• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
If it did happen (it won't), I'd expect it to be even more of a "man, Kojima never wants to touch this series again" game than MGS4 was. There's no way he could return to it without the subtext being "fuck this shit" or him just totally nuking everything narratively to ensure he can never return to it.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
The next metal gear will be like NES metal gear. Bad, clumsy, with no personality, but probably with David Hayter, for the fan service only.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't part of the reason Kojima left because Konami was pushing him towards Metal Gear Solid 6 instead of Silent Hills? I don't think he wants to make another Metal Gear.

tatwo

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I could see Kojima give some advice for new Metal Gear game if Konami came asking but full on A Hideo Kojima Game. Not a chance.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Likelihood of that happening...

hell-freezes-over-shmcd-priceddown-reissue-465617.1.jpg

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
No. And I hope it wont ever happen. If anything with PW and V, Kojima has proved that he's no longer capable to do a good story.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Kojima has wanted to stop doing MGS since 2. So like, no chance whatsoever.

He was the proverbial 'one last job' guy on every entry after that, and it's a miracle he didn't die from tempting fate that much repeatedly.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Konami is definitely done working with Kojima. And I'd imagine after what Kojima went through in his final years of employment that the feeling is mutual.

So no. Not a chance, I'm afraid.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
Considering he has been trying to distance himself from the franchise since at least Metal Gear Solid 2 I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I think Kojima is done with MGS (he'd been saying that since the first two games on MSX) and while Phantom Pain isn't complete, it's still impressive in how it ties everything together.

And I think Konami will hold onto MGS, Castlevania, Silent Hill, etc since they don't want anyone else making money with them (even if they plan to pretty much just sit on them).

Massa

Oct 27, 2017
Of course the franchise has almost had all the closure it needs. But it's still sad knowing he may never be able to work on this IP again. Or that we may never get another proper MGS game again. MGS4 spoiler --
Also Solid Snake is kind of not dead yet.
--

I don't think it's sad at all. The franchise is done, enjoy the games that were made and watch the people who made them go on to do better things.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
At some point Konami executives will make a huge mistake, focus on some gimmicky peripheral or so and the company will have its uDraw moment. There will be massive financial difficulties and they will be forced to sell off a lot of their IPs. Kojima will then step in and buy the rights to Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Zone of the Enders and Castlevania. In a celebration video Guillermo del Toro and Norman Reedus will be there announcing Silent Hills is going to happen.
Kojima will reveal that Chapter 3 was actually almost finished but Konami forced him to never speak about it. It will come out as a free DLC for MGSV.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
there have been weirder band reunions, for what it's worth

if future Konami isn't run by assholes i could see them working with Kojima again, in which there's no way there won't be another Metal Gear. it's really not that out there but most of us will probably be grandparents by then

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Better question is will a MGS6 even happen without Kojima.

I hope the answer is no.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
I really doubt Kojima would even want to do it.

I think it's time to accept MGS truly ended with 4, and a good ending that was.

It's time for new things.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Anything could happen. Konami could change their higher ups for some reason, could be sold off to someone, Sony could pay for the next Metal Gear to be developed internally. But I don't think it will happen, it just can.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Never.

But a better question is: Could we realistically get at least one more Metal Gear Rising?

I need a definitive answer.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I'd say there's more chance Konami remake the old games tbh. I'd love a remake of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 from the MSX.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If current Konami management are replaced and Kojima has nowhere else to turn for work then maybe but neither scenario is particularly likely.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I don't even think MGS can even get a UHD trilogy, let alone a MGS5, let alone a Kojima MGS ever again.

I think the only way Konami would make another Silent Hill or MGS is if someone else paid the development costs and they kept the profit, which would be impossible, unless Sony, MS or Nintendo did it sheerly to sell hardware units.

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
I'm not sure that he wants to work on another MGS title ever, let a genius like him do whatever he wants to.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Personally I wouldn't mind a metal Gear without Kojima. People are always complaining about Konami but the whole David Hayter replacement did not make any sense. Making Snake a sillent character in MGS5 really hurt the overall experience.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why would Kojima go back to working on a franchise he has been literally shackled to for over two decades?

Why would he go back to a company that treated his team so horribly as well as send the game into development hell?

Why would Konami, who only published two mainstream games, Pro Evolution Soccer and Metal Gear Survive, go back to publish a game which would have a massive budget?

Snake Kojima had a hard hard life. He needs some time to rest.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Better question is will a MGS6 even happen without Kojima.

I hope the answer is no.

Metal Gear Philanthropy

Explore the post Shadow Moses world with Solid Snake and Otacon as they try and find meaning in life. Globe trotting as they go from country to country exposing and sabotaging countless knock off Metal Gear REX variants.

Search your heart brother, you know it to be true, you wish for this game as much as I do