• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BojTrek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
cameo.com offers actors, athletes, web stars, models, etc. to send you or a friend personalized videos for a dollar amount.

Has anyone tried this? You are given 250 characters to describe what you want the person to say. Some will only do what you ask and not add much more... others put some effort into it.

I have tried it and the video came today, I paid Jonathan Frakes - William T Riker from Star Trek The Next Generation and other acting and directing projects.

Last edited:

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
O shit this gives me an idea....someone will get what I mean by this

castlegar

Oct 27, 2017
Guys in my fantasy football league have paid players to tell the person who has them on their team that they suck, basically, which has been good for a laugh.

wideface

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
What if we got David Hayter to say something like "Hey, ResetEra, this is Solid Snake and I have a question for you: why can't you people just be normal?" or something like that?

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Christopher McDonald doesn't even list under his own name, instead cutting to the chase and showing up under Shooter McGavin 😂

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Shawn Michaels isn't here! NOOOOOOOO!!!! It would have been amazing gift to my wife. She's a big fan of his.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I saw this on Vice. Seems vaguely dystopian and ripe for abuse. Brett Favre was cajoled into reading some white supremacist shit without realizing.

No fault with the hustle, it just seems generally corny to me. Feel the same about autographs

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At least Riker is priced reasonably. I gotta imagine Billy Zane and Brian Austin Green are priced at 500 dollars because their agents bothered them to set up an account but don't actually want to do it so priced themselves out of range.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Planning to pay for one from the guy who played Bania on Seinfeld for my mother's birthday.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Why does my man Dave Foley look like someone snatched his soul.

Have you heard his story about his ex? Pretty much exactly what happened, really nasty divorce. Poor guy :/

He seems to be doing a lot better now though.

Going through this site and the endless scroll of celebs is certainly strange, and I'm surprised at some of the big names. Kareem Abdul for $500 damn.

edit: Oh shit Marlon Wayans with the priciest I've seen so far @ 1k.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Most of these celebs I could take or leave, but I'm not gonna lie... a message from Frakes would make me a little giddy.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got Anna Roisman (one of the HQ Trivia hosts) to do one for a friend who got fired from his job. It was like $20 well-spent. Scott Rogowsky does them too if there are any HQties out there interested.

I can't imagine paying more than $20-50 for one of these, but if you know somebody that is a big megafan of a particular celebrity it might be worth it. It's certainly way cooler than coughing up $100 for a photo op or autograph at a convention.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
After browsing around, the most expensive booking I can find is Caitlyn Jenner at $2,500.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After browsing around, the most expensive booking I can find is Caitlyn Jenner at $2,500.
Sarah Jessica Parker did Cameo for charity and only charged $1000. No idea what Jenner is smoking to ask for that much, especially when she's already wealthy beyond belief at this point.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently High Pitch Erik from Stern has made $70k already doing these.

Mar 3, 2019
At least Riker is priced reasonably. I gotta imagine Billy Zane and Brian Austin Green are priced at 500 dollars because their agents bothered them to set up an account but don't actually want to do it so priced themselves out of range.

I mean as much as these guys probally make, 500 to take time out of your day and do something is probally pocket change

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I mean as much as these guys probally make, 500 to take time out of your day and do something is probally pocket change
Assuming this is literally filmed on a mobile phone or webcam and the words emailed to them - they could knock out a bunch of these in ten minutes after breakfast - barely any effort and free money

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Tommy Wiseau, why are you not on this

edit: Kevin Conroy is on here, would be pretty cool to get a message from the goddamn Batman.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
i saw this site a few weeks ago and thought it was super weird. Also, Kevin O' leary from shark tank charges $999, and people have paid that.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Man, Kevin McDonald (Kids in the Hall) is hella cheap too....

I wish Jason Alexander was on this, I bet he'd clean up if he priced it reasonably ($100'ish).

The ones that price theirs at like 500+ just seem like they got pestered by their agents to sign up for it and don't really want to be bothered to do it.

edit - The actor that plays Keefe from The Righteous Gemstones is on here too, and he's doing them in-character too lol.

Last edited:

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Man, Kevin McDonald (Kids in the Hall) is hella cheap too....

I wish Jason Alexander was on this, I bet he'd clean up if he priced it reasonably ($100'ish).

The ones that price theirs at like 500+ just seem like they got pestered by their agents to sign up for it and don't really want to be bothered to do it.

$35?!! That's actually kinda depressing lol. But remember he's getting money for looking into a phone for 20 seconds.