• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking for a backpack that I can use for undergrad, something that's stylish but at the same time on the mature side.

I've looked at North Face, Jansport, and Herschel and nothing really caught my eye.

OP
OP
Vic Damone Jr.
Oct 27, 2017

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I recently bought this TruBlue backpack for work. Safe area to put away the laptop, and a bunch of space for other cables, books and stuff.

A42E_1_20160902363044278.jpg

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I bought this one for work 3 years ago and haven't had any issues. I am cheap and have no design sense though...

It holds my laptop, cords, papers fine and I have used it to hold 2 days of clothes for business trips before without issue.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I bought a skater backpack 10+ years ago (Clive) that I still use. Not professional looking though (and Clive is no longer with us).

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I know you mentioned not liking the North Face, but have you checked out Patagonia? They're have slightly more subtle, non-sporty designs/color.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I've been using my Chrome messenger bag for 5 years almost daily and it's still like new. If you wanna drop the cash I recommend checking them out.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I recommend the Wire Cutter for almost everything I know nothing about and want a general consumer opinion on:

It's like consumer reports, except they make their money by affiliate links and are owned by the NYT. I find a lot of their content reputable, they're not enthusiasts or anything, but they give good general opinions.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
I absolutely swear by my Timbuk2 messenger bag. They make very sharp looking backpacks, too. My bag is about 10 years old and shows minimal wear/tear with literally daily use.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I work at UT and Fjallraven are everywhere but they don't seem to be very substantial. My wife bought one though and has liked it. They run for about $100 I think.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Fjallraven Kanken is very small, very popular and for some reason exclusively used by women, but they have other backpacks that are much bigger.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
If you're looking for a place to try them in-store, REI has a pretty big selection (if you have one nearby).

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm a big fan of both Tom Bihn and Fjallraven but I personally use a Goruck GR1 because of the invincibility the bag has and the expandability the molle provides allowing me to use it for everyday carry, weekend fitness rucking and casual hiking and travel.

Deleted member 8683

User requested account closure
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I bought a Fjällräven Räven 28 last month and really like it so far. Pretty big for an everyday pack, but it collapses into itself a bit when not filled so it doesn't stick out. And ofc great storage. I got it to use both for weekend travels and for everyday office stuff.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Throughout my bag research journey on resetera I have noticed you recommend Tom Bihn a lot but spell in wrong every time.

it's autocorrect. That and "abd" stay in iOS even after a total dictionary reset. It's become my own personal Rouge Squadron.

abdfixing it isn't easy because it goes into that weird red locked state where you have to go zoom cursor onto a different word.

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
it's autocorrect. That and "abd" stay in iOS even after a total dictionary reset. It's become my own personal Rouge Squadron.

abdfixing it isn't easy because it goes into that weird red locked state where you have to go zoom cursor onto a different word.
Thank you for the insight. I was thinking of going back to iPhone but little annoyances like this give me pause.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
On the more premium, but also more durable, side:

Ono
Filson
JW Hulme
Wotancraft
Shinola
Lotuff
Frank Clegg