• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of what happens trump will contest. Even if its a blowout on Election night it'll still be fake news and rigged

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
If he wins by a wide enough margin, than I don't think Trump has any solid ground to stand on in contesting. That doesn't mean he won't try, but let's hope Biden get Pennsylvania and Florida to truly blow him out.

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In NC we can put absentee ballots into machines ahead of time but the machine doesn't tabulate or count until 7:30PM of that election day so it's possible Biden will be ahead right then and there.

However, the official tally isn't finished until all absentee ballots are counted. We can mail out ballots on election day and as long as they get them by Friday, Nov 6, they still count. Official results aren't released until the next Friday, Nov 13th, so NC can potentially be an unknown for up to 10 days after election day.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
If Biden takes Texas Florida doesn't matter

Also in that scenario Hegar beats Cornyn and the Dems flip another Senate seat

I will say Biden probably needs to win Texas by a solid 2 or 3 to carry Hegar over the line. Cornyn polls within a point or two of Trump in all the polls were they're asked together, so he has a little room to outperform Trump, but not a ton. (Though a good chunk of the undecided could end up becoming Biden–Cornyn voters). But yeah, if he wins it clean enough for an election night call, you're probably getting Hegar too, which would be amazing.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so, for the sake of our country. I want this to be over on election night to avoid having SCOTUS decide our election.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
While there will still be tons of votes counted, Biden will have enough of a lead that it won't matter. The election will be called as soon as California closes.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I hope more than anything Biden wins in an indisputable landslide on election night. The country needs this over and done with.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope more than anything Biden wins in an indisputable landslide on election night. The country needs this over and done with.

I agree, we need it as a country.

Either way Trump is going to contest the results. Hopefully, most mail in ballots are counted by election night so some of these races can be called... But all it's going to take to prevent that is one of MI/WI/PA to not finish by election night and we're in limbo. I would say the odds of that being the case are pretty high. Number of mail in ballots are shattering records already.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Trump's plan seems to be declaring himself a winner on election night, then going to the Supreme Court to have mail ballots thrown out before they all can be counted. Florida 2000 part two. He's also counting on DeJoy to slow the mail down and maybe "lose" some ballots on the way (which will be harder now that the spotlight it on him). All this means that Biden's best bet to avoid Trump stealing the election is to win on election night. But is that even possible? Anyone know what the rules are for counting mail ballots in the six key states (PA, MI, AZ, FL, WI, NC, and MI)? Also, how do they know how many mail/absentee ballots are pending before they can declare the winner?

Absolutely. Hopefully with everyone turning in their ballots early, they can be tabulated quickly. If he can get Pennsylvania and the Rust Belt to go early..it might be a good night.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of where we are after election night, prepare to be dealing with election bullshit well into 2021.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
If one of PA, FL, or NC is called for Biden that night, it's almost or outright impossible for dipshit to get enough EC votes to win.

If two of the three are called, it is over.

If all three go Biden, Trump would be in serious danger of losing Texas and Georgia as well, and my faith in this country will be slightly restored.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida has pretty good early voting periods :/

i'm not so sure why people don't think it's possible the winner is called that night

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I think with all the fuckery going on with the USPS, a lot of people will vote early and in person and the numbers will show Biden winning on election night. I know I am going to do this and I hope others follow.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Russia has been attacking (read: hacking) the US infrastructure for weeks now, if you think everything will go smoothly up to election day you're wrong. Either way your country will have to deal with unprecedented riots/destabilization. If Biden wins, Trump won't recognize the vote and about half of the country won't either, which means more mayhem. If Trump wins, about half of the country won't be satisfied because of the rampant fascism. The only winner here is Russia, who's been pulling the strings since at least 2016 when the USA sold its soul to the highest bidder. The country is in full collapse mode, you just don't see it yet.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
Unfortunately I just can't see him winning, but hopefully I'm wrong. This feels like 2016 again.

I'd love nothing more than that turd to lose.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
If the polls stay where they are, I think it'll get called on election night and I don't think Trump will dispute it until like a week later, after he concedes, but then publicly saying it was stolen, but not taking any legal action. Just a show for his fans so he can create Trump TV in a year or two.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I'm staying optimistic but I'm also keeping my expectations in check. I'm not ready for another whiplash like 2016. Here's hoping the voter turnout is high.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Electoral-Vote.com did a piece on this topic a few weeks ago: https://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2020/Pres/Maps/Sep07.html#item-8

Their conclusion is that North Carolina is a good place to start watching. They can count their ballots starting 2 weeks before Election Day, so their results may be a lot closer to complete than most states. According to their information, Florida can't count ballots until after the polls close, on Election Day. They can only "process", ie prepare to be counted. If that is true, don't expect any relevant information from Florida that night.

Here are a few key states, and when they can process ballots, and when they can count them:

Arizona 14 days before Election Day 14 days before Election Day
Florida 22 days before Election Day After the polls close on Election Day
Michigan Election Day After the polls close on Election Day
North Carolina Local option 14 days before Election Day
Pennsylvania 7 a.m. on Election Day 7 a.m. on Election Day
Wisconsin When the polls open on Election Day When the polls open on Election Day

Last edited:

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Possibly, but odds are very low unless it's an absolute blowout landslide. So many are voting by mail and enough swing states have onerous limitations on when those ballots can be processed and counted that it will be hard to have a definitive answer that night. We are probably looking at a couple days at least for 95%+ certainty. Which unfortunately means Trump will be full on his bullshit to try and sow as much chaos and misinformation as he can.

Really hope Joe and the Dems have a literal army of lawyers and just outright bodies on hand to just dominate any court houses or polling places to ensure as little fuckery is tolerated as possible. We cannot allow anything even remotely like Crooks Brothers Riot or SC case like we had in 2000.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Try not to let Trump's fear tactics affect you. He is going to contest any and all unfavorable results anyway.
Yeah agreed. Hanging chads are different than just not wholesale counting votes. He does that the protests we've had so far will look like kids play.

Don't care if the Supreme Court leans conservative. The climate is way different now than it was in 2000.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I mean Trump started an investigation into an election that he won lol He is 110% contesting the results regardless if Biden is declared winner on election night or later, but I think there's a chance Biden could win on election night, but it probably has to be close to a blowout I'd imagine. Love to be wrong though.