off fireworks. You knew about them before you bought your living jewelry, so fuck off with the indignation that people don't think of your self imposed sentient toys on NYE.

Deleted member 29676

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Nobody cares about the pets you've decided to saddle yourselves with. There are 2 days a year that people shoot off fireworks. You knew about them before you bought your living jewelry, so fuck off with the indignation that people don't think of your self imposed sentient toys on NYE.
Yea, fuck those people who need service and emotional support animals right? Oh those people with PTSD who are affected too? All that matters is people have fun blowing things up!

Deleted member 29676

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
For one or two nights a year? Sorry, but you get to put up with it.

And lmao bringing up like 2 percent of pet owners. GTFO with that dishonest bull

So because it is a small number of people they don't matter? How many people need to be negatively impacted in your mind for fireworks to be not worth it? Here is a good article about a solider with PTSD who killed himself after being agitated by them on the 4th.

And lets not forget the the Eagle Creek Fire which caused $20 million in damages because a 15 year old thought it would be fun to light off fireworks.

I have no problem with the big firework shows put on by cities/Disney ect. They do a great job giving you times and letting oyu make preparations. It is the people illegally lighting them off until 4am that are the problem.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
My ears are overly-sensitive, growing up I had to go through christmas and new years with some ear protecting headphones. And your animals can get hurt too, having a dog I can't really sympathize with people who use fireworks, though I do get why they do it.
Having said that I can get behind fireworks that pop and have bright colors, but where I live there are a LOT of dumb people who buy these extremely loud things that don't do anything other than be loud, fuck those things.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
So because it is a small number of people they don't matter? How many people need to be negatively impacted in your mind for fireworks to be not worth it? Here is a good article about a solider with PTSD who killed himself after being agitated by them on the 4th.

And lets not forget the the Eagle Creek Fire which caused $20 million in damages because a 15 year old thought it would be fun to light off fireworks.

I have no problem with the big firework shows put on by cities/Disney ect. They do a great job giving you times and letting oyu make preparations. It is the people illegally lighting them off until 4am that are the problem.
Illegally lighting fireworks is always a problem. But the OP doesn't explicitly concern illegal fireworks, and it is perfectly legal to use fireworks in many states. Most people will be conforming to legal uses of fireworks as well, so I'm not sure where the illegal part even comes in? I haven't seen anyone championing the illegal use of fireworks, have you?

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going by some blooper videos I saw, oh yes they can. It wouldn't be wise, but it's possible.

Hammee

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
People that light fireworks on any day except the 4th of July in the States are the scum of the Earth.

Nah. Shit happens. Hide your pets in the basement. Lock the doors. Go to bed early. All easily solvable. Hell, go to a hotel in an area you know there won't be any fireworks. Don't ruin the fun for everyone else.

Nah, lighting off fireworks that late at night is just being an inconsiderate asshole.

Yeah, loud people are dumb and dumb people are loud. It's one of those things we smart enligtened quiet chosen ones have to deal with.

Agreed.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't mind if it was just a few nights a year, but tonight marks the end of two months of constant bloody fireworks round here. Dog is terrified and I'm fed up of constantly picking up firework debris out of my garden and driveway.

Leave it for New Years, 5th November and Diwali please

spider

CLANG
On Break
Oct 23, 2017
Australia
2018 is barely starting and here we are...

Please keep it civil everyone. There's a lot of people with pets and there's a lot of people without pets. A little empathy both ways are good. Thanks.

On topic: I am a person with pets and though pets can have a troublesome night during fireworks on new year's eve, it's also an occasion that could have been anticipated. It's the sudden fireworks and/or local neighbours' lighting strange explosive and loud stuff that's more of a problem for my household. Other than that, I keep my pets indoors and calmed on NYE, because I understand that my neighbours are not out to actually be troublesome. They are just people who wants to have fun and be merry.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously if your dog is afraid check out the Thundershirt. It really works. I call it the Thunderskirt cause my pups are females. They do not even get frightened anymore, and I don't have to use it after a few years.