• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
The clarification in parentheses is just so I can point out that I don't care for a microphone and etc. etc. etc.

I tend to only play games after 11 PM and I don't want to be loud.... so I play at a Volume of 1 or 2 a vast majority of the time. Which obviously sucks.

So any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thx

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Lmao I've almost made this thread a few times in the past

PS4 Pro sometimes decides to scream

Interested to see if there are any good quality mic-less budget sets anyone would recommend

RubberStamp

Oct 27, 2017
You'll need something closed back. There is the AKG K361/371. They're closed back and sound great but they're fairly neutral. There is also the DT 770 (32Ohms) but they have a fixed cable and some people don't like their treble. But the DT's are extremely comfortable and extremely durable.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I like the Sony platinum headphones. Comfortable and sound good. Probably better stuff out there though.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I'm not the biggest fan of closed back headphones because I don't like my ears getting warm. I'd look into iems. If you're on a budget then something like Final Audio VR3000 or A3000.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Hyper X cloud 2 if you're going wired. Metal frame on the earcups, good sound. Worth noting PS pads drop audio frequently enough to be noticeable. I prefer wireless because of this.

If you're going wireless, the Sony pulse headsets are great for compatibility, but don't sound great out of the box. If you can find new old stock of Sony Gold's, those are better. Everything else that's better is going to be over $130 and/or not as compatible/feature filled.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
I can recommend the Sony WH-1000XM4. They have the best active noise cancelation on the market, 30hr battery life with Bluetooth, and can also be used as wired headphones.

Oct 27, 2017
The clarification in parentheses is just so I can point out that I don't care for a microphone and etc. etc. etc.

I tend to only play games after 11 PM and I don't want to be loud.... so I play at a Volume of 1 or 2 a vast majority of the time. Which obviously sucks.

So any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thx

I'm in much the same boat as you. I was playing Control recently and it felt like I couldn't appreciate the sound effects, so I bought these. Sennheiser HD300 for £45. I'm not an audiophile or anything like that but they're extremely comfortable and have good sound quality:

Sennheiser compatible - HD 300 Over-Ear Headphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Shop for Sennheiser PC products at the Amazon.co.uk Electronics & Photo store.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I bought the Pulse 3D recently and Im really enjoying my time with it.
Being Bluetooth is a big deal for me tho, I imagine wired you could get something better at the same price.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
for 50$ headphones, you won't find better than the Koss Porta Pros

koss.com

Porta Pro®

The acclaimed Koss Porta Pro® has captivated audiophiles and music enthusiasts for decades and continues to be one of the most popular headphones worldwide. Originally introduced in 1984, the Koss Porta Pro® has stood the test of time due to its impressive performance and portability. Equipped...

I have been using them for close to twenty years. They are great.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
pleaseinsertdisctwo, What is your budget? You failed to give one in the OP.

People are usually just going to recommend you whatever they ae currently using in threads like these, which isn't terribly helpful.

May 31, 2021
Hyper X cloud 2 if you're going wired. Metal frame on the earcups, good sound. Worth noting PS pads drop audio frequently enough to be noticeable. I prefer wireless because of this.

If you're going wireless, the Sony pulse headsets are great for compatibility, but don't sound great out of the box. If you can find new old stock of Sony Gold's, those are better. Everything else that's better is going to be over $130 and/or not as compatible/feature filled.
Are the pulse compatible with PS4? I much prefer the fitting of pulse to the golds.