• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't even own GTAV as the rest of the world probably does (I have the other ones on steam). However this mod is amazing, basically important characters in GTAV are replaced by characters of 3 Houses, making situations funnier.

Lock if old or offensive.

Non embbeded link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0REbr8m1gw

Last edited:

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Oh god they play the theme when he puts the headphones on

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
They look horrifying but I love it, hahaha. Would be fun for some of the voice actors who are active on youtube and twitch (Joe Zieja, Allegra Clark, Joe Brogie, etc) to dub over one of these~ 😋

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would fucking watch an entire playthrough of GTA with this mod lmao

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Fucking lol

JNE7qok.gif

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The character Caspar replaces has the perfect voice for him. XD

I don't play GTA games, but I love seeing out of context scenes with out of place characters I recognize modded over them.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
This is good stuff but it also reminds me that I kind of despise the story of GTA5 and most of its characters.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I discovered this yesterday was thinking I was gonna make a thread only to see this one which was made almost a week ago lol

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Not related to Fire Emblem, but I still love this remix of FF7 One Wing Angel using Big Smoke's lines.

OP
OP
King Dodongo

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Did Red Dead 2 have different writing staff because the difference in storytelling quality is astounding.

For the most part no, Dan Houser and co.'s writing capacity just do that -- vary widely in quality and style. Hence the starkness in going from something like GTA to Max Payne to Red Dead Redemption and back. When they're not doing slapstick satire like in GTA, they display a considerable aptitude for sincere worlds.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
For the most part no, Dan Houser and co.'s writing capacity just do that -- vary widely in quality and style. Hence the starkness in going from something like GTA to Max Payne to Red Dead Redemption and back. When they're not doing slapstick satire like in GTA, they display a considerable aptitude for sincere worlds.
Red Dead script is full of moments way funnier than anything in GTA's attempt at "satire," so I'll just consider them missing the mark when it comes to writing with their last game and hope they improve.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Red Dead script is full of moments way funnier than anything in GTA's attempt at "satire," so I'll just consider them missing the mark when it comes to writing with their last game and hope they improve.

Yeah, unfortunate to say, GTV was chicken scratch compared to RDRII. I don't think the funhouse mirror philosophy of the GTA setting meshes well with the misanthropic writing style Rockstar employs. In GTAIV, it was alright; okay. Ballad of Gay Tony and Lost and the Damned. But the series' modern foundations being in basically a contemporary urban idiocracy while it also tries to enable complete destructive havoc in freefrorm play in a justified manner tends to churn out results that feel right at home in an angsty elementary. RDRII is a lot more cohesive, from the ground up.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, unfortunate to say, GTV was chicken scratch compared to RDRII. I don't think the funhouse mirror philosophy of the GTA setting meshes well with the misanthropic writing style Rockstar employs. In GTAIV, it was alright; okay. Ballad of Gay Tony and Lost and the Damned. But the series' modern foundations being in basically a contemporary urban idiocracy while it also tries to enable complete destructive havoc in freefrorm play in a justified manner tends to churn out results that feel right at home in an angsty elementary. RDRII is a lot more cohesive, from the ground up.
Very good post.