• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Insiders have said this game has existed for years now. I get that it was most likely meant to be used in part as a promotional release for Metroid Prime 4, but now that game is probably going to release in like 2035 for Switch 4, holding it back is just annoying.

In the meantime let's listen to 10 hours of the most atmospheric song in the history of video games:

www.youtube.com

Metroid Prime Music - Phendrana Drifts - 10 Hours

My favorite Metroid OST of all time. Enjoy. :) Song: Ice Valley by Kenji Yamamoto and Kouichi Kyuma

Name a game with a better atmosphere/sense of place than Metroid Prime. It can't be done.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Yes, Metroid Prime is amazing. I often debate whether I prefer it over Super Metroid, but both are in my all-time top 10 list.

There's so much to play nowadays that I don't really get anxious over release dates. If it's coming, it'll eventually release.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I always imagined this would be used as a marketing game for Prime 4, and seeing as that game got restarted, that probably paused this in being released.

If this was real, anyway...

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Lol, I'd watch Trinity Broadcasting for a whole week if it gets it done.

What more do you want from me Nintendo?

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
I won't do it but I've been tempted by a Wii U recently to download the metroid prime trilogy, zelda reissues, and 3D world

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Hasn't there been like only 1 source for this trilogy? I am not sure it exist. Or it could now exist since it's been 2 years since we heard rumors.

Mar 31, 2020
If there's an updated console around the corner as the rumors suggest, I'd prefer they hold on to it so that it's optimized for the newer console.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
It'll get announced and probably released shortly after the first trailer for Prime 4 hits; not a minute sooner. Prime 4 getting rebooted basically put the Trilogy on ice.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Put your squishy Metroid amiibo under your pillow tonight and your wish will be granted

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Me selling my Gamecube copies years ago thinking we were going to have a remaster by now:

d7f353eadbaaa00f528b2d209f57257f.gif

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
It's been rumored (and rumored to be complete) for so long that it's either not real or it's release is part of the Prime 4 marketing strategy.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I certainly hope it exists because I'd love another go through them. All the better if they put in some "remaster" work.

I have a bunch of friends who are dying to play them as well because they weren't Nintendo fans until the Switch.

Would be great.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
"Insiders" said call of duty was coming to switch a couple years ago and that the last direct would be a general direct soooooooooo

Oct 27, 2017
I should hook up my Wii U to play this, Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3. I already own those games, yet I'd probably buy them again for Switch.

Nintendo are trying to save me money by not re-releasing Prime Trilogy.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
Is Nintendo really sitting on multiple ready to release games? Like I am not saying games because of COVID, but is Nintendo sitting on games like Pikmin 3 and this trilogy for a year or more before the pandemic?

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It'll get announced and probably released shortly after the first trailer for Prime 4 hits; not a minute sooner. Prime 4 getting rebooted basically put the Trilogy on ice.
I was actually thinking of that. Are the insider info from before or after the development reboot? I assumed it was going to be used as marketing to keep brand awareness going for MP4, until it got rebooted and development went back to 0