• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think Microsoft Xcloud can compete with Google Stadia?

• Yes

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I think it will be similar between the two.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I don't care about streaming, not feasible in my country.

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
With Google Stadia being announced today and doing 4k HDR at launch, do you think Microsoft Xcloud will compete/do better ?

What are your opinions? How do you think they will differ between the two?

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Microsoft has as much experience with the cloud as Google but it has actually made games before.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
we know fuck all about xcloud or even stadia's pricing to say if they will compete with anything

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
I suspect Google Stadia is a good indication of the latency wall that streaming is facing. Every milliseconds lower than their ideal environments benchmarked today will be exponentially harder to achieve. And I don't suspect Microsoft will surpass them in that regard.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
MS has more studios so more games. They have already established the 3rd party connections. They are ahead of Stadia's curve right now.
The only downside is that they are using Xbox One s as the node.

xMaximusx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Microsoft is using Xbox One S's to power their cloud according to their reveal trailer. Google is using a GPU that has more power than PS4 Pro & Xbox X combined. I don't think Microsoft is gonna have the same quality.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Locking Thread.

It's a bit early to make a thread like this. You are more than welcome to make a similar one once we have a better idea of what Xcloud as a service is. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.