• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
toilets are built to last

getting a nice one that lasts long is probably worth the money

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
So you can put your raccoon in it.
photofunky.gif

Oct 27, 2017
that's a toto dude
you're investing in the R & D for bleeding-edge shitting technology
wouldn't be surprised to see a waterworld-style recycling model once the resource wars begin

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is less about the fact that it has a built in bidet and more about price differentiation. You can find a lot of luxury versions of regular consumer goods with hugely inflated prices aimed at the wealthy.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
ACTILIGHT elevates toilet cleaning to an extraordinary new dimension. Comprising a bacteria-neutralizing ultraviolet light and a titanium dioxide-fired toilet bowl, which is available on the NEOREST NX2, this extraordinary technology initiates a photocatalytic process that breaks down even microscopic waste particles.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's a hell of a lot more than just a bidet in that toilet.

Just look at all these features
  • TORNADO FLUSH® System
  • ACTILIGHT® UV light cleaning system built in the lid
  • CEFIONTECT® Ceramic Glaze
  • ADA Compliant
  • Universal Height
  • Sleek, low profile one-piece skirted toilet with integrated cleaning & comfort function in the seat
  • EWATER+® on wand and bowl
  • Remote control operated
  • Tornado flushing system can be operated by remote or by sensor operation
  • Front & Rear warm water washing with temperature and intermittent pressure controls
  • Automatic toilet seat can be opened/closed by remote or sensor operation
  • Heated seat with temperature control
  • Air Deodorizer
  • Night light
  • Warm Air Dryer function
  • 12" Rough-in
  • Mounting and connection hardware included
  • Remote Control and hanger included

MS901CUMFX_GAL_09

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Because it's a fancy toilet. Look at that fucking thing. Looks like it's from the future. It has TORNADO FLUSH® technology, a disinfectant UV light, a heated seat, and a remote control, among other things. This is a premium shitting experience.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Bidet, drying, sanitizing, etc. You're basically get a toilet that maintains itself, cleans your asshole, dries your asshole, and is quite comfy.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
For the same reason that you can buy $12,000 cables and $20,000 coffee tables. There are 600 billionaires in the US alone, and many more people worth 8-9 figures. They have several bathrooms to fill. There's a market of people who are not at all price sensitive to anything.

Oct 27, 2017
i'd bet there's a healthy aftermarket for custom ass-molded seats too, at that price range might as well go whole hog
LIDAR-scanned gammon abdomens all sitting in an off-shore server somewhere, waiting for the printers

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
I think this is less about the fact that it has a built in bidet and more about price differentiation. You can find a lot of luxury versions of regular consumer goods with hugely inflated prices aimed at the wealthy.
For the same reason that you can buy $12,000 cables and $20,000 coffee tables. There are 600 billionaires in the US alone, and many more people worth 8-9 figures. They have several bathrooms to fill. There's a market of people who are not at all price sensitive to anything.
Yep and if I was pulling in anywhere near that amount I would do the same. At my current networth I am twisting my face all kind of ways trying to price a tiny bathroom renovation.

Oct 25, 2017
This is the Lamborghini of toilets, and just like the Lamborghini, your ass will never be the same once you're on one

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
I'd totally buy that toilet if I could afford it lol. Premium shitting experience :P

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
That toilet is basically a robot. The outlet requirements to have one are actually pretty crazy.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
So, toilets made by Toto is much better than toilets made by other companies?
So what you're saying is you drive a lower-end car because it gets you to A to B, you never buy any clothing that costs more because of the brand or appeal because you can literally buy bargain bin alternatives made from the almost exactly the same material and fit and endure just as well.

It's really strange you don't understand what luxury items are. Or you do and this is becomes even more bizarre.

Like, I could buy generic wal-mart drinking glasses but I prefer the style of the ones I have and are OK with paying the extra few dollars for the set.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
So, toilets made by Toto is much better than toilets made by other companies?
I have a Toto in my half bath in the basement, wish it was in the main bathroom, to be honest. Nothing fancy though just better than the American Standard one on the main level.

The ones in Japan were the real treat. I just am unable to add a $1700-4k toilet to a renovation cost.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Seems like a supply-demand problem. Americans probably don't demand for good butt hygiene, so few are made and the price is high.